“Best hotel in houston with great location and staff.”

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Ranked #66 of 506 Hotels in Houston
“Best hotel in houston with great location and staff.”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I stay here quiet often. I love this hotel so much thst I am using it for my out of town guests for my upcoming wedding in may. We are having our reception here. The staff is great and friendly. Jon and mandy are always there to help with anything we need. I recommend the crowne plaza for business and pleasure.

• Stayed March 2013
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 4 April 2013
Hello juswag,
Thank you so much your review and recommendation! We are delighted to hear that you love our hotel, staff & services. It is so nice to hear that you are referring your friends and family to stay with us for such a special occasion! We appreciate your business and look forward to sharing such a special day with you.
Debbie Hollier

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Well taken care of hotel. Often stay here on business. Rooms clean and what you would expect from the Crowne Plaza, but do not plan on getting any business completed with the poor internet performance provided. Been here numerous times and same story. Seems like an easy fix though with some new routers and network speed.

Room Tip: Houston seems to be a very noisy town, lots of traffic, so try to get a room facing away from the hi...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 29 March 2013
Hello Chris_0134,
Thank you for your review! I am happy to hear that you stay with us often and we appreciate your continued loyalty. I am sorry that you have had problems with the internet recently. Since we have stayed quite busy this year we have realized that we do need more bandwidth. I do have good news to report. We are in the process of upgrading our system and it will be completed by April 15th. I am sorry for the inconveniences this situation has caused you but I can assure you that it will not happen again! We look forward to your return!
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We have been here 3 times and they have spill been great. Anna Maria is asst the front desk and she knew my name when i walked in the door. They are very accommodating. I meet a couple of other ladies today in the lounge upstairs and everyone is very very nice. We LOVE IT!!!

• Stayed March 2013
dhollier, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Hello ballarddr,

we are so pleased to hear of your positive experience at the Crowne Plaza River Oaks. Thank you for such a wonderful review is quite a compliment and we appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on our Hotel and team we value your opinion. . Thanks especially for recognizing Mandi's job, It made her day. Take care.
Sid Siddiqi
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I stay at the hotel about 1-2 times every few weeks, and I always enjoy my stay. I am always greated with a friendly smile by the staff when I arrive and Mandy is always there when I leave to get me to where I need to go. She is very helpful also to let me know what is in the area so I can take care of my business. The rooms are great in size and the fact that I can do a late check out and not get charged is a refreshing change.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Hello Phillip B,
Thank you so much for sharing your comments on your recent stay! I am happy to hear that you are a returning guest and continue to leave satisfied. Thank you for recognizing Mandy for her hard work and dedication. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your return.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I have previously reviewed the hotel and highlighted a few of its advantages to the business travelers.
Among them the location and proximity to all main needs.
In this review I would like to emphasize three additional services I found quite useful in this hotel in my frequent travels.
Placing a booking and helping in special needs, Ms. Debbie Hollier (Director of Sales & Marketing) is always a short e-mail away from assisting in any possible way. Making it all so easy to plan ahead my business schedule.
Hotel Concierge - An extraordinary lady by the name of Mandy Bates is a super efficient helpful go-to-person, from last minute dinning needs to stationery and production recommendation and facilitation, she makes it all happen with accountability, reliability and a smile.
In my frequent travel there is a need for me to receive packages during my stay and prior to my check-in, hotel front desk manager, Ms. Tara Riginio is a delightful responsible person who makes sure all my shipment deliveries needs are met around the clock and before/during and after my visit.
Couple all that with a pleasant room, a very comfortable sleeping accommodation and your pretty much set for your full business needs.

Room Tip: I would definitely recommend a room close to the elevators
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 28 March 2013
Hello Amir S,
Wow! Thank you for such a raving review! I am thrilled to hear that you love our hotel, staff & services! We are honored that you continue to choose CPRO as your Houston hotel choice and we appreciate your loyalty. We love it when our guests acknowledge some of our stand out employees. I will pass on your gracious comments to Mandy, Debbie & Tara. I know they will be happy to know that you appreciate their hard work. We look forward to your return!
Safe Travels,
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I traveled to Houston for a friends wedding last month. The hotel was clean & very modern. After we checked in we were greeted by Mandy at the concierge desk. She was so friendly and seemed to really want to help us with whatever we wanted. She had awesome coupons and great suggestions! She helped make our trip a great one. The rest of the staff was friendly and the hotel was in a great location. I look forward to coming back.

• Stayed February 2013
dhollier, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Hello Specalk,
We greatly appreciate your business and taking the time to share your comments. We love to hearing from your and glad you enjoyed your stay and level of service we provide. Thanks especially for recognizing our staff. It made their day.
Sid Siddiqi,
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Used this hotel since one I usually stay at was full and others that were recommended were full, too. Good location at interchange of I610/59 and very close to I45. The room was average but it was nice that it had a mini frig and microwave. We asked for a late check out and were given until 2:00--that was super nice since meeting was 1 mile away and started at 3. Restaurant surprised us on 2 levels. 1) the food was very good--had pasta primavera with grilled shrimp--delkicious. My friend ate the grilled talapia and had raves for it. 2) Service was very slow at night and extremely poor at lunch. At night the wait person seemed to be doing best he could, but was not sharp. But we had lots of time, did not want to leave hotel, so OK. Since dinner was good and we did not know of any restuarants nearby, we decided to have lunch in hotel restaurant. Food was not as good as night before--I has grilled talapia and it was not cooked all the way through and friend had fried shrimp platter which was just OK. But the service was extremely poor--the waiter ignored us, the hostess had to assist, it was clear the waiter and the hostess did not get along, the waiter pretended that he did not speak English and only Spanish (although we heard him speak to others in English with no problem) so I spoke to him in Spanish. He was rude, and had an attitude. For examolke, when i asked for gravy for my mashed potatoes, he asked why and huffed off, returning 15 minutes later with gravy. We had to ask for rolls and butter. At lunch it took so long for our food to arrive that we were ready to leave and just drive around until we found a fast food place to eat. The restaurant was not crowded at night or for lkunch

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
dhollier, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Hello Fran M,
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate you taking the time to bring those issues to our attention. Your feedback is of great importance to us as it helps us monitor and improve our service continually. I sincerely apologize for the level of service that you received in the restaurant and I will make sure it does not happen again. I have sent you a private message to get some details on your stay. I hope to hear back from you soon!
Mandy Bates