“Comfortable rooms, great food”

Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport
Ranked #337 of 510 Hotels in Houston
Ankeny, Iowa
“Comfortable rooms, great food”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I felt comfortable in this hotel. The rooms are large and while some may feel they are dated, they meet all the necessities. The lounge/restaurant was a bit Spartan in decoration, but the food was excellent -- pasta was just outstanding, and a colleague had a steak sandwich that he said he would come back for regularly, if he lived in Houston! There is a large outdoor pool and hot tub. It is very close to Hobby Airport, which can be good if you have an early flight to catch, but certainly can mean more noise from aircraft. It is also on a very busy street, so I would suggest asking for a room away from Airport Boulevard. Excellent staff.

Room Tip: Away from Airport Boulevard. Ask for room facing the pool/courtyard.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear On_The_Road 29360,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a pleasant review about your most recent stay with us!!! We agree that our culinary associates do prepare great tasting food that is pleasing to most anyone's palette!! We were pleased to hear that our location being in close proximity to the Hobby Airport is most convenient for our traveling guest and yes, our pool side rooms tend to be more quiet from the outside aircraft noise. Your kind comments will be shared with our team. We would like to invite you to return as our guest anytime you may find yourself in the Houston Hobby area!! Until then, wishing you many safe travels from all of us here at the Houston Hobby Holiday Inn!!
Warmest Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

I stay in a lot of hotels and feel that this hotel is just plain old. Hallways are narrow and felt creapy and narrow. Pillows were good but room just felt old. The furniture seemed older, but the room was well maintained. There were a bunch of guys just hanging out in the lobby. This also made me nervous.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Davis_Family_of_8,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. We are an older property and would like to offer you our sincere apologies as it appears we did not meet your expectations. We would like the opportunity to be your host again the next time your in the Houston Hobby area with the intentions of providing you with excellent customer service with the hopes that this may supercede the age of our property. If I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Warmest Wishes,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I flew in to Houston Hobby Airport from Oklahoma City and this hotel was close by. I chose it because I had stayed at a Holiday Inn in OKC and was impressed.

The front desk staff could have been a little more friendly and welcoming but they quickly got me checked in.

The room was big and comfortable and clean. There was some aircraft noise being so close to the airport but it didn't bother me.

I ordered room service in the evening which was delivered quickly and was tasty.

I needed to a drug storm to get some passport photos and the hotel's driver took me in the airport shuttle which was really helpful.

It wasn't as good as the Holiday Inn I stayed at in Oklahoma City but I'd have no trouble staying there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear owentonks,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. Any feedback offered by our guests is valued as this allows us to see how we are doing in providing the best guest experience our hospitality has to offer. I would like to offer you my sincere apology for any issues you may have experienced with any of our front desk associates and if you would like to contact me directly to elaborate more on your experience as I would be very interested in obtaining more specific information. I was thrilled to hear that you felt all other aspects of your stay met your expectations. I trust that you will return as our guest the next time you may find yourself in the Houston Hobby area!!
Flower Mound, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I recently stayed here while traveling on business. My company uses this location due to its pre-negotiated rate.

This property is old but has been renovated. It is located in a "not-so-nice" neighborhood but it's close proximity to Hobby Airport seems to help it maintain a largely "business" clientele.

The staff were neither overly-friendly nor overly-rude. I arrived around 11 AM and could not check-in because the rooms were not ready yet. That wasn't a big deal as I arrived early.

On my previous visits, the rooms have a musty odor. Houston is a very humid city so that may be a characteristic of hotels in that region. Although the furniture is newer and the amenities are contemporary, the layout and infrastructure is dated. The wi-fi is very slow. The A/C worked and kept the room cool but was very loud. The walls and ceiling had some water spots on them. Overall, the room was clean.

The hotel is located at the intersection of two busy streets so there is a lot of "road noise". I'm a heavy-sleeper so it did not bother me once I fell asleep.

There are no "safe" eating locations nearby. Again, this property is located in a rather "unsavory" part of town. You'd need to travel by car about 15 minutes during off-peak times (at least 30 minutes during peak times) north or south to find any nice "sit down" restaurants.

Parking was somewhat of an issue here. Most of the spots out front are labeled as handicapped. There is a parking garage at this location but it is old with narrow parking stalls and very low ceilings. There is a security guard on location in the evening.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear rjtoc2,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your review of your recent experience at our property. This feedback is very helpful to us as we establish our best path to providing successful guest satisfaction.

We are so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regret our hotel did not live up to your expectations in some aspects of your stay. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, we want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team to review and make necessary improvements accordingly

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Enid, OK
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Unccoperative, rude, combative desk staff.
Poorly cleaned - if at all - rooms.
A dismatled shower head.
Purposely misleading rates / reservations.
Completely useless restaurant.
Musty, stale, oppressive rooms.

From the check-in experience to my glad departure; all I could think of was leaving.
I will not return.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear JT,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. I would like to apologize as we strongly promote guest service excellence within our team and we clearly fell short of meeting this during your stay. Your comments are taken seriously and I assure you that issues you have identified have been a focus of ours to implement plans of correction. I hope that in the future you may give us the opportunity to be your host with the intentions of providing you with the true guest experience that is strongly emphasized within our team.
Best Regards,
Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We arrived at the hotel at 1130pm to find that our reservation for 2 queen beds was actually a room with one king size bed and there were no other rooms available with 2 beds. The desk did give us a 20% discount for the inconvenience but why make a reservation if they don't give you what you reserved?? They had a good shuttle service from the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Terri D
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Terri D,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your most recent stay with us. We would also like to offer you our sincere apology for issues you experienced with your reservations and we appreciate your feedback so that we may look further into what may have happened. We were glad to hear that you were offered some type of compensation for the inconvenience this had caused. We hope that you will return to be our guest the next time your travel plans bring you back to the Houston Hobby area with the intentions of providing you with the true guest experience that we strongly promote within our team.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 March 2014

My schedule for my job changes all the time and every time I called to make the changes, the Front Desk personnel are so nice and accommodating at this hotel, everyone, especially Demitri. He is SO patient and very pleasant to speak with. I had my reservation booked, cancelled, and had to rebooked again and Demitri did the changes with a smile. Thank you!!! 5 stars for the staff here!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Antonia W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Houston Hobby Airport, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Dear van n,
We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us!! We were thrilled to hear that you find our front desk associates to be nice and accommodating as guest service excellence is something we strongly promote within our team. We enjoyed reading your pleasant comments about Demetri and assure you that your comments will be shared with him. We invite you to return as our guest anytime you find yourself in the Houston Hobby area!!
Warmest Regards,