Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
US$222
US$257
US$236
  • Room Service
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$294
The Houstonian(Houston)
US$467
US$451
1,683 results
All reviewsfront deskshuttle servicemedical centerclose to downtownbreakfast buffet isexcellent customer serviceself parkinghome away from homemuseum districtgalleria areafree shuttleconciergezarakirbyfreewayvaletappointment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The staff and amenities were outstanding. Well worth the extra few minutes the construction out front caused. I am a frequent traveler and I have never met a staff so eager to please their guest. I would recommend this hotel to anyone business or vacation. Mandy is exceptional and the friendliest person I may have ever met.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Hello TY G,
Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing such great feedback on our hotel and staff!! I am pleased to hear that Mandy and CPRO made such an amazing impression on you! It is our pleasure to assist you and we look forward to your return!
Safe Travels,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed here during our first family trip to Houston and it was a great choice. Great location and the staff was very friendly and attentive. My wife and I were also celebrating our 2nd anniversary and Mandy at concierge service went above and beyond to decorate our room. My wife loved the roses and champagne she arrange to have in the room and she was very surprised when we went back to our hotel room to find the great setup. We will definitely be staying here again on our next trip to Houston.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Hello kj3421,
Thank you so much for sharing such nice comments on our hotel and staff! We are honored to hear that you chose CPRO to spend such a special occasion with us!! I am thrilled to hear that Mandy was able to make your your 2nd anniversary a memorable one! I know that she loves doing what she can to make sure our guests have the best experience possible so I know that she will be happy to read the gracious comments comments.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I decided to stay there for a one night getaway, and I wasn't happy I did. I'll start with the pros: 1) Very friendly front desk staff, willing to help and provide great service. 2) The room service was great, and I really enjoyed the meal! 3) The room was clean enough, and the bed was comfortable to sleep in.

The main con was that it was so noisy! There were people walking up and down the hall, talking and laughing loudly from multiple rooms, constantly slamming the exit door, it made my stay very unpleasant. It was hard to get a good night's sleep because of the incessant noise. There were other minor issues with the cleanliness of the bathroom, but the primary issue was the noise level.

Perhaps I went on the wrong Friday night, but this wasn't the best Crowne Plaza stay I've had :(

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank FocusedJ
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Hello focusedj,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and staff. I was really disappointed to read that you had noisy neighbors that disrupted your sleep. Our goal is to make sure that all of our guests have a relaxing and comfortable stay and I am sorry. Rest assured that disruptions are not a normal occurrence and we have overnight security to make sure of that. I have sent you a private message to discuss this further. I hope that you will give us another chance to make sure that your next stay is the best it can be.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I'm staying at the Crowne Plaza river oaks during a convention and I have to say it is one of the nicer hotels. I have two coworkers with me staying at the Hyatt and even though the rooms are comparable, the Crowne gives that genuine personnel service you won't find at other hotels. Jerry at guest services was very helpful and would greet me by name. I also received a personnel thank you card from Jerry and Sid which I thought was above and beyond.

I highly recommend talking to Mandy at the concierge desk. She helped us several times on recommendations for restaurants. We ran into her while she was off work and she came over just to make sure we where having a good time. Again, you won't get that personnel service at other hotels.

Facts about the hotel/area:
-cab from hobby airport cost ~$40
-The hotel is about a 10-15min ride to the convention center, and a cab will cost you about $15.
-There is a couple block area downtown that has several restaurants worth visiting. Not sure of cab cost because we walked from the convention center. If your a whiskey drinker, try reserve101. They have a very large selection and it's a down to earth bar. Across the street they have a House of Blues which had great music. Talk to Mandy before you head over, she can update you on what's going on. There are also two craft beer restaurants in other areas that she recommended.
-weekday traffic can be bad, so you will need to plan for it.
-cab rates are supposed to be fixed by zones, but my cab cost where all over the place
-several attendees rented cars which seem to work out ok for them. There are several garages around.

I'm sure there is a lot more in the area, but my time to explore was limited. Enjoy.

Hello Tuntrol,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review!! I am sure that TA readers will really appreciate the great information in your comments. I am thrilled to hear that Mandy was such a great help and guided you and your colleagues with so many great recommendations. She loves to make sure all of guests enjoy the city as much as possible. I will pass on your gracious comments to her and I know that she will be thrilled to hear that she helped make your stay a memorable one.
Safe Travels,
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Mandy at the Conceige Desk was incredible - she remembered our business group form the year before! She suggested excellent places to eat (Flemings was excellent) and she made sure my SuperShuttle was on schedule to pick me up for my return to the airport.

Room Tip: The hotel was nice but ask for room facing away from the highway if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Hello Paul P,
Wow!! I am thrilled to hear that Mandy helped make your stay such a great one! She really loves making sure that our guests enjoy our great city to the fullest!! She is very dedicated to service and I know that she will be thrilled that you took the time to recognize her hard work. It was our pleasure to assist yo and we look forward to having yo back next year for OTC!