1,748 results
All reviews front desk shuttle service medical center breakfast buffet is the entire staff self parking museum district free shuttle concierge zara kirby freeway downtown valet appointment
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Stayed here for a two day conference and was very disappointed. Everything is dated and run down. And carpets are dirty. See the photos for examples. Breakfast was limited, especially for the price. The hotel is right next to a busy really noisy highway, so roaring noise if you step outside for some fresh air.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hello and thanks for taking the time to rate my hotel. I am sorry that you could only give us 2 stars. I will share your feedback with my manager. I hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We were only here for one night, arrived at 4pm during rush hour so traffic was very heavy. Hotel is in an area with mainly one way streets so missing a turn can be a 20 min ordeal getting back to where you need to be. There is no free parking in the area, Hotel charges $9 per night for self parking and $16 for valet.

Check in was painless, rooms, bedding, and amenities are standard Crowne Plaza quality. Couldn't get the room to cool below 72 degrees, I generally prefer 70 but not enough to complain about it.

They have a small outdoor pool but due to it's placement it gets very little sun, we didn't really have time to partake on this visit but could be an issue for a longer stay.

The staff was excellent in all areas, the printer in the business center was having issues when I was there desperately needing documents printed and the staff printed them out for me on one of their office printers saving the day which was greatly appreciated.

We had the breakfast buffet the next morning which was above average for this type of setting, staff there was also excellent and went out of their way to insure we had everything we needed.

All in all a comfortable stay.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello outlaw1865 and thanks for the 4 star rating! I am glad that you had a nice check in but sorry about the AC in your room. We did have some issues with HVAC but they have been resolved. Please do come back and see us again!

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Yeah, very comfortable bed. That's my #1 requirement for a hotel. I want a good night's sleep. Got it!

We had kind of a suite, with TV in separate room from bedroom. The sofa and chairs in TV room, unlike bed, were very uncomfortable. As in damn, who could sit in these....?

Positives: Has parking garage (but you pay), good location, and store for amenities (I forgot my toothbrush).

Negatives: Hotel seems a bit frayed around the edges. But that is not important to me. No free breakfast (but most hotel breakfasts aren't very good, anyway).

Reasonably priced--would stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Paluxysaurus and thanks for the 4 star rating! I am glad that you enjoyed the bed and that you will stay with us again! We do have some complimentary items at the front desk such as tooth brushes for future reference. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

The front desk clerk initially stated we didn’t have a reservation, and we needed to call our booking contact. When we protested, she checked and found our reservation! The room was clean but somewhat worn especially the bathroom. The location is convenient but difficult to actually get to the entrance. The parking garage is dark, and the spaces are very small. The breakfast buffet was sufficient but not memorable! It was adequate for one night.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hello 546lovetotravel - I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations! I will share your comments with my management. I hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Thank you for a wonderful, comfortable stay!! I come here every three months to go to MD Anderson and love to stay in this hotel where I know the kind employees, especially Carlos the bartender and Jorge!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hello Kris and thanks for the 5 star rating! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon!