“tons of mold growing in the a/c unit inside the bathroom” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport

Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport
Ranked #42 of 497 Hotels in Houston
Washington, DC
“tons of mold growing in the a/c unit inside the bathroom”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

I stayed her on a business trip and the a/c unit was housed inside the bathroom and blew the air out the other side into the bedroom. This is fine, except that the a/c unit apparently didn't drain properly and there was mold, tons of mold, growing all along the wall in the bathroom where the a/c unit box met the wall. I can only imagine how much mold was growing inside that box if it was coming out along the wall. As soon as I discovered this, I checked out of this hotel.

Note that I am a Hilton Honors members and I have written both the Hilton Honors customer service as well as submitted a review to Hilton online and have received NO response at all from Hilton. Totally unacceptable.

Luckily I am not allergic to mold, but I can imagine that this could make someone who is very, very sick. This in not just gross, it's a health hazard and the fact that Hilton decides to not even acknowledge my complaints makes it that much worse.

I ended up staying at the Westin Galleria for the rest of my business trip and although it meant I had to commute to my office, I was glad to do so to get away from this property. If staying in Houston, do yourself a favor and check in someplace else if you value your health.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank James C
DTHouston, General Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
James C,
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. We’re sorry you encountered housekeeping problems. Dirty rooms are not typical at our hotel, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. I understand your concern regarding possible mold in the room, after inspecting the room we found that it was actually dust build up from the A/C unit that had collected on the A/C panel covers. We have discussed this with our staff and will make every effort to be sure our rooms meet the highest housekeeping standards. Please give us a second chance if you visit our area in the future. Please feel free to give me a call to discuss 281-848-4010.

Patti Patenaude

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Charlotte, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

Just got done with a long stay at this hotel.

It checks all the boxes, clean enough, rooms not bad, good shuttle service. Best bits are free parking and superb service from ALL members of staff.

I would gladly stay again

Richard CLT,

We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Houston.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed here since we had to catch an early morning flight and this hotel is on the access road to Houston-IAH airport enabling us to avoid Houston commuter traffic. The room was spacious and the bedding was very comfortable and clean. Bathroom was large and well appointed. We arrived late and the front desk clerk was extremely polite and helpful. Only annoyance is that this brand hotel does not have a convenient breakfast buffet nor is their breakfast included in the price. Would be nice to grab and go on the way to the airport. Of course the price reflects its location. It was very easy to return our rental car at the centralized rental car location just down the road on the way to the terminal. We picked up a bus to our concourse. Great place if you want no hassles on the way to catch your flight.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Cara S,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I apologize the restaurant was not open before you had to leave for your flight. We open the restaurant at 6am each morning and we do have a full buffet breakfast. We also have a Starbucks coffee bar that opens at 6am for coffee and quick grab-and-go options. We hope to see you again on your next flight out of IAH.
Oak Ridge, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed here for a quick overnight stay before leaving town the following morning.

My room was in a cute corner of the hotel with an unusual window but it wasn't a problem for me. If you want/need a large window in your room I recommend you ask for that specifically.

The staff was friendly, courteous and speedy.

I'd stay here again if I need a hotel by IAH.

Norcross, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

Staff very professional, food selection and quality very appropiate. Rooms in excellent conditions and priced very reasonably.I will definately stayed there next time traveling to the Houston area in business.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
DTHouston, General Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
Fernando P,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us. I am so glad to hear you had a pleasant experience. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Houston.
Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I had a very clean room, comfortable bed, and quiet location! More single coffee and condiment packs would have been nice. Our business meetings comfortable. The meals were fantastic!Starbuck's was closed on Sunday...unfortunate.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DTHouston, General Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Katherine G,

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay. We really appreciate the feedback! We hope to see you again soon.
Bryan, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

Facility could use some updating. Park n Fly very convenient for our annual vacation. Restaurant handy, Ribs tasted old, were tough. The Starbucks coffee counter apparently not open on Sundays which was a real downer for those of us who had to get up early to make our flight. The location is great for airport needs.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DTHouston, General Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
DSB407,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I have passed your comments on to the Chef regardiing the ribs. I apologize we did not have staff at the Starbucks Sunday monring. For future reference we do have staff in the restaurant who can assit with coffeee in Starbucks. We are excited about some upcoming projects scheduled for this year and next year for property upgrades. I hope that you will try us again on your next visit though Houston and see the changes we have made!