“Simply well all around.”

Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown
Ranked #100 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My stay was pleasant. Staff were helpful, polite, and friendly. The only annoying thing about the inroom accomendations was that the tv/cable would reset to "channel 1" or the "beggining" every time you would turn off and on the t.v. again. I Would reccomend and re-visit.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

We would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We apologize that you were annoyed with the in room accommodations that of the tv/cable reset. We are glad you brought this to our attention and I have shared with our Director of Engineering to address with our cable provider.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have stayed at several Doubletree Hotels and most were very good. My girlfriend and I were in town for a ballet which was just down the road. It was summer so we chose to have the hotel shuttle take us. Although the shuttle stops transfers after 10:45 pm we were able to have them pick us up at 10:40 pm which is when the ballet was over. The room was clean and the beds were so comfortable. The area is very good and although we saw a few homeless people about we did not feel like were in danger. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

We would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends. Our proximity to the theater and complimentary shuttle comes in handy when visiting for a ballet/play. Please keep us in mind when you return to Downtown Houston.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Location is great. Nothing necessarily wrong with the Doubletree. Staff and room were average. Although, our room was a corner room surrounded by windows, which left the room extremely hot in the summer afternoon/early evening (A/C could not keep up). Also, you can stay a couple blocks away for less, at hotels that have nicer amenities, newer interior, and complimentary breakfast.

1  Thank Charlie F

We would like to thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We apologize that we didn't meet your expectations and will take into consideration of our amenities that we have to offer as it relates to the near hotels.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Exceptional hotel; however, feeling of un-safe during late dinner. Vagrant somehow entered dinning area and ask for money from dining guest. Additional staffing during dinner time would help into securing the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We would like to thank you sharing your recent experience with us. We apologize that you experience an un-safe dining experience. This is not the norm at our hotel. We have shared your experience with our Director of Security and met with our Outlets team to ensure if any vagrants are in the hotel, we are to immediately react and contact Security.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

The customer service was horrible; the hotel staff is much too relaxed and just unprofessional; they were extremely loud having personal conversations loud enough for the guest to hear; when we checked in the keys to our room was sitting out due to a really late check-in, so I called and had them check me in; when we got there at almost 4am they were conducting a night audit and so we had to wait 20 minutes for no reason considering that we had already pre-checked and the guy that checked me in over the phone apparently did not communicate this to the night staff; total disarray. In addition, the hallway leading all the way to our room smelt of urine. it was so strong I felt that I was going to take ill.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Monsherra O
Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We do apologize of your check in experience and assure you this is not the norm. I have shared your feedback with our staff to ensure we are conducting ourselves in a professional matter at all times. Again, we appreciate your feedback and I am addressing your experience with my team.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here for a Microsoft convention recently, not by choice but because I wanted the conference rate & a Hilton property for the points (still about $200 per night). The hotel is 9 blocks from the convention center and Minute Maid Park and has a clean lobby and bar area. The staff were nice and elevators fast. The room I had, 1816, was on one of the HHonors floors - now I'm not sure what that means but it was quiet. I did receive breakfast vouchers because of my Gold status, but it's normally a charge and I'm not sure the Wifi is free either. The vanity and shower are in the same room, which is just an inconvenience for me since the mirror steams up and it's hard to dry my hair. I was able to run the room fan to create a white noise to help me sleep at night. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were all the same and not a variety of sizes like some.

All in all it was average, next time I would choose something a bit closer to the activities of the conference.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. As you mentioned you are a Gold HHonors Members so the upgrade to the HHonors floor and breakfast is all a part of being a loyal HHonors Member. I know you would like to be closer to the convention center however, keep us in mind if you do return to Houston Downtown. We can send you in our complimentary shuttle!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I called the day of check in and was able to get both a mini-fridge and microwave right away. Check in/out is easy and quick. Roomservice is good for the price but there is food everyone Downtown. They only have Valet Parking and its not included in the room price, I think its $18-$20 a night.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the complimentary amenities for your guest room. Please keep us in mind if travel takes you back to Houston Downtown.