“A wonderful room in a convenient hotel”

Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center
Ranked #143 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This was one of the most comfortable rooms I have had on my trips for work. It's in the medical complex district--walking distance to MD Anderson and other hospitals, although the hotel provides a shuttle. The room was a suite with a huge living room with a half bath and a refrigerator, and then a separate bedroom with a full bath. The beds were really comfortable. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. I did try the restaurant for breakfast and the service was prompt and the food was good (and reasonably priced.) I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Overall good. Disappointed that our bathrooms were not functioning or clean. Not pleased that the housekeeper did not understand English and could not assist us with obtaining shampoo for us. The location and the ease to leave/return is excellent. It is in a great area if you like to walk.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I stay here weekly for business and enjoy my stay ever week (my home away from home). The staff is lovely, attentive, and kind. The guest rooms are clean, but slightly outdated. The hotel is close (within walking distance or the Hilton runs a shuttle there) to Rice Village where there is shopping and good restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 September 2013

First, let me say that the staff was really good and the facilities were more than adequate. I would also state that I had a suite which was fairly priced for the size of it. That said, the buttons on the phones in my room did not work when pressed for room service. I thought I was going to have to call the Marriott a few blocks away to get something sent over to eat.
I will end on a positive. The location is great and if you are in Houston in the medical center area to get treatment for some syndrome real or imagined, this is the place to stay here

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My weekend here at the Hilton was very nice....I was greeted by Taylor Byron and Allante....great smiles and they made sure that I was comfortable....thanks guys for your warm smiles and personalities.....the hotel was wonderful the food and bar the people here are very friendly it help for me to relax...the next time I'm here in Houston I will be back to stay ...thanks

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jones J
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Although parking at the hotel was a little confusing initially, the room, staff and service was great. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was big and comfortable. I utilized their free shuttle which was a nice extra.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Britt U, General Manager at Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your stay. We are delighted that you had a good experience. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for two nights while attending to physician appointments at the Medical Center with my mother. The staff was very friendly and shuttle service was available to all locations within a two mile radius. The only annoying thing was that I needed a hotel key to use the elevator and experienced numerous problems. Each requiring a new key.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel and your stay. We will review the card readers in the elevators to provide a better experience.