“Nice stay”

Ranked #78 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights with an excellent Hotwire rate. The staff was helpful, professional, and friendly. The rooms were well appointed and if liked having a small refrigerator as well as a microwave. I booked in the "Galleria" area. This area out to be separately labeled River Oaks. They provide a free shuttle but it's not within walking distance to the Galleria or that area. Room noise was a concern at times. There are a number of restaurants nearby and it's great if you need to drive between downtown and the Galleria area.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Hello CctravelerCctx,
Thank you for your fantastic feedback!! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are lucky to to have our hotel is such a central location to all the major attractions. We are a few miles away from the galleria so I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our complimentary shuttle. I am sorry if there was noise outside of your room. Next time you stay with us request a corner room...those are usually a little quieter.
Crowne Plaza River Oaks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,654)

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I Stay at this Hotel every 2 weeks. Location is Excellent- Staff is very helpful, and are always willing to go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable. The bar area is a lot of fun, usually pretty good crowd. Steaks and Pizza or excellent at night. Carlos is a fantastic bar tender. The staff is EXCELLENT!!!! I'll Be Back.

Room Tip: Dont get an 06 room- smaller than normal rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Hello Bobby H,
Thank you for writing such a raving review!! We appreciate your loyalty and we love having the pleasure of taking care of you every 2 weeks. I am glad you spend time in Reed's Bar and that Carlos takes good care of you! I will pass on your gracious comments to you! We look forward to your return!
Crowne Plaza River Oaks

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed 3 nights during a family visit. By and large, the hotel justifies its positive reviews. Staff were consistently friendly and responsive. The room was clean and comfortable. Wifi was reliable and elevators speedy. Parking and breakfast cost extra, but combined with a low room rate worked out about the same as "all included" hotels in the area, and the breakfast buffet and menu options were better than the typical midrange business hotel. We could see highway traffic from the 14th floor, but there was no noise. There are plenty of restaurants within blocks of the hotel, and the major museums are just down the road. We would certainly stay there again.

So why only 4 stars? When we checked in, the key cards did not work. The desk clerk let us in with her key and sent an engineer to reprogram the lock. Meanwhile we discovered that the sink did not drain. The engineer also took care of that. Then we were told that our recoded keys needed to be replaced, and they would be brought to us, which didn't happen, so we had to stop at the desk. None of these was a major inconvenience, and it's nice that they handled problems quickly, but it seemed they might be a little more on top of things, prevention-wise.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello Bob/Paula,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! It's nice to know that you loved our hotel, staff & location! I appreciate you bringing the minor concerns to our attention. Things happen wherever you go and our goal is to make sure they are addressed promptly. I do appreciate you understanding and still giving us a 4 star review! I hope that the next time you stay with us we can earn 5 stars!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

The service and the staff is great. Everyone is so helpful. The hotel is really nice and comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to everyone visiting the Houston area. The location is close to all the hot spots in town and the staff will help you find the best places to go.

• Stayed: January 2014
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Hello Latorialove05,
Thank you so much for leaving such fantastic feedback! I am thrilled to hear that you loved our hotel, location and staff! We have a great staff that always does their best to make sure our guests leave happy! I appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I travel weekly and have stayed at this hotel about 5 or 6 times so far, but have stayed at many hotels in Houston. Crowne Plaza has always been one I book, but this location is my favorite. I feel welcomed every time. The only thing they are missing is a hot tub, but even then it's winter and I wouldn't be outside unless it's necessary. The front desk staff and concierge are amazing and tonight was the first night I took advantage of their weekly Wednesday night IHG rewards club event. If you stay anywhere, stay here and don't be afraid to chat with everyone, it makes your trip better.

• Stayed: January 2014

Hello Rebbiash,
Thank you so much for writing such a nice review!! I am glad to hear that you have stayed a few times and it's nice to hear that you will be returning. The reception is always a great time so I hope you keep attending when you can. I will pass on your kind words to our staff! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I travel to Houston every couple if weeks and the Crowne Plaza is the only hotel that I stay at. The staff is amazing! Mandy always takes great care if me and always knows the best places to suggest for dinner. I recommend this hotel to my colleagues and family.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hello rherig,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about our hotel!! We are honored that the Crowne Plaza River Oaks is your hotel choice in Houston!! I will pass on your gracious comments to Mandy and I know that she will appreciate you mentioning her for her service. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel “over three dozen times” as the manager described it. The rate has been great and in the past they have always tried to find a solution to every problem. When I returned to my room tonight which was not made up the front desk was rude. No two ways about it rude. As a Holiday in gold or whatever their highest level is I will not accept this. As a Hilton diamond and Marriott Platinum member I have choices. I checked out and canceled three weeks of reservations. To get an idea of what I have put up with before this see the dirt in the jam of the two doors in this week’s joining rooms.

Room Tip: Doubletree less than 1/2 mile past teh Crowne Plaza. You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank HammondShaun
dhollier, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Hello Hammondshaun,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your previous stay on TripAdvisor. Whether positive or negative we always enjoy feedback from guests. I sincerely apologized for the issues that you experienced and I can assure you that we don't often get those kind of complaints. I completely understand your frustration and I passed on your comments to our Director of Housekeeping, Front Desk Manager as well as our General Manager. I liked reading that you have been such a loyal guest over the past year and I am extremely disappointed that you do not want to return. I have tried calling you to see if there is any way you would give us a chance but I haven't heard back from you. Please let me know if there is anything we can do for you.
Best Regards,