“OUTSTANDING ACCOMMODATIONS”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown
Ranked #109 of 518 Hotels in Houston
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 September 2013

This was an outstanding location and beautiful in every way. EVERYONE on the staff from the time I walked into the building were extremely courteous and helpful. It was a quick one-day trip but totally enjoyable. One of my considerations was the shuttle service to a venue that was also downtown. Loved the 400 Dallas Street (downtown) location.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Toya B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Thank you for the raving review! We wish all guest share your experience during the visit with us. We hope to see you soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,200)

Reviewed 8 September 2013

There is some type of problem outside this hotel that makes sleeping nearly impossible. It sounds and feels like being in the middle of bombing range. Front Desk said it is a metal plate in the streets surrounding the building and the City of Houston is supposed to fix it. Whatever it is, it makes terrible noise and vibration at all times of night and day. In addition - the parking garage across the street is lit up like a Christmas tree all night. Even the dark curtains can't keep the light out.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael K

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Once we received the complaint from guest of the outside noise disturbance, I had my General Manager to contact the City of Houston to see what was going on and how long it would be happening. The City then placed cones around the hole to ensure less noise to our guest during the project. Thank you for bringing this to our attention prior to leaving property as we would've not known this was an issue occuring.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This is the second time I've stayed at the Doubletree for 4th of July. If you reserve early enough you can get a room with a view of the city fireworks, which are amazing.
The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are spotless.
I had my kids with me and still received excellent service. I mention this because sometimes I notice quite a difference in attitude from when I travel on business versus with my family.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Trumansmom989
Toya B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Thank you for sharing your 4th of July experience with us! This event is always huge for our community and hotel. We love the excitement and energy. We hope to see you again in 2014!

Reviewed 6 September 2013 via mobile

It was a Saturday and we decided to take the kids out of town just for the night. So last minute we decided to want to stay at a Doubletree and we found this one downtown. Couldn't pick a better one. My husband and I had already stayed here before. Of course a lil busy, but thats to be expected, but check in was okay and quick. The room was fantastic for the price we paid! Did not get the cookie at check in, not a big deal, but yet promised. We had a 2 room corner room that was gorgeous. Amazing view of the city. Clean restrooms. Very spacious. Would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am surprised you didn't receive our famous Chocolate Chip and walnut cookie :(. That's the reason guest choose to stay at Doubletree by Hilton properties. If for some reason you don't receive one at check-in, please always go back to the desk and request one; we will be happy to recreate the experience. We hope the kids enjoyed the hotel as much as you and your husband. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Everything was excellent, from the restaurant to concierge, housekeeping, lobby & bar area. Will stay here again. Our every need was attended to. The cookie on check-in was a pleasant surprise. The bar staff seemed a little overwhelmed at first, but got everything sorted out.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Our famous Chocolate Chip and walnut cookies is what makes us different from others! We are glad the staff and outlets met your expectations and we hope you choose us on your return visit to Houston Downtown.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed here to celebrate a birthday and I couldn't have picked a better hotel. Great Job! The valet was wonderful the front desk service was excellent and everybody was really nice. I would recommend this and stay here again. My only concern was it was never quiet in our room we could hear everything going on around us. I do understand that nobody can help that, it happens. Other than that everything was perfect. Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I love your slogan "DoubleTree=DoubleStay! We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay for your birthday! I will share your comments with our valet and front office staff; they enjoy making guest stay rememborable. We are also looking into ways to address the noise from room to room.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Staying at the hotel was a last minute decision since I only live 20 minutes away. Me and a friend were going out for the night and did not want to drive. I called DoubleTree directly at 10:02pm and made a reservation for two double beds. I arrived at the hotel 10 minutes later and proceeded to check in after valeting my car. When I arrived at the front desk, I was told there were no rooms with two double beds available. The front desk girl was nice but did give some attitude when I asked questions and asked for the manager. The manager was very nice and upgraded us to a suite. It was frustrating because the email confirmation was from 10 minutes earlier. I explained that I had called the DoubleTree number, not a third party like hotels.com. I was also told that they did not have any rooms like that available all day long. They need to improve their communication between the hotel and reservation department.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I recall responding to you via our guest comment from Hilton as well and we are ensuring we manage the reservation system totals with that of the hotel. Again, thank you and glad you enjoyed the suite upgrade and hope you give us a second chance if travels take you to Downtown Houston.