“great location and staff”

JW Marriott Houston
Ranked #32 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
West Hartford, Connecticut
“great location and staff”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were pleased with our first stay, with great staff in all interactions such as check in, breakfast, desert, and check out. Our rooms were clean and spacious. The hotel is right across from the galleria and there are many restaurants in the area. My minor gripe, since I knew at booking, are extra fees for parking (mostly worth it) and Internet (too high) .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Int_Bus_Travel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I spend a lot of time in houston for work. My office isn't far from the hotel. It has a very good gym, smaller pool and the staff is always very friendly. When you go out for dinner, there are tons of options nearby.... Check with the concierge first as you can get free shuttle service to nearby restaurants and they quiet often have special coupons for free drinks, desert etc. the hotel is also conveniently located across from a very large mall.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Manlius, New York
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Very nice Marriott property. I am not a regular in Houston, so I found it a little difficult to navigate, but I am sure if you are use to the area it shouldn't be so bad. I parked in the garage - big mistake. The entrance to the under ground garage is hard to find around back. The spaces are VERY small. I am sure that many cars leave there with small dings and dents from others car doors. I highly recommend that you valet your car.
Front staff was excellent. Very friendly and actually quite funny. Good young group of people. Room was very nice, clean and bathroom was nice size. Very good concierge lounge. Nice spread fro breakfast.
As my travels will be taking me to Houston more often, I will return to this property. However, I will definitely be using the valet parking.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank syrsteel
Cotonou, Benin
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Been in Texas on a pre wedding trip and stayed in Houston for a week. JW Marriott is just an excellent hotel, very quiet, comfortable and detailed rooms. View on the city is also worth the stay...
Across the road from the Galleria shopping mall and best buy is not far neither for the electronics fans on Richmond avenue...

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jon_boy24
Julia T, Manager at JW Marriott Houston, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Thank your for your review!

I apologize for your initial experience, however, I am thrilled to see that our associates recovered quickly and that you enjoyed your stay at the JW Galleria.

We hope you allow us the opportunity host you again, when traveling to this area!

Warm Regards,

Julia Turcotte
Director of Hotel Operations
New
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a night with some friends. First off, the hotel staff sent us to a room which hadn't finished being cleaned yet. They apologized and gave us a bigger room and some marriott points which was nice. The concierge lounge is nice, and the lobby is nice as well.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
San Antonio
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The location was excellent. It is located across the street from the Galleria Mall and within walking distance or a short drive to many restaurants within all price ranges. The self-parking spots are small and cramped so be aware if you are driving a large vehiclke or SUV. We decided to valet and it was excellent. It was also nice to have a Starbucks in the lobby. The only con is that it is small and doesnt carry all of the food items of a larger Starbucks. Also be aware that not all of the rooms have a mini-fridge although the cabinets in the room were built to hold one. We asked about having a fridge brought up to nour room but we were told that they ran out. We were informed that a fridge would only be provided if there was a medical need for one. We were also told that we needed to request a fridge in advance. However, we were not informed of this when we booked nor is it listed anywhere on the hotel website. In general, the hotel employees were very nice and attentive.

Room Tip: If you need a mini-fridge, request it at the time you book your stay.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RobertSATX
Julia T, Manager at JW Marriott Houston, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Hi RobertSATX!

Thank you for your review!

It was so nice to hear your positive comments about our location, the excellent valet experience and our staff service, I appreciate the great feedback!

You are correct, we do not have refrigerators in all guest rooms, however, I am excited to share that we are beginning a comprehensive renovation this year, and the scope of the project includes elevators, escalators, guest rooms with reconfigured bathrooms (which makes the room much larger), refrigerators in all rooms, new televisions, a new health club, and more.

As a native San Antonian myself, I warmly welcome you back to Houston, and hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again at the JW Marriott Galleria!

Warm Regards,

Julia Turcotte
Director of Hotel Operations
uk
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Location, service and rooms we good. Beds very comfortable.
The bar downstairs was a bit slow with the service and a bit pricy but you do not have to walk far to find other places to eat and drink
Right across from the Galleria mall with loads of shopping.
Starbucks on site but only open from 6-11am.
Breakfast was amazing full service very nice.

Room Tip: Request one away form the lifts
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple