“Will definitely stay here again”

Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria
Ranked #70 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 6 June 2014

In town visiting family & friends picked this hotel, honestly, because of how close it was to the Galleria shopping center. Was greeted by a very friendly staff upon arriving, last night there we ordered dinner in the room and it arrived quickly and was quite tasty. Hotel is prettier than pics on line. :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Hilton_Post_Oak, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

We are glad that you chose our hotel for your recent stay and appreciate the kind words you shared about our friendly staff. We just completed a photoshoot so look for some new pictures on-line soon. Thanks again! Cindy

Reviewed 5 June 2014

There was a GIANT flying roach in our room and no one was bothered by this. No one apoligized. We had to stay in a smaller room. A terrible experiance! I got the feeling that this happens all the time because the staff did not seem surprised. I was shocked and dissapointed by the way it was handled. I would not stay here again and will probably not stay in a Hilton again because of the way it was handled

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Rylan G

We greatly apologize for the unnecessary frustrations you experienced. Our goal is to meet and exceed every guests' expectations and we are terribly sorry we failed to do so on your visit. We would love the chance to further discuss your stay. Please feel free to reach out to us at your earliest convenience.
Thanks

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Am a hilton diamond but unfortunately the washroom in my upgraded room had some sort of leak from the sink faucet and I think the toilet (wet floor around the toilet for no apparent reason?). Good location, breakfast not bad, but needs an overall refresh...coffee maker in the rooms are hit and miss operational. Yes, I should've said something to management, but short stay and fighting the jet lag from Singapore made me not bother... Service overall was great -- can't beat southern hospitality!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are very important to our staff. I wanted to personally apologize for your experience that you had while staying with us. I have forwarded this review to all the managers regarding all of the issues you mentioned. I would like you to come back so we can show you that we can make it right. If you have any further comments or questions please do not hesitate on contacting me via e-mail or by phone.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We arrived at the Hilton after driving 3 hours from San Antonio so were tired to say the least! I was unsure of the parking situation and whether I had to pay which wasted a bit of time when checking in but the helpful reception staff sorted that out for me.
The hotel is lovely inside, great decor and modern furnishings. As a diamond member they made sure I was upgraded, and the suite was lovely with gorgeous views over Houston. The location is ideal for tourists, being close to the major attractions of Houston and good transport links.

The reason that this hotel doesn't get 5 stars is that the breakfast was significantly lacking and a lot worse than other Hilton's I have stayed at. In addition, I'm not sure whether this is normal in Hilton's in the US but the alcohol in the Executive Lounge was not free, as it is with all other Hiltons in the UK and Europe that I have stayed in. It's disappointing as that's what usually makes staying in a Hilton worthwhile and cost effective.

Overall, a nice hotel which I would return to.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I spent a few days at this hotel for a conference in May 2014. Overall, it was an okay experience. The fact that they have a Starbucks in the hotel was a huge plus. On the downside, the garage parking was a nightmare when the conference ended each day - the garage clerk was anything but speedy in getting people out of the place. The City of Houston has a lot better to offer than this venue for a conference.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LonelyCruiser
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My wife and I wanted to get a mini vacation and we spent two weekend nights at the Post Oak Hilton. The staff was helpful in all aspects from checking in to answering questions about things to do. Many excellent restaurants within walking distance and the Galleria Mall is only 3 blocks away down Post Oak Blvd. the executive lounge was well stocked and he buffet breakfast was outstanding.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

We are so glad that you enjoyed your weekend get-a-away and that you shared this review on Trip Advisor. This area has the BEST shopping and dining options - a perfect weekend get-a-away spot! Hope to see you again soon.
Thanks,
Cindy

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Guest room doors do nothing to disipate hallway sounds. Even whispers in hallway reverbrate throughout nearby rooms. Door closing in nearby rooms sound like a bass drum, ALL NIGHT long. The only remedy was for us to have to change rooms at 3:30 in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike S

We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.
I am sorry for the experience you had and I have shared your comments with our management team. We strive to provide guests with a friendly, comfortable and quiet environment so they can enjoy their stay at our hotel. We apologize that you did not experience this. We hope you will give us another chance...
Thanks, Cindy