“Comfortable, easy location”

Ranked #70 of 504 Hotels in Houston
Dallas, Texas
“Comfortable, easy location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Good for business travel or proximity to the Galleria. I stayed on a Friday night and brought earplugs after reading the reviews about the noise. Overall, the experience was nice, quiet and relaxing. Stayed on the 14th floor - which may have helped. Room was nice and clean, staff was friendly. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor. Proximity to the elevators didn't matter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel as part of a large wedding party. I unfortunately had booked the wrong date for my stay, and while the hotel could not refund the night, the staff I spoke to at check-in (Tamara?) was very friendly and willing to help us work through the situation.

This is the only hotel I've been to where they were willing to give you a 'take-out' box for the hotel buffet for those who were not able to sit down to breakfast. Even though the staff there were dealing with the hordes of visitors during that weekend, the service was still strong.

The pool is a little small and not that nice, and the gym is also a little small (but adequate). I think that this is a small price to pay for what I consider to be very good service with decent value.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dallas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

What a great hotel! We really enjoyed our stay here. We were supposed to go to Galveston for the night, however, 45south was shut down, so we never made it. My husband had a conference here starting the day, and we were able to get a room one day early. Upon arrival, the front desk was courteous and quick. I asked for a top floor if available, and they accommodated our request. Once I got into the room, I called the front desk to see if my husband could continue to stay in the same room since the conference was under a different registration. Jessica immediately answered the phone and said that it was no problem! That made the stay very convenient for my husband! We loved the bar! Gustavo our bartender, was so much fun and definitely has the "perfect margarita!" He was very attentive. We asked if the hotel had chips and salsa as an appetizer (wasn't on the menu) and he made it happen for us! Beautiful hotel and wonderful service-would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Layton, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The location is fantastic, near the Galleria mall and within walking distance to a little grocery store. The Hilton was underwhelming. The rooms were big and clean and they each have a balcony with a nice view. The lower floors (coworker was on the 4th floor) have a lot of road noise, I was on the 7th and it was very quiet and I couldn't hear my neighbors. The staff and information provided in the room were unreliable. The guest services book says they serve breakfast, they don't, it says they have a gift shop, they don't. The front desk staff never gave me a map and the signs are unclear so I had to ask where the bar was, the ballroom, and the vending machines. The front desk staff told me the machines were on the 2nd floor, they weren't. The next day I went back up and asked about vending and was told they have no vending machines at all. So it is a lot of misinformation. They lobby and rooms are nice and cool. They front desk staff were friendly and professional (but not always accurate). The cleaning staff did an okay job but just threw the do not disturb cards on the ground and left a few lights on all day after they cleaned.

Room Tip: Go higher floors to avoid road noise and the rooms ending in 8-12 are closest to the road. Ballroom...
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a great hotel if you like sitting poolside and relaxing. Rooms have balconies which is a bonus. The lounge is open everyday. Nice shopping, restaurants, nightlife nearby. Good service at the hotel. Could use more staff at the front desk to make check in/out more efficient. A shame the pool bar isn't staffed and functioning. Would have liked ordering foods and drinks without a $3 fee.

Room Tip: Request upgrades. Don't let them stick you to a reassigned room if it's not ready and other...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Portland, Oregon, USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel due to a training session at the same property. People are definitely friendly and accommodating. But, that isn't enough. Hotel must cater to loud rude people, because the hallways are ridiculously loud.
In addition, the deadbolt in my room was "iffy". Meaning if I jiggled it around I could possibly get it to kind of seat. Not good.
This is a low quality hotel masquerading as a higher end Hilton. Do not be confused. Again, people nice. Property not so much.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the elevators as possible. Rooms have a fair amount of "buildi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hilton_Post_Oak, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Houston Post Oak by the Galleria, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.
Tulsa, OK, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Even though this trip was just an overnite stay this time, I always stay at this hotel when in Houston because of it's location to everything and it's always a good experience. The rooms are always clean and quite and the staff are alwys very attentive.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts