“Loved Einstein bagels in the lobby”

Hyatt Regency Houston
Ranked #35 of 506 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange, California
“Loved Einstein bagels in the lobby”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I was here or a conference, room was nice and I slept great. Loved the fact that I was able to get a good espresso drink and fresh Einstein bagel any time of the day.
Also had breakfast one morning at the restaurant and the best part was the amazing friendly service.
The bar was nice and relaxing with the open air space annex the hotel lobby.

Room Tip: Always remember to ask for room far from elevator, I do now and sleep much better.
Green Features: The one practice I noticed was having proper glasses for water in all the meeting rooms. That is all I noticed.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ceci_Trovels

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (270)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed here on business for 4 nights and was very satisfied on the whole. There were a few issues that affected my stay, but these are with regards to the food provision only and the service that accompanied this aspect.
The decor is of very high specification with the internal atrium providing a very contemporary setting.
My room was very comfortable and overlooked downtown.

BREAKFAST:
Compared with all other hotels I stay in, the buffet breakfast was disappointing in that it doesn't offer much choice. There is the usual fried egg and bacon or scrambled eggs and that's just about it.
The cold section is very basic with only 2-3 selection of fresh fruit, no tubs of yogurt - just a large pot which tends to be the same flavour every day. Apart from this, there are a few pastries but that's it!. I guess they try to make you order from the breakfast menu which is an additional charge if you're on a B & B basis.

LOBBIBAR MENU:
Very limited. This was VERY DISAPPOINTING. I have a special dietary issue and there was NO alternatives for me (gluten free). My meal eventually arrived with two spare ribs in the centre - Nothing else as they use gluten apparently in everything. The waitress was quite rude and failed to inform me that the price was still the same as the full meal consisting of fries etc. She was actually quite insulting when I questioned this meal.

SPINDLETOP RESTRAUNT:
Great place for sightseeing and a novelty way of dining. Very pleasant surrounding. Food quality very good - excellent and price reasonably good for the quality.
Service was ok, but felt a bit bothered by the constant checking of the waitress.

CONCIERGE:
These guys were FANTASTIC and a pleasure to be in their company.

CHECK - IN:
Pleasant staff, but made me wait 10 - 15 minutes whilst they went through all of the booking documents for my company booking (usually doesn't take this long anywhere else).

SWIMMING POOL:
Very nice and pleasant surroundings, but could be more relaxing if they turned down the music which they have almost full volume right beside the pool.

OVERALL:
Would stay here again and hope they have improved their food provision.

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors and ask for a view of downtown.
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to provide us with such a thorough review. We are so glad you were able to enjoy the food and view at Spindletop, and that the staff at our Concierge Desk delighted you during your time in Houston. We were disappointed to hear about your concerns regarding our breakfast buffet and LobbiBar menus, but we will be sure to discuss this with our Food and Beverage Director in order to provide great items to all of our guests. Again, thank you so much for your review, and we look forward to your next trip to the Hyatt Regency Houston!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I had a room on the 9th floor. It was very comfortable and clean. The staff was friendly. I found two sets of new, unused earplugs in the nightstand but had no need for them. I will stay here again if I have business in the downtown area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank claytonj2014
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hyatt Regency Houston. We are delighted to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and clean, as cleanliness is one of our biggest priorities. While we place earplugs in the room as a precaution, we are pleased that you didn't have a need for them. Thank you again for your comments, we look forward to your next visit to Houston!
Calgary
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Met my expectation of high quality, good sized gym and nicely appointed room. Innovative room service menu on the in room TV Monitor and far more extensive than I would expect.

But the best thing is being able to use the tunnels so he humidity does not destroy your hair!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review! We are so happy to hear that you were able to use our fitness center and enjoy In-Room Dining; we will share your great comments with our Leadership Committee. We take advantage of the tunnels everyday, our associates love being safe from the Houston heat and humidity too! Again, thank you for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back soon.
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I stayed here as part of a business conference and it was extremely convenient because of the sky bridge. The hotel was actually pretty cool, as you can see from other users’ photos. The staff was extremely nice and very helpful. The rooms were comfortable, the only complaint I had was paying for Wi-Fi.

Room Tip: There are only a few restaurants in the area that open past 4.
Green Features: I honestly didn't care or notice and I have to put something here for those people who care.
Milano, Italia
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Location is perfect to travel from Downtown to Reliant by Metro Tram. Shula Restaurant still good quality. Hotel is always very noisy, even if rooms are comfortable, but earplugs should probably be part of the standard room amenities.

1 Thank Agoefilo
Tom J, Manager at Hyatt Regency Houston, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback. We are thrilled to learn that you liked Shula's, but are disappointed to hear that the noise level took away from your enjoyment of our hotel. We are currently working on a soundproofing project and hope to welcome you back soon so you can experience the enhancements!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Here's a quick rundown from my recent stay for a business trip.
The good:
Location - in the heart of downtown Houston and within walking distance of my work building.
Food - I had room service one night which was delivered promptly and was delicious. I also bought coffee and egg and cheese bagels from the Einstein Brothers at the lobby. The mojito from the lobby bar was ok and during happy hour had free wonton snacks available.
Service - people at the front desk were nice and housekeeping replaced my towels everyday.
The bad and the ugly:
Room - it was a clean room in the tenth floor and five doors down from the elevator bank. I heard the constant ding of the elevators plus the noise from the lobby bar downstairs from my room. No wonder they provide earplugs in the room! I had to turn on the air to drown out the noise. Perhaps if my room was on a higher floor it wouldn't have bothered me.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators and choose a higher floor than 10th
1 Thank TravelJunkees