“Professional & clean”

Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor
Ranked #150 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed for 1 night around July 4th. We had booked through Priceline, and I was somewhat apprehensive upon reading some Priceline travelers' experiences with hotel stays (in general).

No reason for worry at this hotel. The receptionist was as delightful and courteous as one would expect from a five star hotel. The room was clean and fully functional, though the window A/C somewhat tired. WiFi included, which was not the case at a much more upscale hotel in the Galleria area. Good experience overall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Spent 1 nite only--thankfully. Hotel was clean, altho older. Employee at front desk was professional and parking adequate. However---this was quite possibly the worst mattress my husband or I had ever seen. It was lumpy, had an extreme "dip" in the middle, and was overly soft. The pillows were as flat as pancakes. Obviously, they were well-used. After a poor nite's sleep, we vowed to never stay here again despite the convenient location for our trips to Houston.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Tricia A,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at my hotel. I am sorry to read that you found that mattress to be less than comfortable. I know that's the main reason you stay at a hotel is to get a good night's rest at it appears we missed this important goal in relation to your stay. Mattress firmness/softness is subjective to each individual and sometimes our guest's like our mattresses and sometimes they don't, as in your case. I am sorry this one experience has caused you to shy away from ever staying with us again, I just ask that you reconsider so we can show you that maybe another bed in our hotel might be more to your liking.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This location is well-run. But, it has been around for a long time and it Is a bit dated. The rooms can be a hike and parking a challenge if the "convention center" is in use for a group or a church meeting. Still, location is excellent with good restaurants nearby, easy access to I-10 Katy Freeway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Getjohn,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience about your stay with us. Yes, our church group on Sunday's do fill up the parking lot in the front, but thankfully they are only with us for a few hours. I appreciate your patronage and look forward to a return visit from you.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is an OK hotel. They have very limited services, but there are some offerings on the surrounding area.

The bed was not that good. At first, it seems very comfortable, but it's just too soft.

If you can choose the bedroom, choose one that is not facing the highway.

Room Tip: Far from the highway.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear MarioLonghi,
I am sorry to read that our bed was too soft for you during your stay. If you find that to be the case in the future you can request a bed board to be put between the box spring and the mattress to firm it up for you. I understand your noise concerns when your room faces the highway. I aprpeciate you staying with us and hopefully we will have you as our guest again.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great location with all that Courtyard has to offer - friendly service, clean rooms and a nice bistro setting with ample seating. Close to Energy Corridor - can take the I-10 service roads to avoid dealing with bumper to bumper rush hour traffic.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear RPTX,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that everything about your stay was met to your satisfaction. Hopefully we'll have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

There was nothing special about this motel. My room was clean. My bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly. But that's how it should be. It is showing its age, though. The location was convenient to my meetings. The "bistro" is fair, almost like fast food, and pricey. The lobby was good size with plenty of seating. Some good places to eat near by. I'll probably stay here again if I go back to Houston.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear amexpress,
Thank you for sharing your experience about your recent stay at my hotel. Our goal is to give you a positive memorable experience and from what I read we just gave you an average one. I apologize that we failed you in achieving our goal with you. I know that shoudl you return to my hotel that you will find a different experience next time.
I appreciate your patronage to Marriott Hotels and Resorts and my property.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

i've been staying at that hotel for two weeks and was deeply disappointed. Constant problems with the shuttle-bus, it was either late (and traffics were not a reason) or even forgot to pick us up from the office. Housekeepers were giggling and speaking sooo loudly all day long in the corridors, though there were lots of "don't disturb" labels on the doors. There were not bathrobes and slippers in the room. A bottle of still water was $2.50 . Wi-fi was usually slow or even down. One more point was that the bistro was working till 10 am, so you won't be able to have a cup of coffe till 5 pm if you are in the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014
Steve R, General Manager at Courtyard Houston I-10 West/Energy Corridor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear BTBH,
Thank you for taking the time to chare your experience about your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that your experience was less than satisfactory. I will be addressing your shuttle concerns and the loud housekeeping staff so we can eliminate these issues for future guests. Unfortunately, Courtyard hotels do not have bathrobes and slippers as a standard amenity and therefore we do not offer these. We are addressing our internet options and look to have a resolultion before the end of next month. Apparently there must have been some miscommunication about the availability of coffee in our lobby so I will clarify this. We have coffee available 24 hours a day, just not complimentary coffee, and after the Bistro is closed our guest service agents are responsible for the delivery of any coffee needs to our guests. We also offer complimentary individual cup brewing in your room.
I appreciate you staying with us and I hope the issues addressed above will move you to giving us another opportunity to serve you the next time you travel to the Houston area.