1,749 results
All reviews front desk shuttle service medical center breakfast buffet is the entire staff self parking museum district free shuttle concierge zara kirby freeway downtown valet appointment
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel has a prime location and was reasonably priced. The room was clean, but the hallway was not. The property shows its age. Dents and dings in the wall and doors. The refrigerator was cold, but loud. A plus is a parking garage on site.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hello Gary and thanks for taking the time to rate my hotel. I am sorry that we didn't meet all of your expectations and will share your feedback with my manager. I hope that you will come back and see us.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel is terrible and unorganized. I booked my stay at the crown plaza river oaks and i was not satisfied at all. It was my birthday weekend so i got a kingsize bed room. I booked 8hrs in advance and they said the room was available. I got there at 230 am and they did not have my room. I had to settle for a lesser room. I got the room key got up to the 9th floor and the key card didnt work. I got back downstairs and told them they exchanged it and i got back up there still, the new key card didnt work. Finally i called the front desk and they moved me to another room still not the room i wanted or paid for.additionally, its 230am in the morning and my girlfriend and i were tired. I called in the morning and the manager understood my greviances and said he would upgrade us and to wait a while and he would come up personally and give us the key . We waited for him for an 1hr and a half finally i went downstairs and asked to see him and the lady at the front desk said he went to lunch. At this point i didnt want my birthday weekend to be messed up by this organization so I asked for a refund for the remaining three days i was going to stay agreeing to pay for the1st night i stayed although it was not the room i paid for that i had to settle for. The lady at the front desk told me i had to wait for the manager smh. I explained the situation with her and she was not understanding the information. I BOOKED MY STAY FROM YOU GUYS NO THIRD PARTY. She finally understood and released the rest of my funds. I will be honest i love crown plaza and when i left i booked the sugarland location but this river oaks crown plaza is terrible dont stay here for the price you pay its better to go to another one

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Hello Issa and thanks for taking the time to rate my hotel. My Director of Operations responded to your concerns. We are very sorry that you were not happy and hope that you might give us another try.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

The plus to this hotel was that the staff was wonderful. They were very accommodating and helpful at all times.
The food was very good and appropriately priced for hotel food.
The hotel was a good location since it was very close to the interstate.
Free coffee in the lobby would have been a nice plus like many hotels have which would add to a positive guest experience. Some hotels, lesser priced, even offer free lemonade and cookies for guests..and free breakfast of course.. again a nice touch for a positive guest experience.
The negatives: hallways were in much need of vacuuming. There were food crumbs etc all over the hallways. Someone left a bag of garbage outside the room next to ours that was there for almost an entire day until we had to call to have it removed. There were no vending machines to get detergent etc. in the guest laundry room.
I found it VERY disappointing that we were charged $9.00 per day for parking as a hotel guest however visitors parking there were not charged as the ticket machine was not operating.
I was disappointed that a hotel such as the Crowne Plaza did not live up to it's standards because of the above.
Overall I probably would not stay here again. I would look for a lower priced hotel such as Hampton Inn or Marriott or even Holiday Inn Express in the area.

Room tip: no opinion.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Hello Debbie and thanks for rating my hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed the staff, food and location! We do have free coffee in the business center - I am sorry that you were not informed. I will share the other feedback with my manager. Thanks again and hope that you will come back and see us.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

My friends and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend. Our main reason for choosing this hotel is its close proximity to The Galleria. The hotel seems to be needing some renovation as it’s pretty old. The room can also benefit from remodeling. However, it really is affordable so I guess you get what you pay for. What I like about this hotel is their service. They have been very helpful from assisting me to the parking area to attending to my requests. What they lack in infrastructure, they make up with their service and their best rates. Overall, I had a pleasant stay here.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello Godwithus and thanks for the 4 star rating. I am glad that you enjoyed and hope that you will come back soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

We spent one night here in early August, and it was a well presented, tidy hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful upon check in, and our room was much larger than expected. The room was lovely and clean-big tick from me!

The bed was so comfortable, we didn’t want to get up! We had a small lounge, desk and table in the room, and still had plenty of room for our suitcases. We had a big bathroom, and a little nook with a microwave and fridge. We didn’t have included breakfast but paid $10/ea the day before, and had the buffet breakfast-worth it!

Parking was $9/night. We were there for an event so didn’t have much time to explore the surroundings, but we did walk to Kirby Dr, where there were plenty of dinner options. The hotel is right off the freeway so was easy to find!

Definitely recommend this hotel!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Mel and thanks for the 5 star rating! I am glad that you enjoyed and hope that you will be back soon!