“Nice hotel”

Ranked #182 of 506 Hotels in Houston
Georgetown, Texas
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This Marriott has a pleasant and helpful staff. The building is well-maintained, the furnishings newer. It was kept extremely clean and the room was quiet. The cleaning staff are friendly and efficient.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very proud of both out team, and the beautiful, newly renovated hotel we have to offer our guests. We look forward to hosting you on future trips to Houston.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Nice location. Didn't hear any road noise. Good construction, couldn't hear other rooms. Nicely maintained facility. Definitely recommend. Good fitness center. Nice courtyard for relaxing. Love the colors in the cafe. Rooms are comfortable with fridges and big tv's.

Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this review, 19 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for the kudos on our staff, and newly renovated hotel. We are very proud of both our service and the beautiful newly renovated hotel we have to offer our guests.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel at 8am on wednesday 9/25. We realized rooms might not be ready, but we were willing to give it a try, since we were very tired and did not mind paying an extra fee for early check in. Well, the room wasnt ready, but the front desk agent offered to give us a call as soon as one was available, which she did. We got a call at 12pm. When we got back, we were checked in by Leo, who was great, accomodating, kind and very sweer. He also called us when we were in the room to make sure we like it. We loved it! It was exactly what we expected. The only hiccup was on our last night, when i called down for shampoo, the front desk agent said 'i dont have anyone to bring them to u, but u can come get them urself'. I just sent my husband to get it, but it was a little awkawrd walking down in his pj to get shampoo because they are shirtstaffed (it was 8pm on a friday night).
Overall, we would definetely stay here again, good access to freeways, nice pool (no hottub) and great service.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for posting your review! We are very proud of the hotel's new look, and the staff that makes a huge impact on the enjoyment of your stay. We appreciate the constructive feedback on the shampoo delivery as well, and used your feedback as a training opportunity with our team. We look forward to seeing you on future trips to Houston!
florida
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed in this hotel for business. "Remodeled" hotel except the moldy, filthy, disgusting shower in the handicapped room that I was given (I did not book a handicapped room) - see pics. I could not change rooms as hotel was supposedly fully booked according to the person at the front desk. My room night was comped by the front desk, but it is completely inexcusable that the hotel would book anyone into such a room. This should be a complete embarrassment to Marriott & the Courtyard brand. I ended up showering in my flip-flops!!!! Disgusting and unacceptable, period.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank nbkob74
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I understand that you did not request an accessible room, and apologize that you received a room type that you did not request. It is the only room with this older, less attractive tile, so I do understand your frustration for having to occupy this room. I am proud of our team for taking care of the room charge since you were not happy with the accommodations. We are in the process of receiving more tiles that will match the tile used in our recent property renovation, and will be replacing the tile in this room very soon.

Travellers are raving about these Houston hotels

San Francisco
Reviewed 31 July 2013

When in Houston, I travel between the Greenspoint, Galleria and Westchase areas. Traffic on the 610 near the Galleria is horrendous, and should be avoided around rush hour at all cost!

Found this hotel to be a great compromise with easy access to the 610, 10, and 290 freeways. If the freeways are packed, at least you have some options (versus near Galleria where it can take you 20 minutes to just get out and away from your hotel). Only problem is the major freeway construction at 610 and 290 right by the hotel. You have to find your way around that, and once you do, the problem isn't so bad.

Hotel has been remodeled (not sure if all rooms are done yet), but lobby areas definitely are.

A bit less expensive than something in the Galleria, with self parking on the premises (no waiting forever for Valet to retrieve your car).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
We appreciate your time in reviewing our property. I must agree that our location convenience is one of the great things about our hotel. We have now completed the rooms renovation, so all rooms are new!
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed for one night. Check in was fast and I had no problems. Stayed in a remodeled room and it was nice. The ice maker on my floor did not work but the one near the lobby did.

Courtyard has recently changed so they no longer have free coffee in the lobby. They do have coffee in the room that you can make, but not tea. Had to pay $1 a bag to take tea bags back to the room.

Other than that, the rest of my stay was great. I like the new food options especially the hummus. The servers were so helpful.

Room Tip: Bring your own tea bags if you want tea in the room.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelerfromSandy
Thank you for your review! We were able at that time to find the ice maker that was not working and repair it. You are correct that Courtyard is encouraging all hotels to remove the complimentary coffee from our lobbies, but we will continue to offer in room coffee. With the rising popularity in tea, we do have complimentary tea available upon request. We look forward to hosting you on future trips to Houston!
Schriever, Louisiana
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I realized I had reservations for two marriott hotels which were right next door to each other. Its complicated but all I knew was I wasn't happy with this hotel!. I went to the front desk to check in and I was told because the Reward points we were using were in my husband's name he had to be present and show valid ID. I went to get my husband he came and presented the front desk clerk with his drivers license. The clerk ordered my husband to take off his sunglasses and looked my husband in the eyes then to his drivers license then handed the license back to my husband. We we got to the room I realized I wasn't in a suite which I knew I had booked. (its too complicated to explain the mistake I made). As we are putting bags down in the room the front desk rings our room asking if we are comfortable with our room. I asked if there is complimentary breakfast he tells me no. I tell him I think I'm suppose to be at the Springhill Marriott. His response was, no this is the Courtyard Marriott. There is a big sign saying Courtyard when you pull up. Now I know this isn't where I wanted to book our stay. I go downstairs to the front desk and show the clerk I'm booked at two hotels. I'm suppose to have a suite and complimentary breakfast. He tells me there is nothing he can do. I explained that the confusion came in when the 800# helped me book my room using my reward points. Still would not help me. I went back to the room and called the rewards line. The lady was willing to help me. She had me a room at the Springhill (next door) but the assistant GM at the Courtyard would not let my out of my reservation! He told the operator we had been in the room more than and hour so he couldn't. We definitely were not in that room for an hour. When I called downstairs and asked for his district manager's name and phone # he wanted to help then. So he supposedly called Springhill and the room was gone! I asked again for the district manager and I was told by the assistant GM he didn't know who that was and he didn't have a phone#. I sat on the phone for 2 hours trying to get the heck out of this hotel. Finally a kind gentleman at the rewards center listened to my problem. He cancelled my reservation without penalty fees with the Courtyard and checked us into the Springhill.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experiened in the brief time on property. While there were some different smells during our propery renovation, I'm happy to report that it is completed! I understand the frustration with having two Marriott Brands so near each other, and am glad that the Assistant General Manager did make the right decision to allow cancellation of your reservation after check in while working with the Marriott Rewards Team. We have used your feedback as an example for our team of being more flexible, more quickly and believe it has helped to improve our service! So, thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback.