“Older hotel - has improved since recent bad reviews”

Americas Best Value Inn I-45 North Houston
Ranked #454 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 7 November 2011

we were also stuck here due to airline hassles. staff very nice - even cooked breakfast after cut-off time. rooms and hotel are old - slight musty smell still. bedding clean and no bugs noted. think they may have improved after recent bad reviews. I'd recommend as inexpensive lay-over option.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 30 October 2011

If your stuck on a lay over in Houston stay someone else!! The rooms are dirty, needs updating and bug infested. The food is just off and on the verge of going bad. We got sick!! There is a reason the rooms are so darn cheap!! Stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed: November 2010
3  Thank yourwebgal
Reviewed 14 April 2011

This hotel is a health risk.
We were a party of 30+ guests. 2 members of our party were unable to check in since they were advised their rooms were still in the process of being fumigated.

When I turned the light on in my bathroom, insects ran for cover in the bath tub.
The bedsheets were worn and contained pubic hairs, where clearly the sheets had no been changed.
The pillow cases had stains. The telephone was ancient, which I could accept if it were functional, but keys were missing from it, so completely useless.
The air conditioning unit was so loud, you either kept it off, or suffered the warmth.

Breakfast was useless. There was nothing edible and the coffee was coloured water.

If it were possible to rate the hotel a minus that would be a fair review.
See photos.

The pool area was almost laughable, it looked like a set from a horror film.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank ItalGrecoLon
Reviewed 25 March 2011

We has to stay here due to issues with our airline for our connecting flight. The only positive thing I can say is that it was free and that the shuttle to IAH was prompt. We had two rooms..one room was dirty with trash remaining from the previous occupant. The other room had a faulty air-co/heater unit that I had to turn off multiple times throughout the night because I was worried about it over-heating! The toilets were very slow to flush making us wonder if they were clogged. The lobby was nice and clean but the hallways to the rooms were old and filthy looking. The area is questionable as one of our rooms had a broken latch for the lock, which we had to call maintenance to fix as we were worried for our safety. Never again will we stay here.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 4our3girls
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Rooms were just okay. I requested a room with a balcony but you could not sit on them, standing room only. Sink drain was broken. AC was way too loud and didn't work properly, but I didn't know that until after my son was asleep, so I did nothing about it except open the door because it was cool out. Looks real nice when you walk in but rooms are average.
Outside pool area needs work, pool was not working when I was there. No hot tub.
Advertised they had happy hour, but there wasn't one. In fact, it stated it was 4:30-7:30 but I started going upstairs to it (at 5:30) and the bartender said "oh ...not open yet...give me 15 minutes" Didn't have the breakfast, early flight. So, I'd stay again to lay my head but wouldn't recommend a long stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2011

We have stayed at Ramada hotels before so didn't expect any less this time. Room was big, with a comfy bed. There was no fridge/microwave in the room, but I know you can request those for an additional cost. Bathroom was quite small but shower was ok. Free wifi, which unfortunately didn't work in our room, no matter where I stood. Reception re-set the router but it didn't help, so we've used the computers in their 'Business Centre' (there is a printer there too). Was a bit disappointed with the breakfast, which was quite poor. I guess not many people were staying that night and they didn't bother (toast, muffin, cereal, coffee), or we came too late (8am) and everything had been eaten (breakfast served until 9am). Parking is outside of the rooms. There is a fitness room in this hotel, but I wouldn't get too excited!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2011

This hotel is not located in a safe area. The day I checked in, they changed my room three times. The heating system was antiquated and did not work properly. I was told by the on-site maintenance worker that it would be the same in every room because it was so cold outside...The last room they moved me into had a terrible ant problem around the bathroom and vanity area. When I called to report the problem I was told in frustration that I would not be moved again, they would see what they could do for me. The same on-site worker showed up with a gallon of bug spray – he sprayed liquid all over the room leaving it on the bathroom floor and all around the sink area. He sprayed the room while I was there because they refused to move me and the fumes were SO STRONG. There was no service recovery, apology or attempt to make any of these wrongs right. This was an awful experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo