“Business, comfort and amazing staff”

Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks
Ranked #77 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Highly recommened for fellow travellers to Houston. This is a great hotel with well trained staff. I have stayed there a several times already and would highly recommend. This hotel has the best meet and greet guest/manager hour with drinks and food you are excited to go to!! Mandy is amazing!! and very knowledgeable about the Houston scene! The hotel is located in a great area for wonderful restaurants and places to watch a game and relax. Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks will take good care of you and ensure you leave satisfied.

Chef Shawn

Room Tip: reserve early
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hello shawn525,
Wow!! Thank you for taking the time to write such a raving review on our hotel and staff!! It's great to hear that you stay with us often and that you attend our IHG welcome reception! We really appreciate your fantastic feedback and loyalty. I will pass on your gracious comments to Mandy and I know that she will be thrilled that she was acknowledged for her dedication to service. It is our pleasure to assist you and we look forward to your return.
Safe Travels,
Crowne Plaza RIver Oaks

Reviewed 15 June 2014

The River Oaks Crowne Plaza has a great central location and is a beautiful property. Once you arrive, the front desk, vallet and concierge staffs are amazing. Jerry and Mandy are always attentive to my needs and get me whisked away to my room promptly. The service and attention to details are the best here and if you need a meal or drink to unwind, well, then the Restaurant staff will have you covered. Carlos is always mixing some great spirits in the lounge and serving some delicious food too. This is one of my all around favorite hotels where I feel at home and I am treated each visit like family. The Rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable.

Room Tip: If available, the 01 and 24 rooms on each floor are 2 Room Suites!

Hello DjNone,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments on our hotel and staff!! We are honored that you have chosen CPRO as your home away from home and we greatly appreciate your loyalty. Our staff is some of the best and they pride themselves on their dedication to service. Mandy and Jerry do an exceptional job and I know they will be thrilled to hear they were recognized for their hard work. It is our pleasure to assist you and we look forward to your return!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

If great hotels are created by great managers, then this hotel ranks in the top tier of Houston hotels. I want to thank and brag about one particular manager who I know as Grady. To tell the story, my toddler son was diagnosed with a hearing problem that required a specialize hearing test only available at the Texas Childrens Hospital, 500 miles from where we live. The test is done sedated and so he has to be cleared by a doctor prior to the test. About three months ago we had an appointment and I booked an overnight stay at the Crowne Plaza on Priceline. The week before the appointment, my son got very sick and we had to cancel the hearing test as he would not have passed the prior exam for sedation. I called the Crowne Plaza and asked to speak to a manager and was transferred to Grady. I explained my situation and asked if there was anything he could do to move the night of the stay to another night as Priceline will not do that without purchasing insurance ahead of time. He said that if I booked on the same day of the week as the previous stay, he would help me out. Fast forward to today and we have a place to stay for the rescheduled test, all thanks to Grady. Grady could have said he was sorry and there was nothing he could do, but his compassion and understanding of my family and my state of mind in this trying time tell us a lot about his character. To me, this is a man that takes the well being and needs of his customers into account and make decisions that are beneficial to both client and corporation alike. We will definitely be staying at this hotel the next time we are in Houston. Grady is this companies most valuable asset.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Bo M
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hello Bo M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a raving review on our front desk manager, Grady Wallace!! We really appreciate you sharing your story and acknowledging Grady for his dedication to service. Excellence is not our goal it's our standard! We are very lucky to have such a great staff that will do everything they can to make sure our guests leave completely satisfied. It is our pleasure to assist you!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This Hotel is above the rest. The staff is very friendly, professional, and make you feel like family.
I do spend at least 120 night a year in hotels throughout the country, and this one is one of my preferred hotels. I am treated just as I were at a family reunion. The staff is trying really hard to accommodate everyone's wishes and requests. This hotel has a good restaurant and bar. The service staff and bartender (Carlos) will treat you just like family. Additionally, there are many restaurants within easy walking distance near the hotel and the hotel is located very conveniently to the medical center, UH, the Galleria, Greenway Plaza, and Downtown.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Hello Thomas M,
Thank you for taking time to share your previous stay with us on TripAdvisor. We greatly appreciate your feedback and kind words about our property. Our staff prides itself on making every guest feel as welcomed and comfortable as possible. We are so thrilled that CPRO is one of your favorite hotels! We look forward to your return!!. Until then, take care and safe travels!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very few places can say that they have a team that is committed to providing a high level of service. The Crowne Plaza River Oaks is one such place. I have been staying at this hotel for a number of years and recently every week and the entire staff is more than willing to bend over backwards to provide a positive experience to each and every guest.

If you want an excellent value and superior treatment I highly recommend that you experience the exceptional service provided by the staff at the Crowne.

Hello Gary H,
WOW!!! Thank you so much for your raving review!! We are honored that you have chosen CPRO as your home away from home. We are thrilled to hear that you have stayed with us for so long and that you continuously frequent our hotel. We really appreciate your loyalty and it is our pleasure to assist you! It really means a lot to us that you took the time to share such gracious comments on our hotel and staff! We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Unfortunately we needed to come to the medical center in Houston. But fortunately we chose the Crowne Plaza for our stay. The clientele was wonderful....everyone from the shuttle drivers to front desk receptionists to Mandy Bates the concierge. We are returning home after a MONTH healed and have a smile on our faces because of these awesome people! :) Will always stay here when we need to come to Houston.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Sara B,
Wow!! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on our hotel and staff!! I know that traveling for medical reasons can be difficult so I am thrilled to hear that Mandy and the rest of our great team made your stay such a great one! Also, congratulations on receiving a clean bill of health! It is our pleasure to assist you!!
Safe Travels,

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Location was close to an appointment was reason for selection.

Service was OK but not exceptional.

Sheets had rust stains but clean )I hope).

Bed was comfortable and amenities were adequate.

Construction makes access a little difficult.

For Houston I suppose the place is OK.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TAMAN1951

Hello Taman1951,
Thank you for sharing your comments on our hotel. I am glad to hear that you enoyed your stay but was disappointed to read our hotel and staff did not exceed your expectations. Our goal is to make your stay a memorable one so I apologize that we did not "WOW" you. I really hope that you will give us another chance to earn 5 stars the next time your travels brings you to Houston.