“Wow-Hilton Must Have Missed the SOS here !”

Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria
Ranked #69 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wow-Hilton Must Have Missed the SOS here !”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I'm a frequent Hilton guest, as in 2 nights/week every week, and while I think overall they do a great job with keeping their properties fresh this one is a disaster. From the frayed carpets to the odd smells in the hallways to to the extremely dated rooms I'd urge you to find another Hilton in the Houston area (lots to choose from, all much better...). Icing on the cake to my nasty experience was that they put me in a room next to the pool on the second floor-my penance for checking in at 830pm, worst room in the hotel. And I'm a frequent chain guest ! Steer WELL clear of this one.

Room Tip: Look for somewhere else-there are abundant options. At least stay away from the second floor!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank James D
Hilton_Post_Oak, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I would like to apologize for your recent stay with us. I have forwarded these comments to our staff. Thank you again and hope to see you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Seattle, Wa
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

A number of our office staff stayed here while out of town in June. Arriving Monday night we decided to have dinner at the Hotel at about 9 pm. The hotel web site showed its restaurant as open until 10 pm. Not.

Fortunately there were a number of good restaurants close by and we ended up at the Pancake Factory just a few minutes away by car.

The first night was a bit warm as the air conditioning in the hotel was ailing. Fixed the next night which was a relief! Room was large and comfortable for a hotel room and the WiFi was complimentary when I had expected a 10.95 daily charge.

All in all not a bad stay. Nice location, plenty of restaurants and shopping close by. Staff are pleasant. Would have rated high except for the air conditioning problem and the closed restaurant. I would, however, stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
North East England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We stayed here for a couple of nights in late may and were surprised to see how far things had slipped since our last visit several years ago.
First the positives, the hotel staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. The valet parking was good, prompt service with no waiting. The location is great, close enough to the Galleria and some good eating places.
Now for the negatives, the executive lounge was very shabby, very dirty upholstery to some of the chairs to the extent that one would not want to sit in them. Food on the floor and coffee in paper cups. The rooms and furniture are looking tired and in need of some refreshing. Although the bar is ok, this is the only place to eat in the hotel in the evening.

Come on Hilton, you can do better than this, the customers and staff deserve better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BPearce_UK
Hilton_Post_Oak, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our friendly hospitable staff! I am also happy to share that we are currently building a new restaurant that will be opening in the next two weeks. We renovated our Lobby and public areas last November and after the restaurant is complete we are moving on to the guest rooms (and the Executive Lounge). We hope to see you back soon to show you what we have done!
Cindy
Ohio City, Ohio
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I was here on a business trip for two nights in June . Stayed on the 13th floor. I liked the view ! The room was very clean and spacious . The staff were nice and helpful. The bar was decent the bar tenders are so cool . The executive lounge complimentary breakfast decent . The location is great ! Close to the galleria shopping mall-walking distance and there lots of other shops and food spots in the area. The only down side for me was waiting for paper work to be sorted before I was finally checked in, still did not put a damper on my stay here. I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: I think the hotel has great views of the city from any wing . The hotel offers complimentary drop of...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Austin, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2014

In town visiting family & friends picked this hotel, honestly, because of how close it was to the Galleria shopping center. Was greeted by a very friendly staff upon arriving, last night there we ordered dinner in the room and it arrived quickly and was quite tasty. Hotel is prettier than pics on line. :)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hilton_Post_Oak, Director of Sales at Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
We are glad that you chose our hotel for your recent stay and appreciate the kind words you shared about our friendly staff. We just completed a photoshoot so look for some new pictures on-line soon. Thanks again! Cindy
Dallas, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2014

There was a GIANT flying roach in our room and no one was bothered by this. No one apoligized. We had to stay in a smaller room. A terrible experiance! I got the feeling that this happens all the time because the staff did not seem surprised. I was shocked and dissapointed by the way it was handled. I would not stay here again and will probably not stay in a Hilton again because of the way it was handled

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Rylan G
We greatly apologize for the unnecessary frustrations you experienced. Our goal is to meet and exceed every guests' expectations and we are terribly sorry we failed to do so on your visit. We would love the chance to further discuss your stay. Please feel free to reach out to us at your earliest convenience.
Thanks
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Am a hilton diamond but unfortunately the washroom in my upgraded room had some sort of leak from the sink faucet and I think the toilet (wet floor around the toilet for no apparent reason?). Good location, breakfast not bad, but needs an overall refresh...coffee maker in the rooms are hit and miss operational. Yes, I should've said something to management, but short stay and fighting the jet lag from Singapore made me not bother... Service overall was great -- can't beat southern hospitality!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for writing a review on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests are very important to our staff. I wanted to personally apologize for your experience that you had while staying with us. I have forwarded this review to all the managers regarding all of the issues you mentioned. I would like you to come back so we can show you that we can make it right. If you have any further comments or questions please do not hesitate on contacting me via e-mail or by phone.