“Nice stay, wi-fi issues”

Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown
Ranked #102 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 2 November 2011

This is a nice hotel. I shared a corner suite with 3 other women and the beds (including the pullout sofa) were comfortable. The staff were nice and accommodating, but I consistently had problems with wi-fi interruptions. The downtown is pretty vacant on the weekends and many of the restaurants weren't open, forcing us to eat at the hotel much of the time.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 October 2011

Overall stay was good. The staff was pleasant and flexible when asked to make accommodations. Parking was pricey but if you travel over the weekend there is a parking garage across the street offering a much better deal for parking.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I spent 12 nights at the Doubletree while attending a seminar. They gave me an upgraded room due to the length of stay which was really nice. All the staff were very friendly and very helpful. I appreciated the free driver for trips around downtown. The hotel is very clean and the beds very comfortable. Will definately stay here on my next trip to Houston.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Caroline090
Reviewed 22 September 2011

My husband & I stayed here from sept11-16...our room was on the 19th floor with corner windows from ceiling to floor...the view was amazing but the view at night was spectacular of the city.There was not one time that I left the hotel or return to it that I wasn't given at least 4-5 greetings.The valets outside were all so polite ,friendly,and always willing to help or give suggestions thank- you( Noe,Eddie,luis,atieh)special thanks to Noel who shuttled us around at times always with a smile and story. The staff in the hotel was always there to help me....from deleting photos to suggestion places to go visit or eat...a special great big thank -you to Felton...you booked our room and made me feel so special,also Shelly & Mary...I know I forgot names but this hotel will offer warm cookies and the valets offer cold water both entering the hotel and leaving.....We loved our stay here and it was the staff that made a difference......Thank you Double Tree Hilton we had a fantastic stay......:-) :-) :-)

Room Tip: Corner suite up high.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LandryHalifax
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights this summer on a trip to Texas. On arrival at the hotel we were greated by a lovely lady who checked us in and gave us 2 warm chocolate chip cookies to welcome us! It was a lovely surprise and just what we needed after a long drive from San Antonio.
The hotel is located in downtown houston. We asked the concierge where was the best shopping area and he directed us to the Galleria area about a ten minute drive from the hotel. This area was much busier than the downtown area and there seemed to be lots of lovely hotels and restaurants out there. The shopping centre is fantastic!
The hotel was very clean and tidy and the breakfast that was included in our room price was very good. There was a great selection of fruits yoghurts, pastries and hot food. We thought it was great value for money. There is a nice bar area just off the lobby and we enjoyed having a drink here in the evenings before bed.
We asked the concierge about visiting a ranch in the area and he didnt know of any nearby. I thought he should have been more informed about the local attractions as we found out that there are plenty of ranches around from other tourists we met.
Overall we enjoyed our stay here and would stay here again if we return to Houston.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gemflanagan
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Clean and comfortable. Breakfast was included which was great. We took advantage of the hotel car to drop us off in local areas. It was very hot in Houston when we were there. over 40degc everyday. but the hotel a/c was great. the beds comfortable. the location is on the edge of downtown which suited us as we were hanging out in melrose area. a short taxi ride.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Large beds and helpful staff. The rooms are equipped with an average renovation, new 42inch Philips flatscreen LCDs, and an old central air system (that has not been renovated). The closet space are definitely is from the 70s. Furniture are pretty much a 3.5*, but stretching a 4*. There is apparently no pool or sauna onsite, but it was suggested that it would have been possible to go to the Hilton Americana within a complimentary shuttle ride away (11 blocks).

The bonus are the fresh baked-styled cookies which the conceirge gives out when you check in. As a bonus for being a Hilton Honors Gold member, I was offered complimentary wifi. The staff were extremely helpful, and my room came with breakfast.

You can pretty much get all the basics after a long flight ride and for a business trip. I would suggest it for someone who came to Houston just for the basics and need a place to stay without too much hassle.

Overall: B+

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business