“STAY AWAY! Don't waste your money on this Four Seasons”

Four Seasons Hotel Houston
Ranked #18 of 506 Hotels in Houston
New York City, New York
“STAY AWAY! Don't waste your money on this Four Seasons”
Reviewed 27 October 2010

This is the worst Four Seasons I've stayed at. The property is old & needs some major update. Ironically the front desk told us that the lobby & carpet were just renovated. The lobby decor is very retro & 60s-70s looking, the ceiling is very low hence gives a depressing feel. The rooms are OK & decor & furniture show signs of age; bathroom counter is also very low. They have 1 floor that's smoking rooms & I was given the last avaiable king room that's a smoking room without being informed. The clerk couldn't bother telling me, "Oh by the way, it's a smoking room." So the entire night I couldn't sleep & choked on the irritating smoke that came through the vents. My colleague's room, while not a smoking room, was with moldy smell. Very disappointing staff, very disappointing property. So save your money & go elsewhere. For the amount of $ you pay for a Four Seasons, you would be much better pampered elsewhere, at least treated with respect. I was travelling for business & arrived late & all I wanted was a good night of sleep, because I had meetings lined up one after another the next day. I don't think it was too much to ask for from any hotel - just one good night of sleep.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank elzny

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 October 2010

This was my first (and last) stay at a Four Seasons Hotel. Pros - the hotel was generally nice, check-in good, the room was large, they provided a luxury courtesy car for downtown travel, workout facility and valet parking was efficient. Cons - pillows smelled of smoke, insufficient towels/washcloths (had to call housekeeping twice during our 3 nite stay), room service VERY expensive. Three bowls of oatmeal, toast, 3 strips of bacon and pot of coffee was $86 - clearly over the top. The room was noisy, as there was a big gap underneath the door, and I could clearly hear anyone talking out in the hall way. The hotel only offered valet parking (which was fine)....until I picked up the car at the end of my stay and the back end was dented and the tail light cracked. The hotel refuses to accept responsibilty. Would not recommend this hotel for any travelers. There are much better values within the immediate area of downtown Houston. For "upscale", lodging, this hotel is hit and miss.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
4 Thank CbinBigD
California
Reviewed 28 August 2010

My friend and I were in Houston for business and we loved our stay at the Four Seasons Hotel! The customer service is excellent!

We stayed in a Superior Room with two twin beds. There's a desk with two chairs, a sofa chair, and side table, a night stand, and a dresser of drawers. There's a mini refrigerator filled with food & drinks at an extra charge. No coffee maker. Wi-fi internet is $12.99 per 24 hours. The bathroom has L'Occitane toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion, and soap. There's a blowdryer, ironing board, and iron to use.

The best part of the hotel room is the amazing beds, and of course, you get your own bathrobe and slippers to lounge around in. We also found that the room service food was very good!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Texas
Reviewed 1 August 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful stay at The Four Seasons Houston. The service was first class and the amenities were endless. We will be back here soon!!! Try the chocolate truffle martini. It was so yummy!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pdcbride09
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 24 July 2010

I went to pick up a puppy in Houston and stayed at the Four Seasons. When I merely mentioned the puppy they immediately had pet bowls with dog food, bottled water and much more waiting in the room for the puppy. When I mentioned my 10 yr old son might be there...they sent up gifts for him! BEST SERVICE and CLEANEST hotel I have ever been to, hands down. When they knew I wasn't feeling well, they sent up complimentary DVD's and ROOM SERVICE (chicken noodle soup, hot tea, honey, biscotti and a hand written card saying they hoped I felt better). I asked for a small refrigerator with lots of bottled water...it was in the room, no charge. Not enough room in this review to list everything, but hotel & room were IMMACULATE. Had best drink EVER there....a lemon basil mojito ($14 pricey, but worth it). Every single employee was extremely friendly, no pretentiousness here! I stayed in the superior room , was awesome. Loved the L'Occitanne bath products! GREAT rates on the weekends (weekdays are pricey). If staying 2 nights on the weekend, this hotel is less expensive then even the mediocre hotels in Houston. Can't say enough good things about the Four Seasons Houston!

Stayed July 2010, travelled solo
Woodville, Texas
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We've been staying at this location for many years now for weekend getaways with our family. We stayed the weekend of July 4th with our teenage daughter and dog. The staff was friendly and helpful and so welcoming. We were given a "doggie package" with food and water, and a kid package with a soda, cookies, and a stuffed horse.

There is a dog park less than 2 blocks away and wonderful dining as we were in downtown Houston. The hotel offers complimentary car service and Victor is personable and knowledgable about all downtown locations.

We had brunch on Sunday at Quattro - pricey at $50.00 per person but wonderful. A treat we were looking forward to again.

This hotel can be very affordable with the stay longer package where the 2nd night is free. We upgraded to an executive suite for an extra $50.00 total and had more than enough room for all of us.

We will come back!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank AmyRenee13
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2010

I have just returned from a stay at this hotel. The room was very comfortable, it's right down the street from the convention center, and the food is good. What really impressed me was the quality of the housekeeping. I unpacked my bags and left some items on the bathroom counter and then left the room for about two hours. When I returned, all my items were neatly organized and remained so for the rest of my stay. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business