“Offered a Great Night's Sleep with a Suitable Breakfast”

Holiday Inn Express - Houston
Ranked #270 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 6 November 2010

I love those Holiday Inn signs from my childhood. You know the ones – the star blazing atop the glowing, scripted “Holiday Inn.” There’s no such sign at this Holiday Inn Express, but it’s not needed, I suppose. The purpose of this Inn is as utilitarian as its signage.

We chose this Inn because it was near the gym hosting my daughter’s gymnastics competition. Keep a sharp eye when arriving, as I mentioned, there’s no large sign clearly marking the hotel’s location off the busy, overcrowded FM 1960 (we traveled eight miles in 20 minutes on a Saturday afternoon!).

The rooms are not large but are clean. And the beds are very comfortable, offering lots of cozy pillows as part of the bargain.

I was pleasantly surprised how quite the building was, considering it hotel was hosting both girl softball teams as well as gymnasts the night we were there.

The staff is friendly. They did screw up my bill but quickly offered to fix it as soon as pointed out that they overcharged me.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 July 2010

This was formerly a Best Western and was revamped into a HI Express. The remodel was done well, this is a small hotel, but a nice hotel. Ignore any review older than six months because it was a Best Western and we all know how bad those properties are. By the way I rate for the star level of property, so this is above average 2.5 star hotel in my opinion. However it is not a star property, just so you know how I rate.

1  Thank ads8qd
Travellers also viewed these Houston hotels
Super 8 Willowbrook
Super 8 Willowbrook
#203 of 518 in Houston
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston North Intercontinental
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston Intercontinental Arpt
Hampton Inn Houston - Willowbrook Mall
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Northwest-Brookhollow
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Houston SW-Medical Ctr Area

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Houston? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express - Houston

Address: 4434 FM 1960 Road West, Houston, TX 77068
Region: United States > Texas > Texas Gulf Coast > Houston
Ranked #270 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Price Range: £60 - £92 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express - Houston 2.5*
We're located on FM-1960 in the Champions Area of North Houston, Texas, and our hotel's ambiance matches our upscale address. Linger in our inviting lobby for an evening movie or casual conversation. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express - Houston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.