DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown
US$247
US$231
US$152
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$102
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$100
US$163
US$140
galahotels.com
1,257 results
All reviewsallen centerhobby centercorner roomvalet parkinghouston downtownvalet staffshuttle servicebusiness tripbreakfast buffetthe room was nicefree shuttlebusiness centerfitness centerenjoyed my stayconciergeproximityconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I stayed in doubletree houston downtown hotel on the dallas street in Nov13. Hotel is located convenientlyin the downtown. It has functional restaurant, fitness room and other amenity.
Rooms are convenient. It is functional business hotel.
Charges are reasonable. I had got room rate with bread and breakfast.
Server in breakfast room reminded me that buffet breakfast vouchar does not include her tips.
Given the proximity and rate offered for this hotel, i will stay again stay at this hotel. I rate Embassy, double tree and Hilton in downtown ares in the same league

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Toya B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us during your stay. I have shared your restaurant experience with our Outlets Manager. If you don't mind e-mailing me your restaurant experience with the server in the restuarant, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

The check-in experience was terrific. I received a surprise upgrade to one of the Hilton Honors floors as a member. The room was nice and clean, but there were a few negatives. Even on the 17th floor, the traffic noise from the outside was quite loud. The walls are paper thin, so the neighboring rooms' TV volume made sleeping difficult. We were there for a conference that started on Friday night and ended on Saturday. The room price was great, but it did not include the parking fee which was $18.00 plus tax on the weekend per 24 hours. I moved my car across the street to the parking garage as the Saturday rate was only $5 ( a little inconvenient, but worth the savings ). The ballrooms and meeting rooms were very nice and the area that was designated for registration and displays was more than adequate. If you are planning an event and want a downtown location- this hotel is a great choice. There is a bar/restauranl, as well as a sit down restaurant, both pretty pricey. We chose to walk a few clocks to McDonalds to get breakfast. There is a Starbucks within a few blocks, too,

Room Tip: Although the freeway is pretty far away, the noise still travels. Try to get an east facing room to minimize the noise.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for your raving reviews about your recent stay! I will share with our hotel staff and Banquet Managers. I will also share your experience with the Director of Engineering. If you don't mind, e-mail me your HHonors info so in the future, we can place you on the odd side of the hotel. I tend to upgrade my HHonors guest to the even side as that's the view of the city which is beautiful at night. Thank you again.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Hotel is obviously a favorite of business travelers for Shell. Hotel has a old European vibe. Love the sunken dining area open to the lobby and the receptionist that guides you to the dining atmosphere of your choice including the "no media" dining room.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We enjoy having all Shell guest with us. They know the staff and the staff know them by name. We wish you a Happy Holidays and see you soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

A friend and I shared a Downtown Doubletree hotel room while we attended the International Quilt Festival at the end of October/beginning of November 2013. The hotel staff did their best to make sure we were comfortable and would enjoy our visit.

They had no problem with splitting the room costs into two bills, unevenly and exactly as we requested. Unfortunately, they could not distribute the Hilton Honors credits to both of our accounts.

They provided a small refrigerator for us at no cost and a shuttle to nearby restaurants and grocery stores. The hotel also participated in the Quilt Festival shuttle service, so we were able to take a bus to and from the Convention Center at no additional cost (other than tips).

The room was cleaned daily, and sheets and towels were only changed when requested, thereby saving water and energy through the hotel's environmental-friendly program.

We did have some trouble keeping the coffee, tea and related sundries available in the room, and had to request special assistance from housekeeping, which was provided promptly.

In general, we were very happy with our stay, and plan to stay there again when in Houston for the 2014 event.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Toya B, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We love the Quilters! We hope you choose us again and glad we were able to accommodate you with your additonal amenities and will follow up with our housekeeping staff on leaving extra toiletries in double occupied rooms. Our inventory is available now to book for 2014 Quilts if you are interested.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Room turned over to me in nasty conditions. Hair on the toilet and bathroom floor. Clear creamy stuff on the full length mirror. 1980's decor. I had a very hard time getting to sleep in the bed after the bathroom and mirror experience. After traveling by air for hours, the last thing I wanted to deal with at 9:30 PM is a dirty room at checkin.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am aware of our Director of Housekeeping reaching out to you to Make It Right. We hope we have met your expectations and will give us a second chance on your return visit to Houston.