1,744 results
All reviews front desk medical center close to downtown breakfast buffet is home away from home self parking museum district free shuttle zara kirby freeway valet appointment
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Service was excellent. Valet service was qick and professional. We only had one problem. Elevator #1 got stuck and the doors wouldn't open. We rang the alarm, but no help. We finally pried opened the doors with our hands. The rooms were roomy and clean.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hello Elena and thanks for the 5 star rating! I am glad the service was excellent! I will check on the elevator issue and appreciate you letting us know. Please come back and see us again!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I had a good price on a hotel room here last week. Every now and then I will book a hotel before appointments at the Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Hospital, located in the Texas Medical Center. By good price, I mean through Priceline had a $64 bill for the night, in addition to the $9/per day self-parking fee. The room was nice and comfortable. I had a spacious desk with a comfortable chair. I ate at the hotel restaurant, Reed's is the name of the place or so I believe. The hotel has this very sparse menu that is laminated included in your package book in your room. The menu they have online is not the same as that on your information packet. I don't know why the hotel hasn't changed it. That is perhaps the most serious complaint I have. The next day, I went to the restaurant for breakfast. There are buffet prices and continental prices. But I was asked by a lady waiter, I suppose since I am looking my early 60s and have a fire department hat that I bought from the San Antonio Fire Museum, if I was a VA patient. Since I was, I said yes. I am not sure whether I was supposed get a free buffet, but I did anyway. I wasn't very impressed. The sausages, both turkey and pork wasn't the best. The scrambled eggs tasted like jailhouse fare (at least that's what I've been told.) So, I had a good deal, but mostly because it was through Priceline. Oh, and I got some guff from the parking valet.

Stayed: June 2018

Hello Richard and thanks for the 4 star rating! Glad that your room was comfortable! As for the menu in Reeds, we just got new menus and need to update the website. I am sorry too about your breakfast experience and will share with my management. I hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Comfortable but old. Dark, uninviting rooms. Tiny windows barely bring any light. Old carpeting. Very tiny pool. No hot tub. No microwave. After arriving heard water running in bath room. Toilet was overflowing and drenching the floors and carpet. Ac fan was very loud and annoying... something is bent or broke. Ice machine delivered mold with each bucket filled. 9.00 a night to self park, 16 for valet.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hello John and thanks for taking the time to rate my hotel. I am very sorry that you were not happy. All rooms should have a microwave - could you email me please on what room you were in so that we can check on that as well as the AC, and toilet? I will share your feedback with my manager. I hope that you will give us another try. dhollier@pacificahost.com

Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Makeup on sheets, dirty towels, horrible smelling room, hot water didn’t work for part of stay, old building.

I will never stay here again. I thought because it was the Crowne Plaza in a nice part of town it would be decent. It is absolutely disgusting!

2  Thank Daniel A

Hello Daniel and thanks for the feedback. I am sincerely sorry about your experience and would like to make things right. Would you mind sending me an email at dhollier@pacificahost.com so that we can look into things? I hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Horrible hotel!!!!! Horrible service!!! They turned off the water without even noticing me!!! I couldn’t even brush my teeth or wash my face before my meeting!!! It’s unacceptable and cruel! Will never stay there again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Hello breseida27 and thanks for taking the time to rate my hotel. I am sorry about the water! Sometimes it is beyond our control and we have to turn it off to fix something. We usually slide letters under room doors and post signs at the front desk. We much have missed your room and I am very sorry. I hope that you might give us another try.