“Substandard to Average Hilton Hotel”

Hilton Houston Galleria Area
Ranked #75 of 506 Hotels in Houston
San Diego, United States
“Substandard to Average Hilton Hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Very average. The Executive Lounge was the worst! Poor breakfast selection, dirty tables not wiped between guest uses. All white bread, no wheat choices! Oatmeal station was a disgrace with 3 empty jars next to it showing remnants of brown sugar and nuts, an a little bit of raisons. I guess the only positive is that this Hilton actually had an Executive Lounge where many other Hiltons are doing away with their Exec Lounges! Pillows were terrible. Too soft to use one and too much to use two. Could not get comfortable all night.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sam S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Sima M,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. Our Executive Team is reviewing your comments to ensure they are used to improve our guest's experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do for you.

Front Office Manager
Hilton Houston Southwest
Sam.sarwar@hilton.com
713-735-6117

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Hotel staff was extremely friendly. Front desk check in was professional and quick. Employees I passed in the hallways and in the elevator greeted me friendly and with a smile. I did not dine there and was only there one night but would definitely go back there if in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Robb T,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am happy that your stay was Excellent. We hope to see you next time, probably for more than a day!.
Sam
Buffalo Texas, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

It was a good place to stay. clean rooms, always had fruit infused water at the elevators. the laundry area was clean and pleasant. I would recommend Hilton to my friends and family. The only thing is that most of the parking is in back of the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sam S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Gwen V,
Thank you so much for the feedback. I appreciate your kind words summarizing your stay. Please look for us again on your next visit to Houston.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great place to have a family reunion of 40 or less people. Fair price for event. Staff made it look easy to accommodate my family members. I'd have another family reunion there. Sales and catering departments were very nice and made having my family reunion there one less thing to worry about in the planning of it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Dear 591valeriem,
Thanks for the opportunity to host your family re-union at our hotel. I am delighted you and your family enjoyed the event. I also appreciate you recognized our sales and catering department efforts. We are looking forward to serve you again very soon.
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2014

This is a nice clean hotel but the bathroom was very tiny and the road noise (right along the interstate) of course was loud...bring ear plugs! The bed was very comfy as well as the pillows, which is very important to me.

Dear Gwopilot,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am happy that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and pillow. I appreciate your business and hope to see you again in near future.
Vb
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This hotel is an awesome place to stay. The entire staff is all about top notch service. My wife and I travel a lot and we always look forward to our stay here in Houston. The executive lounge is very comfortable and an added bonus.

• Stayed July 2014
Sam S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Kevin C,
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate your business and it shows in the service we provide. We are looking forward to serve you on your next stay.
Front office manager
Houston, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The bathroom was to small you could not sit without closing the door. We were suppose to get free breakfast but it was not given. The staff was friendly and somewhat helpful. The location was terrible.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Sam S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston Galleria Area, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

I am happy that you noticed excellent service provided by my staff and I am sorry for your overall experience. I would like to discuss your recent stay. Please either email or call me at my contact information below. Your opinions are very important to us.

Kind Regards,