“Great Hotel”

Ranked #97 of 517 Hotels in Houston
United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Nice and clean hotel would stay again. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The amenities could be a little better. The pool & spa was down the street at the other Hilton hotel would have loved it to be right there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad that you had a great stay and the staff met your expectations. Please keep us in mind if travel takes you back to Houston Downtown.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Turkish first
Houston Downtown, United States
Reviewed 28 June 2014

i enjoyed my stay, room was spacoius and well kept. personnel were friendly and helpfull. Hilton Worldwide wishes to advise that we will not contact you by telephone, text message or e-mail to ask for your confidential personal information, credit card details or HHonors account login information for "problems" with upcoming stays or your account. Anyone who receives this type of request should not respond to it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us.
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

One of the worst double trees I've stayed in. Rooms were noisy. No parking other than valet, which is $30 a day. The valet damaged out car scratching the paint off of our front bumper. Wouldn't admit it or fix it. Management was useless regarding the situation. Someone even marked on our tag that the car had damage when we checked in, which it did not. Completely dishonest. Take pictures of your car and the tag they put on your car before checking your car in here..you may be safer in public parking.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Melissa O
Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
I truly apologize that you experience this with our valet staff. Please e-mail me at toya.berry@hilton.com so we can try our best to resolve. Thank you.
Lake Worth, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Being a DoubleTree, I thought the rooms would be much better. The shower came out and slightly more than a trickle, the room design was very odd and the light switches in the room had to be from the 1930's.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am sad to hear we didn't meet your expectations. From the description that you have shared of your room, you were placed in one of our corner rooms. If you decide to give us a second chance, please let the front desk know your preference so your next experience can be joyable.
Houston, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

everything was wonderful, clean , friendly, great food. I would travel here again. work, play anytime. A+++ Houston is a wonderful town!!! everything was wonderful, clean , friendly, great food. I would travel here again. work, play anytime. A+++ Houston is a wonderful town!!!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We hope you keep us in mind if travel take you back to Houston Downtown!
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I will stay at this hotel again because the service and food were excellent and the location is perfect for me. Unfortunately the hall did not smell pleasant and the room TV, Phone, Lamps were not working well. I would like to see some attention to the room comforts that is the only thing that would not have made this a perfect stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad to hear the service of our staff met your expectations. However, would you mind sharing with me additonal information on your room assignment on your stay? I have shared with our Director of Housekeeping of the cleanliness and we would like to know the room number to address the listed issues. My e-mail address is toya.berry@hilton.com. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel staff was unpleasant. Rooms were average. Lobby was nice but then you get upstairs. My shower had yellow water when I first turned it on. Housekeeping was a joke and my tub had residue on it as well as mold on shower curtain. The blonde at the front desk had a nasty attitude and of all the staff the only person I encountered that seemed to care was this adorable lobby cleaning lady. Not what I expect to experience at a Hilton.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank MelCal
Toya B, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Houston Downtown, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I assure this is not the norm from our staff. You mentioned the experience of your restroom in your guest room. Would you mind e-mailing me your room number? I will have our Director of Housekeeping to inspect. Thank you again and I apologize that your stay with us didn't meet your expectations. My e-mail address: toya.berry@hilton.com.