1,749 results
All reviews front desk shuttle service medical center breakfast buffet is the entire staff self parking museum district free shuttle concierge zara kirby freeway downtown valet appointment
Reviewed 4 October 2018

My daughter and I made an overnight trip to Houston on business and I chose this hotel because the price was reasonable and it was near our destination in southwest Houston. I made a reservation ahead of time because I didn't know when we'd be there. I made the reservation online the day before and quickly got a double for us. We arrived after dark and had no trouble finding the hotel. Check in was quick and we self-parked in the four level garage on site, although valet parking is also available. Our room was clean and, although the beds were just a little hard for our tastes, we nevertheless had a good night's sleep. My only complaint about the room is that the walls are not very soundproof and we were "treated" to the noise from our neighbors on both sides. Fortunately, we just heard normal "settling in" sounds which quickly quietened down. We did not do the morning breakfast because we discovered that there was a charge for it. We checked out and went across the highway to an IHOP instead. We also discovered that a $9.00 parking fee had been added when I made the reservation. In most hotels that we stay in, there is no parking fee and breakfast is complementary. If we find ourselves in the area again, it's highly likely that we'll find another hotel. There are plenty to choose from.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 4 October 2018

We stayed the last weekend in September. Our room was awesome-very large with a king bed and a pull out in the other rom. The bed was very comfy and we enjoyed a wonderful night's sleep. we stayed o the 18th floor. The check in staff was wonderful and Nabil gave me a choice of rooms. The pool was open but it was a little to cold for me. The lobby décor is a style I like-whimsical and yet modern. We had dinner at the bar and breakfast in the restaurant and excellent service both times. No complaints here. Hubby and I will be back!

Room tip: Get a king suite on the top floor-view is awesome and the room is LARGE!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
sylvia s, Executive Assistant at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Hi Krystal H! -

THANK YOU for all the wonderful comments. I have shared with our Staff and Management. We look forward to seeing you and Hubby again.

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza River Oaks.

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The garage, the gym, the lobby, and the room! Awful. They need a major update. There’s also a “weird” smell that is happening in the hotel.

First and last time I will go near that place. They even make you pay for parking, while the gate for the parking garage is WIDE open!!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank diadharris
sylvia s, Executive Assistant at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Hello diadharris -

Thank you for staying with us and I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations and for any issues experienced. I have passed this to Management. I hope you will give us another opportunity for a better stay.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

The hotel's location in relation to Minute Maid Park is a plus as well as a good bang for the buck. The room was clean and comfortable and close to my favorite Houston restaurant. Overall, a very pleasant stay.

Date of stay: August 2018
sylvia s, Executive Assistant at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hi dianne s -

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear you had a very pleasant stay. I hope you will stay with us again and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza River Oaks.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed for two nights in September. The property was clean and maintained. It was okay but I agree with other posts that it could use some updating. The breakfast was overpriced. $10 for fruits/cereal/juice $18 for buffet per person. Chic fil A is across the street. Other than that, it was a nice stay.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
dhollier, Director of Sales at Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

Hello Tonya and thanks for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that you were only able to give us 3 stars. I will share your feedback with my manager regarding breakfast prices. Please come back and see us soon.

Best regards,