MainStay Suites Texas Medical Center/Reliant Park
Ranked #168 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Myself and 2 teens stayed for a cheer leading competition nearby. Breakfast ok.
The room had everything we needed. Wireless,coffee fridge etc.
Clean spacious and good service. Felt secure.
Very reasonable price under 90 a night.
Would stay again.
Regent Park and hospital area. VA ,MD Anderson etc.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 March 2014

I recently stayed there 21 days while my wife underwent medical treatment at M D Anderson. Within a few days all the staff called me by name and asked about my wife who was pretty much bed-bound because of her surgery. The housekeeping staff were friendly and efficient, and always found time to meet all our requests. The shuttle drivers were very thoughtful and friendly and punctual. One in particular, Ed, asked about my wife each day and was very friendly to everyone in the shuttle and inside the hotel. In the past I have owned hotels and know how difficult it is to train a staff to be so friendly and thoughtful. The manager is to be commended for training such an efficient staff. One side effect of the friendly staff is the guests also become friendlier and make the stay more pleasant.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms are on the 4th or 5 th floor at the back . We had 403 and it was very quiet. For...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jheri R
Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is the third time my husband and I stay at this hotel. This time we got a room on the second floor. It was a little different from the ones on the first floor (I'm not sure in what way), but we liked it. It had the same amenities: Kitchen with dishwasher, microwave oven, toaster, fridge, stove, pots and pans, china, and silverware. You really don't need to eat out. The bed was queen size and the room was nice. The bathroom was nice, clean, and comfortable. Breakfast was fine (the usual breakfast items). There are videos in the lobby that you can borrow for one day. One of the best features of this hotel is that it has two different complimentary shuttles: One to and from Houston Hobby Airport and the other one to and from the Medical Center. We are always pleased with this hotel. The location is not the best, but if you're going to the Medical Center, this is probably your best choice. It is a simple hotel, but it has everything you need.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Indiana_Brown
Reviewed 7 March 2014

We have been traveling to Houston at least every other month for treatment at MD Anderson. The first time there we stayed at a luxury hotel attached to the medical center. While there, we heard someone who stayed at Mainstay and loved it.. So we have been at Mainstay since . They have shuttles to the medical center and Will drop you off or pick you up at Hobby airport..they offer a free Breakfast every morning. Each room has a kitchen area with a stove, microwave, big fridge and dishwasher. For sure their best quality is their employees. For instance, Ed the shuttle driver -he knows the area and history of the area and can answer any questioń. They are all super nice,compassionate and go out of their way to make your stay is the best it can be. The hotel itself is a bit worn, but with their price it doesn't matter. We can eat our other 2 meals for the day and then some on the difference.$to

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My family stayed in this hotel for 3 nights this week. I actually hesitated about writing this review because I wanted to keep this little gem all to myself. There are patients who need to know about this place, however, so I will share ;-) The hotel is clean. Our room was very comfortable and everything we needed was available. Housekeeping did an excellent job during our stay. The care and compassion that the hotel staff shows to their guests is what really sets this place apart. They truly go above and beyond to help guests who are dealing with medical issues. They have a medical shuttle which runs every hour, as well as an airport shuttle which runs every odd hour. The shuttle drivers are excellent! SO friendly and caring. My husband had appointments at MD Anderson and my daughter also had appointments at the Texas Children's Hospital. The shuttle drivers dropped us off at MD Anderson, then picked us up when we were finished and took us to Texas Children's Hospital. The airport shuttle driver was very helpful and caring, a safe driver who got us to the airport in good timing. They were cheerful and we could tell that they really enjoy their job. The front desk staff are very nice as well. I'm sure they get frustrated at times, but while we were there, they never showed it. We will stay here every chance we get while we are in the med center for appointments! Oh, and don't forget to eat at Beaucoup's which is within walking distance. The shuttle driver recommended it & I'm so glad he did. We ate the best catfish we've ever had!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karla R
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My wife and I have to visit MD Anderson Hospital almost every month, and if available, we stay at Mainstay Suites Texas Medical Center/Reliant Park. While not inexpensive, it beats the price of any other hotels in the area in its class and is much nicer than the economy hotels in the area, many of which are objectionable.

The staff is very friendly and I have gotten to know a few of them. One of the shuttle drivers, Ed, has been there since we have been going there. He is outstanding driving the shuttle carefully and explaining how the shuttle pick-ups work. When not driving the shuttle during his hours, he stays busy helping out around the hotel. He also has helped me with good restaurants in the area, good shopping options, and with any other questions that I have. He always is friendly and polite and has a smile to greet me. When going there for my spouse's cancer treatments, it is great to see a friendly face.

Another employee there named Henderson, who drives the shuttle to the airport and does maintenance work at the hotel, is also very friendly and helpful. He came to our room several months ago to fix our TV connection and we kind of hit it off. He has been a face that I am always happy to see too. He is meticulous about his work and will stay until the job is completed and right. He also know his sports!

Terrence is also a nice guy there who recently started driving the shuttle, but also runs the front desk, and most anything else they need him to do. He is always friendly and flexible to help us out any way he can. On my most recent trip there, he made a special shuttle run to MD Anderson Main Clinic and Mays Clinic to accomodate my wife and I and another customer of Mainstay Suites.

From the front desk to the shuttle sevice to housekeeping; it is a pleasant place to stay during difficult times for me and my family. The rooms are always clean, in the summer there is place to swim, there are free movie rentals, and the staff is very good.

I would recommend it to someone needing accomodations in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Durward B
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We have been staying at the hotel for the last two years every time we have appointments at M.D. Anderson. Unfortunately, I am a cancer paient and have to travel to texas about every three months. Since our first stay we continued to return mainly because of the staff and compassion they show to their guests. In these stressful times it's a blessing to be greeted with a friendly smile and kind words. The shuttle drivers, especially Ed, are awesome friends who go out of their way to assist in all ways possible. The facility is clean and provides a home away from home when you need it the most. "Thank you all at Mainstay"

Jim & Kathy W.