“Nice hotel - GREAT service”

Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow
Ranked #174 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 12 July 2014

The service at this hotel is WONDERFUL. We had a few little issues (broken ice machine, dirty shower) and they took care of everything. The staff is amazing - friendly, attentive, helpful. The rooms are comfortable, but are in need of some updating. The surrounding area is a little rough, but not scary.
Bistro is a little pricy, but better than the Mexican joint or the strip club across the street.
About 15 minutes from Minute Maid Park.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room away from the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2014

Thank you for completing your review. We appreciate your kind words about our service. While we try to prevent issues or problems from happening, we do know that when they do how we respond and take care of the problem can make a big difference in a good or bad guest experience.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I am a frequent visitor to Houston, and I am always open to staying in new places and in different parts of the city. In the past, staying either downtown or near the Medical Center was the norm, but over my last few trips I've realized that my focus of things to do while in Houston has shifted more northwest of downtown. After my last trip in February 2014, I checked this hotel out because it was in the more general area of what I planned to do this past weekend while in the city.
I am a VERY loyal Marriott customer, which is my first and usually ONLY choice in lodging.
I can't in good conscience fault the hotel for the one drawback to staying here, which is the state of the roadwork in the surrounding area. Houston is notorious for having every major roadway in a constant state of repair,demolition, or construction, and the area around this property seems to be "ground zero". Parts of the interstate adjacent to the hotel are gone & being rebuilt, the service road to the property is under construction ( and the hotel has NOTHING to do with this....it IS a fact to be considered though!), and there is pretty heavy traffic in every direction around it.
Still, it is a really nice hotel for a much older property. The check in experience is very good; the staff is extremely friendly, efficient, and in a matter of a couple of minutes you're on you way to your room. The check in desk seems rather close to the entrance for my tastes...I felt as if I was still standing half-in and half-out of the lobby into the parking lot, but big deal...its not like I would be spending most of my stay there.
The room itself was much larger than most Courtyard properties these days...again, I am sure that it is because the property is obviously a much older one than most, but you know what....give me older any day because it was roomier,sturdier built with a LOT less outside noise leaking in from outside, and just much more comfortable than some newer ones.
In summary, a pleasant nights stay anytime in my book.
As I've mentioned in my header, I'll be back! I've already booked my next stay here and look forward to my return!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

We appreciate you review, and thank you for your business. We look forward to an end to the area road construction project, but know that it will end with an enhanced flow of traffic and easier commuting for our guests when complete.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

stayed at this location as it was close to a customer appointment. The staff were the friendliest I have encountered recently. From check in to the bistro in the evening and morning the staff could not do enough to make my stay pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We know that service is what can separate us from our competition, and our guests leaving happy insures you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed 3 nights at this courtyard for a business trip. Most of the Courtyards all look the same now, I like the food/bar options. The service was great and my room was very clean. I also used the gym and have no complaints. My only issue with Courtyards is the pillows are awful, it takes 3 of them to make one like I use at home.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
CYBrookhollowGM, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston Brookhollow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Our service and renovated hotel are a source of pride for us, so thank you for your feedback. All new queen size pillows have been purchased and are being placed into the rooms. This size change is an increase to the Marriott Standard, as full size pillows were the standard prior. Changes happen due to guests giving their feedback, so thank you for providing your experience!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The good news is this hotel has a renovated public space and the breakfast area is quite busy with healthy oriented food and an efficient wait staff. The public space has also been redesigned to allow for more interaction.

The room was a standard Courtyard experience and the sink was part of the bathroom and not outside by the closet.

This specific area as of May 2014 is smack in the middle of a major Houston freeway construction project. It is accessible, but you will need to have a little patience. The neighborhood has 2 nice restaurants directly across the street (Antones and Juanitas).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

The team members never tire of hearing positive feedback on their service and they were very grateful to hear the feedback you provided on our renovated public space and The Bistro. We are very eager to see an end to the construction project you referenced, but have started seeing positive signs such as or on ramp to 610 in front of the hotel reopening. When finished it will be a major improvement to the flow of traffic, but I do know it may cause some delays currently.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Two nights and cannot wait to check out. Staff super sweet, and clean BUT you can clearly hear your neighbors on both sides and above you. Not just where they are walking but their conversations as well as their tv's. People aren't being loud they are conducting themselves normally. The construction of the walls is horrible!!!! I am on the 2nd floor, it's sold out or I would request to move. The traffic is busy and my room is in the back of the hotel so I can hear the traffic very well.

Good location if you can get past the high inside and outside noise level.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Our team members appreciate your compliments on the friendliness of service. I am sure that being sold out did not help with the noise issues, but due to your and other guests feedback, we are looking into purchasing a noise reducing blackout drape for our rooms facing the surrounding streets. While only so much can be done inside of the hotel, we hope to do all we can to reduce the road and traffic sounds that may inconvenience our guests.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This Marriott-owned property is an oasis of cool in an otherwise depressing area.

The location is perfect. The hotel is just yards from the junction of U.S. 290 and I-610, and has access to another crossroad as an exit. There is a gas station and at least three restaurants within walking distance. (The hotel has its own "bistro" as well).

The decor is fresh; the room is clean and well-appointed. The free wifi is great, the staff is friendly and the convenience-store styled market is nice to have 24 hours a day.

The only negative here is the lack of a free breakfast. Still, there are plenty of paid choices in the lounge for all meals.

One thing — this is a completely smoke-free hotel. I was placed into a room that smelled exactly like an ashtray. I called the front desk immediately, and they switched me into a different, fresh room with no questions asked. Great service.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

We thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. Our location is one of the many things we hear as a great benefit to our guests. Cleanliness and reliable/free high speed internet is a requirement for any hotel, and we take both very seriously. Having received two responses within 30 days noting a smoke odor in our smoke free hotel, as noted in the subsequent review, we have tightened our procedures after a full review to insure we are doing everything we can to have all odor issues resolved prior to new guests checking into those rooms.