“Egress Exit” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #170 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Las Vegas
“Egress Exit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

I loved this hotel. The bed was soooooo comfortable. I slept reallyyyy well. The hotel was clean the bathroom was clean. I enjoyed the cable tv. The A/C was awesome. There was only one problem, the rear exit door would not allow me to exit from the inside at about 6am when I needed to leave and get to my car. This was annoying and a fire hazard. I used the other exit door further down the hall and I was allowed to exit from the inside. However, I could re-enter from the outside using my key, but I could not exit from the INSIDE. This was not annoying and puzzleling. If it was an emergency, I hope the doors would have allowed me to get out.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Dear Las Vegas Review,
Thank you so much for sharing your comments about your recent stay. I am very sorry you had issues with our exit door and because of this we are checking all of our exit doors to ensure they operate correctly. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to having you as our guest the next time you travel to the Houston area.
Steve Ryan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Wilmington, DE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

This was my first visit to this Courtyard. It has the newly remodeled Bistro which is nice. There was also a fitness room and because I'm an earlier riser, I had it to myself. However with only 3 machines, it could get tight real fast.

Room was standard - the towels did seem fairly thin for a $200+ per night place. Sleep quality was good and room was clean.

One negative - they ran out of bananas one morning for breakfast. Despite that, I'd return.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Dear Woodstock1968,
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience. We do have plans to expand our exercise room some time soon, definite date to be determined. I will definitely look into our towel inventory to ensure we have adequate towels for our guests. And I will look into the banana issue with our Bistro manager because we should not be running out of any food item for our guests. We look forward to serving you once again the next time you are in the Houston area.
Steven M Ryan
Austin, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2013

Quiet, cool and peaceful despite being only a few yards off I-10. Staff was absolutely remarkable. Paperwork, which is usually a nightmare for large groups, was handled wonderfully. We were all placed close to one another, we got good individual attention, there was no confusion or difficulty getting bills sorted, rooms were fairly nice, and parking was plentiful.

We really only needed a place to sleep comfortably for one night since we were in Houston for a tournament the following day. We got that minimum good night's rest and considered the place quite a bargain. There are plenty of gas stations and restaurants nearby and the hotel sits at a major road intersection on the Eastbound I-10 access road which allows easy access back to the Westbound I-10.

Our room faced West and had no noise problems. AC was quiet and efficient. Bathroom had obviously been redone recently and was really nice. King Bed was great for two and there were plenty of accessible plugs around the room. All computer and electrical connections and recharging easy to find and use. Hallways and elevators good. We were in late and out early so did not use or observe food service. Courtyard area very quiet and pleasant place to sit and pool was in use and appeared fairly nice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Lon B,
Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed recommendation of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with a memorable stay and from what I read we achieved that goal with you. We hope to have you as our guest once again.
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2013

I have stayed at the Marriot Courtyard a couple of times, but never again. Their bookings are unreliable and they have extremely poor customer service. They overbooked my room despite a guaranteed room that was booked 2 months in advance. Their “remedy” was an offer to put me in a hotel down the street at their expense. To add insult to injury the alternate hotel turned out to be a 3rd rate hotel at half the price. The final straw was after verbally telling me they were going to cover all three nights, it turns out they only approved the first night and left me with a bill for the rest. I was shocked. It is easy to give good reviews when everything goes well, but the real test of customer service is how they handle the situation when things go wrong, in this case it was a total fail, not once, not twice, but three times.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Dear N1KRider,
Thank you for sharing your experience you had with a walk situation you had with our hotel. I am very sorry that we had to put you at another local property. It is never our intent to have our guests stay at a competitor, however there are occasions where this unfortunate situation occurs. As the new general manager of the hotel it looks like I need to conduct some training with the guest service agent in regard to how many nights you were to have stayed at the other hotel. Our goal is to always bring back our guests the remaining nights of their stay unless they choose to stay at the hotel that we moved them to, This may be why you were billed for the remaining 2 nights of your stay at this hotel. If your return to our property was not clearly presented by the agent I am very sorry about this. It is customary for a hotel to pay for one night's room and tax when we have to move a guest to a different hotel, which we did in your case, but we will only pay for the remaining nights of a multiple day reservation if we cannot bring you back to stay with us, which we could. If you would like to send me the copy of your hotel bill I will be happy to reimburse you for those nights. I am sorry that the hotel we put you in was subpar to ours. These walk situations happen rarely and I hope you reconsider your stance as to not staying at another Courtyard by Marriott or our hotel.
South Pasadena, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

Stayed for a week with business over near Eldridge. There are back-ways vs trying to cross traffic in AM to make u-turn.
Pros: all staff pitches including sales people pitch in to try and get everyone's breakfast/coffee orders going in morning as fast as possible. room furnishings were in good condition. It is quiet near back area (3 level) of hotel. Wi-fi good for back of hotel. Points members get b'fast choice in AM (Starbucks coffee not included in drink choice).
Cons: horrible A/C's. one person in trip had to switch rooms for non-working A/C only to get one that could never turn off, another could never get the room cold, seemed to be the one thing everyone had a gripe about. Cookies at check-in have no flavor. Very limited dine in menu at night-time and it takes awhile.
Room Choice: If you get a room near the back of the hotel be prepared for a very long walk to the lobby in the morning. You can cut through outside sidewalk if weather is ok.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Dear upintheairgirl,
Thank you for taking th time to share your experience with us. I am sorry your stay and your colleague's stay were met with less than stellar A/C's. We are currently in the process of performing preventative maintenance on all of our units so they run quieter and are more efficient.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and our property. I hope that next time you travel to the Houston area you give us another opportunity to serve you.
Calgary, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

Only stayed one night doing hotel hopping. Used downstairs conference room for a course late February. The room was OK but not as nice as the common/conference area may appear. Didn't use any of the facilities. Weekend rate was decent. Careful with the water tap handle, it pinches your hand to the marble. The entire hotel seem to be not very noise proof. My room was top floor (3) and to the south so away from Dairy Ashford and I10 but still noisy. My room on the 3rd floor of Holiday Inn Express across the street facing I10 was quieter.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
      Cleanliness
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
Dear Chunerrrr,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay. I am sorry that you had noise issues with your room and our water handle pinched you. The location of the property does get noisy sometimes depending on the time of day. We are actually in the process of coming up with a solution to minimizing the noise in the rooms with storm windows or another solution.
Thank you for your patronage to our property. We hope to have you back as our guest the next time you travel to the Houston area.
Fredericksburg, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2013

Brief two night stay. Check in and out was effortless. Clean and contemporary with best prices in town. While the breakfast is extra, it is cooked to order and offers healthy choices. Rooms were spacious and recently remodeled. Very comfortable!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back have no freeway noise