“great allocation”

HI-Houston: The Morty Rich Hostel
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel locates in a nice neighbourhood, quiet, beautiful, not far away from most sightseeing places, easy to access to museum, downtwon, etc through public transportation. (we walked to most museum actually), walking distance to many eating places. The staffs are friendly and willing to offer the assistance. There are lot of info available in the front desk, resturant info, walking maps, transportation info, etc. which make them different with other hotels. I stayed in the private room with my big boy and they were very considering and offered us an extra mattress. And people could meet in the living room to talk. if there is any slight complaint or remind, don't expect too much on breakfast, some stuff run out quickly if you are bit too late.

Anyhow, I love this place and will recommend it to my friend.

Room Tip: private room is upstair the little house in the backyard, bit seperated with dorm rooms. but very q...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I got a group room and it seem I was only one from my group in the room
But I had roommates male or females either side I thought there was male room and female room it was neutral which I'm OK with but its a note to others nevet been
Price was cheap

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

I was only passing through Houston for a night so I didn't get to stay very long but from what I saw morty rich is one of the best run places I've been. Rooms are clean, the house is beautiful. There's a fully functioning kitchen and dining room plus a living room and a tv room upstairs. The guy at the front desk was very super nice. They have this thing down there. A board with transportation info to anywhere of interest in Houston, lots of information about sights etc. another board with local events, night out specials etc. They even sell sewing kits, mini shampoos, toothbrushes etc. Two thumbs up.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

This is a great Hostel , nice quiet location , clean great breakfast and friendly staff , take note Bus 181 does not operate on Sundays!!! I found out the hard way!!!! The pool and outside area are nice also!!!
If you are not a member sign up , there is a free night coupon in the packet.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Hartifacts
Reviewed 16 February 2014

What hostel has a swimming pool? A pool table? oh yeah - and a computer and a TV. The breakfast was not hearty enough for a busy day of sightseeing - but with a supermarket a block away provisions can easily be augmented. The only problem were the other guests - and there is nothing management can do about that! Bring a lock for valuables over night and during the day. The hostel is located in the heart of Montrose, a lovely residential neighborhood - close to museums and a block from a bus stop to town.

Room Tip: all female room - shower was unavailable at the time I was there
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed at this hostel in January with a group of coworkers. I was in a private dorm room with just my fellow coworkers and we were gone in meetings all day long. Upon returning to the hostel one evening after work I came to realize that someone (on the cleaning staff we later figured out), had stolen all my jewelry. One hostel staff member was very helpful, however I do not feel that the appropriate actions were taken. If you stay at this hostel, make sure you lock up all your stuff regardless if you are in a private or open/shared room. Aside from having some sentimental valuables belongings stolen and no real reparations made, this hostel is fairly clean and staff are nice. They need more bathrooms, but aside from that it is a good place to stay in a great location.

Room Tip: No suggestions on room choice just make sure to lock up EVERYTHING you own!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Vanessa F
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I wish every city I went have this kind of Fantastic hostel. It is both cheap and interesting. You can talk to strangers and meet friends without considering whether they are good guys or drunk. The neighborhood is quite, clean and have a good traffic. It had a little swimming pool!!! I love this place!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo