“Bad for business trips”

Ranked #67 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Calgary, Canada
“Bad for business trips”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I've been there for a couple of business trips now. I'll try not to go back. Sure, the rooms are fine. The maid service is good.

The cost is absurdly high for what you get, especially when you consider the service. No breakfast included despite paying $200 per night. So you pay $17 for a mediocre buffet. Then there's the useless front desk staff. One answer in the evening, a different answer in the morning. That credit card in your name that they need "for incidentals"? Yeah, they're going to charge the full price of the stay to it, and claim (when you check out, contrary to what they told you when you checked in) that they don't have an authorization for the actual credit card that it should be charged to. Want to check out early? They'll probably tell you that you can't do it, because "you have to do it through your travel agent". Then when you tell them to actually look at your file, they'll see that your travel agent didn't pay them for the room, you did. So then they will charge you $50 for the honour of checking out early. And no, they won't charge it correctly to your credit card.

The room we booked said it had a mini fridge, the ones we got didn't.

All around a bad experience.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManager46501, General Manager at Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for providing this feedback from your recent stay!

I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations from a value standpoint.

We do have rates available that include breakfast as well as refrigerators and microwaves that can be purchased in advance or even upon arrival at the desk.

I would be happy to personally make your next reservation if you would like to contact me directly.

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you!

Warm regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Ville Platte
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Service was great, room very nice. The only thing I find is the food is way over price. 15 dollars for a hamburger and 40 dollars for a steak is a bit much.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for sharing this feeback from your recent stay!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room and our service so much!

We are sorry to hear that you felt our food prices were too high. We have since lowered the price of our Ribeye to $35 despite the major increase in beef pricing that we are all experiencing these days.

We look forward to our next opportunity to serve you in the near future!

Moss Point, Mississippi
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This pains me, but I chose to write this review over the pitiful offer of compensation for my troubles (which I chose not to receive). I check in and everything looks decent. There has been a recent renovation, but they didn't remove all of the old residents in the process.

I throw my bags on the bed and go the the rest room. I'm sitting there and a roach meanders the base board. I video it (link:

copy/paste to view) So, I got the feeling that I'm not staying in a very clean place and took this video

As if that wasn't enough, the following morning I saw further evidence and took this video. Now I was picky at this point, but who can blame me...

I stayed for the rest of the 6 days I had prepaid for the hotel, but was not comfortable after my initial experience. Things did get better, but still there was something missed or forgotten every day of the stay.

In addition I visited the fitness center, where the televisions wouldn't work. You know how it is. Everything can't be perfect all the time, but there is a higher level of expectation with
a Wyndham which this hotel definitely doesn't meet. I moved to another hotel for the extension to my stay and am much more comfortable knowing I probably won't have roaches to share my room with.

2 Thank Jeffrey_Browning
GeneralManager46501, General Manager at Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for your input -- we appreciate your feedback!

We spoke personally several times during your visit and I am disappointed to hear that you were not fully content with your experience at our property, especially after the praise you had given ouyr team for their efforts after expressing your initial concerns.

As you and our other TripAdvisor viewers see, most of our reviews after our renovation have been highly complimentary and positive and it is rare that a guest leaves dissatisfied. I personally inspect our property daily for cleanliness, service levels, technology and more and I assure you that your experience was the first of its kind and not the typical guest experience.

We do apologize for any inconvenience you had and hope that you try us again in the future as I am confident that we will exceed your expectations.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My room was neat and clean upon arrival. I met the housekeeping staff the next day, Ms. Lillie, who went above and beyond her call of duty. My tub didn't drain properly and instead of simply "telling" me to call maintenance...Ms. Lillie called maintenance herself. She then proceeded to clean the room with a great attitude and in the spirit of EXCELLENCE. Thank you, Ms. Lillie and Wyndham, for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManager46501, General Manager at Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you for posting this amazing 5 Star Review from your recent experience!

We are delighted to hear that your stay went so well!

We always enjoy hearing about our associates who go above and beyond the call of duty so we really appreciate your acknowledgement of Lillie!! She is one of our long term associates who does a great job for us and we will be sure to recognize her for her efforts!

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Inverness Florida
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Last minute stay - great hotel, beautiful rooms, easy check in. Very clean and very beautiful hotel.

Wish the outside was more well lit at night and the air conditioning was not cold enough. They did send maintenance right away to check it and it seemed to be working okay, but the room was warmish. A very nice hotel to stay at and got it for $59 per night on Hotwire.

Beds were very comfortable, but beds are doubles and not queens.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing this feedback from your recent stay!

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and apologize for the brief inconvenience of your air conditioning.

We are also delighted to hear that you enjoyed our new bedding package so much as these are getting rave reviews!!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor in the near future!

Portland, Texas
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hotel and staff were fabulous. Hotel clean and since I knew the pool was there it was good, you could smell the chlorine but it was not overpowering. The managers were Awesome!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

GeneralManager46501, General Manager at Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for sharing this feedback from your recent stay!

We are glad your shopping trip was a success and that we played a part in that!

We always appreciate hearing how accommodating and friendly our team is so Thank You for acknowledging them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Wyndham Houston West Energy Corridor on your next visit to Houston!