Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$102
Hotels.com
US$143
US$134
  • Restaurant
All reviewssliding closet doorslept really wellspecial shoutbreakfast and dinnergreat hotel and staffstayed at the marriotttv channelsquiet roomstayed for one nighttoilet paperfitness centeroutdoor poolevery staff memberhouse keepingcorner roomfirst floorexcellent customer service
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed for one night. Check in was fast and I had no problems. Stayed in a remodeled room and it was nice. The ice maker on my floor did not work but the one near the lobby did.

Courtyard has recently changed so they no longer have free coffee in the lobby. They do have coffee in the room that you can make, but not tea. Had to pay $1 a bag to take tea bags back to the room.

Other than that, the rest of my stay was great. I like the new food options especially the hummus. The servers were so helpful.

Room Tip: Bring your own tea bags if you want tea in the room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelerfromSandy
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Thank you for your review! We were able at that time to find the ice maker that was not working and repair it. You are correct that Courtyard is encouraging all hotels to remove the complimentary coffee from our lobbies, but we will continue to offer in room coffee. With the rising popularity in tea, we do have complimentary tea available upon request. We look forward to hosting you on future trips to Houston!

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I realized I had reservations for two marriott hotels which were right next door to each other. Its complicated but all I knew was I wasn't happy with this hotel!. I went to the front desk to check in and I was told because the Reward points we were using were in my husband's name he had to be present and show valid ID. I went to get my husband he came and presented the front desk clerk with his drivers license. The clerk ordered my husband to take off his sunglasses and looked my husband in the eyes then to his drivers license then handed the license back to my husband. We we got to the room I realized I wasn't in a suite which I knew I had booked. (its too complicated to explain the mistake I made). As we are putting bags down in the room the front desk rings our room asking if we are comfortable with our room. I asked if there is complimentary breakfast he tells me no. I tell him I think I'm suppose to be at the Springhill Marriott. His response was, no this is the Courtyard Marriott. There is a big sign saying Courtyard when you pull up. Now I know this isn't where I wanted to book our stay. I go downstairs to the front desk and show the clerk I'm booked at two hotels. I'm suppose to have a suite and complimentary breakfast. He tells me there is nothing he can do. I explained that the confusion came in when the 800# helped me book my room using my reward points. Still would not help me. I went back to the room and called the rewards line. The lady was willing to help me. She had me a room at the Springhill (next door) but the assistant GM at the Courtyard would not let my out of my reservation! He told the operator we had been in the room more than and hour so he couldn't. We definitely were not in that room for an hour. When I called downstairs and asked for his district manager's name and phone # he wanted to help then. So he supposedly called Springhill and the room was gone! I asked again for the district manager and I was told by the assistant GM he didn't know who that was and he didn't have a phone#. I sat on the phone for 2 hours trying to get the heck out of this hotel. Finally a kind gentleman at the rewards center listened to my problem. He cancelled my reservation without penalty fees with the Courtyard and checked us into the Springhill.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experiened in the brief time on property. While there were some different smells during our propery renovation, I'm happy to report that it is completed! I understand the frustration with having two Marriott Brands so near each other, and am glad that the Assistant General Manager did make the right decision to allow cancellation of your reservation after check in while working with the Marriott Rewards Team. We have used your feedback as an example for our team of being more flexible, more quickly and believe it has helped to improve our service! So, thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

The room was clean but lobby was more of a hangout for young singles not for families. A guest was given our room and walked in with his own key while we were in the room. Front desk apologized but i remained uncomfortable. They were quick to give me a fridge and microwave when I asked.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your compliments on room cleanliness in our hotel. I do want to sincerely apologize about the issues you encountered. We have used your feedback to reemphasize our commitment and dedicated focus on guest safety and security so that these mistakes do not happen in the future. Again, thank you for your review and if you would like to discuss further please don’t hesitate to contact me at cy.houcy.gm@marriott.com.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Staff is excellent and was very accomodative after 2 rooms smelled badly of smoke despite this being a noon smoking hotel. Desk chair worn and would lock in place. Tv cable had to be manipulated to get a signal.
But all staff were fantastic at all times of day or night. Food good but is not a free breakfast. Internet free and fast with no login required.
Cost higher than normal courtyard due to otc conference.

• Stayed: May 2013

We very much appreciate your taking the time to share your feedback, and your kind compliments for our staff. I do apologize some of our rooms smelled of smoke and furniture was looking a little worn. While the hotel is smoke free, we have revisited our training and procedures with treating rooms that guests have smoked in. We are excited to announce that our hotel guest room renovation has begun, and all room furniture will be replaced by August 2013. The first renovated rooms will be completed by June 9, 2013. We hope that you will return to see our brand new guest room! I want to thank you again for taking the time to write a review. If you would like to discuss further please don’t hesitate to contact me at cy.houcy.gm@marriott.com.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

An ordinary Courtyard (stayed here one other time on business about three years ago), but the staff was jumping out of their skin trying to be helpful and nice. A+ acknowledgement to the front desk clerks ... just because. After a long, long day on the road, when one doesn't have major business/social plans, a glass of wine, a lite bite, and catching the game on the big screen isn't so bad. We received the usual good food and service in the lobby dining spot the next morning (though I will say the staff got bombarded, causing a delay in the last thing you want delayed - COFFEE!).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business