“Excellent Room and Service”

Hilton Houston Plaza/Medical Center
Ranked #144 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I can not fault this hotel. The staff were very helpful. I had a suite with separate lounge, bedroom and second restroom. I was able to use the hotel shuttle to get to and from the Reliant Arena. Value for me was excellent as I used my Hilton Honors points.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 November 2013

Very disappointed in the amenities at the hotel and the front desk staff interaction. Negatives: 1. There is no Concierge Lounge. This was extremely disappointing, especially considering the price I paid for the room. 2. The front desk staff was less than friendly or helpful. 3. I was going to the Texas Children's Hospital and the front desk lady didn't even know how to tell me to go over through the medical building adjacent to your hotel so that I wouldn't get rained on. I had to call a Taxi. Really??? 4. I feel for the price paid that this was a sub par Hilton experience. Positives: 1. The Valet guy was great! 2. The room was very nice.

1  Thank Mstfyme7
Reviewed 3 November 2013

We stayed the at the Hilton near the medical center and got a special rate due to our having appointments there. The room was big nice clean and well maintained by the staff. there is a shuttle you can set up with the front desk that will take you to appointments and if you need to stores within a 2 mile area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Disappointed . Hotel needs refurbishing. Was convenient to Rice University where I attended a wedding. A/C did not work as could not turn it off and room was very cold. Glad I found a blanket in the closet.Fixed by not running the fan. No complementary breakfast which is found in other Hiltons. I did not need it but no hairdryer in the bathroom. Closet has shelf that makes it impossible to hng long garments such as evening dress.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Maria H
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed 3 nights on business - good trip here's what I experienced: Large Clean Suite; attentive service; very helpful staff; Nice large TV's in room(s); Good climate controls in room; Good stay - no problems; Good value - overall. Restaurant is OK too.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Hotel is conveniently located - lots of great restaurants nearby; rooms are really big - i had a bedroom, 2 bathrooms and a living room area; i would stay there again; the only complaints I have is that the bathroom smelled sour and if you are traveling by yourself it is hard to get through the doors from the self parking to the lobby with luggage- otherwise, it is a great hotel

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I was so amazingly surprised at the size of the rooms in the suite I stayed in while on a business trip. I had just come from Maryland where I stayed at another hilton and was not impressed so this was a pleasant surprise. I would call it a hidden gem because everything is so quietly understated when you check in until you go up to your room.

The staff was so friendly and went out of their to ensure I had directions and also making me aware of the shuttle use for areas within. 2 miles of the hotel. This was an added perk for the group I was with on business in the Houston area.

Breakfast was nice. Lots of choices and good fresh fruit and bread.

I will echo the sentiments of a previous reviewer: you must stay here while in Houston.