“Great Experience”

Ranked #76 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I always enjoy staying here, the staff is great, very helpful and friendly. Especially Mandy, she always knows the best eateries in town and always has an solution for any problems I might have. Thank you very much for another great experience at your hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Hello Philip B,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on our hotel and staff! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay and we thank you so much for your loyalty!! I will pass on your gracious comments to Mandy and the rest of the staff! I know they will be thrilled to read your comments. Thank you for your review and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We obtained a super great rate on Priceline for this hotel. The service and client attention were beyond excellent. We were allowed to check in three hours early without any hesitation from the Front Desk Manager, who came out to assist the staff during a very busy check out time.
Mandy Bates, Concierge, remembered one of the members of our party from last year and welcomed him by name. She was very helpful and made every effort to ensure our stay was enjoyable.
The buffet breakfast along with the hot waffles and eggs/omelettes made to order were a great start to our day.
We plan to make this Crowne Plaza our hotel of choice each visit to Houston, TX

Room Tip: During the street construction in front of the hotel, choose a room on the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Hello Ernestine B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a raving review!! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel, staff & amenities! We have a great breakfast buffet and I am glad to hear that it was a great start to your day. I will pass your compliments on to the chef! We really appreciate your review and recommendation and we look forward to your return!
Thanks,

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I got an awesome deal from William Shatner's site so I can't complain too much on features. It we a crazy cheap deal- like 75% normal. My bed was super comfy and the room was appointed well. As a previous poster wrote, this hotel does have some aging marks in the rooms, particularly stained couches, carpet, and nicked furniture. My only complaints are the hotel business office printer did not work, someone left a room service tray in the hallway for 24 hours and no one (not even housekeeping) piled it up, and the hotel staff were ok but could have been a little more attentive. All in all a great place for my price but not for full pay- beware. I do consider it very good- I would stay again for right price.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Hello Anthony G,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you were able to get such a great value on priceline and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that you felt our hotel is outdated and needs some attention. We are constantly making improvements and I am thrilled to hear that you will be coming back! Hopefully when you return you will be pleased with our recent upgrades.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I want to thank Mandy Bates and her team for a professional, relaxing experience. During a week of travel, it is nice to come back to your hotel to wind down while recapping your busy day. Although somewhat dated, the rooms were quite and clean. I do recommend replacing the furniture in the near future.

I will be back because it is difficult to find customer service that exceeds your expectations.

Thank you.

Steve Valenti

Hello seveevee,
We really appreciate you sharing your comments on your recent stay!! I am thrilled to hear that we succeeded your expectations when it comes to service. Excellence is not our goal it's our standard! We are an older property so we are constantly upgrading our hotel. I hope that the next time you stay with us you will see the great changes that we have made. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 30 May 2014

The staff here was very helpful, and the Concierge (Mandy) went above and beyond our expectations. She helped us out with local hot spots, and the free shuttle was a great bonus! Rooms were very clean!

Hello Tommy B,
Thank you for sharing such fantastic feedback on your recent stay!! I am pleased to hear that you enjoy our hotel, staff & location!! I will be glad to pass on your comments to Mandy and the rest of our staff. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

The front desk staff and Mandy were so accommodating for me and my baby. They responded rapidly to all of my needs. The room service, shuttle service, house keeping and dining room staff are all professional. The hotel room was very comfortable. The bed was clean and soft and having a refrigerator and microwave, made our stay easy. We look forward to coming back and using the pool and spa.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Hello Lindsay C,
Thank you for your fantastic feedback on our hotel and staff!! Best hotel in Houston is quite a compliment!! I am happy to hear that Mandy and the rest of the staff did such a great job taking care of you! It is our pleasure to assist yo and we look forward to your return!!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stay at this hotel every three weeks for several days. Again, I have nothing but great things to say about the Crowne Plaza River Oaks. As always, Grady Williams, Debbie Hollier and Mandy Bates were so wonderful to us.They seem to anticipate our every need, and no request seems to be too much for them. As a patient at the MD Anderson Cancer Clinic their warm welcome is always appreciated. They truly make us feel like family.
The front desk staff follows Grady & Mandy's lead and are all wonderful (thank you Miss Sammie for your warmth and caring).
The shuttle provided by the hotel is fantastic; Save stress about getting a cab to the hospital, and the pick up shuttle with its three mile radius covers the area with great restaurants, AND the Galleria. the drivers are so nice and.polite (please remember to tip them please).
Dinner and breakfast at the Reef Restaurant is always very good. All of the staff is very nice, but Zara Khan the hostess, and Roberto the waiter go out of their way to help.
The rooms and the hotel in general is immaculate, and the beds are very comfortable.
I have stayed at this hotel every three weeks for the last 2+years, and my views have not changed in all that time. Treat yourself when you come to Houston and stay at this wonderful hotel with its truly superb staff.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, and the suites (01,24) are like apartments. We usually have view of t...

Hello Richard S,
Wow!! Thank you so much for sharing such amazing comments on our hotel and staff!! We are honored that you have chosen the CPRO as your home away from home!! I know that traveling for medical issues can be difficult so I am glad our team is able to make sure you have everything you need. You and Elliott our like family to us and it is our pleasure to take care of you. I will pass on your comments to the staff that you mentioned and I know they will be thrilled to hear that they were recognized for their dedication to service. We look forward to your return! See you in a few weeks.