Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport
US$420
US$332
US$238
US$229
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$451
US$303
US$293
1,101 results
All reviewsdouble treefront deskwarm cookiestaco belljack in the boxthe shuttle drivernext morningrental carroom was clean and comfortableshort staybreakfast buffetenjoyed my stayfree shuttlestayed one nightbusiness tripfitness centeriah
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I stayed at the DoubleTree Hotel at Houston Intercontinental Airport on Feb. 21 and 22 to attend a conference. My room was complimentary of the host conference, but they asked for a "credit card" upon check in to "keep on file". I gave them my debit card, but what they failed to tell me was they immediately targeted/charged my card for $100.00 without my authorization! I didn't know until I checked my account online when I returned home the day of check out. When I called the hotel, they told me it would be 3 or 4 days before the charges would be placed back in my account. I was livid! Additionally, the two nights we stayed there, our toilet overflowed... so badly that we were afraid to go to the bathroom most of the stay. The service at the hotel was also very bad. I asked the concierge for a different toaster for the breakfast pastries our conference was providing for attendees (ours was broken). He abruptly told me to "Tell them"--motioning to the front desk. There were several people in line and I had no time to wait, as I was working the registration booth. At least he did finally show up with a toaster. Later that day, we had lunch at the deli buffet--which was overpriced. The server sat us down and gave us our drinks and NEVER returned! I had to ask another server for refills on our drinks and then I had to track her down to pay out. It was typical pay at the table, but I stood at the entrance for several minutes looking for her to pay out. I was late getting back to my group as a result. I could easily have walked away--and I should have. On Saturday, a large group of us had dinner in the Oakley restaurant in the hotel. Our server that night (different person) was rude to the entire group. I only had water and asked for her several times and she rudely told me, "I was already coming to you when you called me." Well, she didn't respond and when she did, she was very rude. Someone in our group paid for the entire group, and I don't know if they complained or not, but the entire stay was not fun. Our conference was wonderful, but the stay and the service were not good--especially for a higher end hotel. I would prefer a Holiday Inn any day!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Mark_Sampsell, General Manager at Doubletree Houston Intercontinental Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night in a double room. The rooms were pretty standard--however there were some stains on my comforter. The property is huge and the lobby is a but outdated but it seems they will be renovating it soon.

Pros:
Barbara at the front desk is the warmest and most hospitable person I have ever met working at a hotel. She knew exactly what I wanted before I even had to ask!
Shuttle service to and from the airport and proximity to the airport
COOKIES!
business center--you can print your boarding passes!

Cons:
I think the price is pretty steep for what you get
Stains on my comforter

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We stayed here one night 2 weeks ago when we had a layover in Houston. The hotel was nice (we were barely there) but Barbara at reception was amazing. When I called down asking about the cookies (or lack of) in the room, she apologized and said they unfortunately ran out. When I said I was disappointed, she s

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amykap
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Given a disabled users room, I am able bodied. Very sub-standard, broken sink, sink waste blocked, shower not suitable for standing up in. Sound insuation from other rooms very poor. Very poor standard all round

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are very sorry that you weren’t happy with your guestroom during your recent trip. We try to accommodate all reservations but occasionally we can’t meet every room request. Please give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Staff is awesome!. Good looking, smiling at all times... It may need a general refurbish, but it is ok for short stay. Restaurant is small and have few options. Courtesy water only first day, then nothing if you didn't ask for it... Little details that need to take care of to get a better experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton