“Nothing went right”

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites
2  Thank A Wyndham traveler

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We checked in about 9:30 Pm on the date of our reservation and found the place to be filthy! There were garbage bags all over the lawns around the Hotel. We refused the first room they tried to give us because it so dirty. There was black mold at the bottom of the curtains and half the furniture in the room was gone. The second room was not much better, only 1 light fixture in the bathroom was in working order and we had to have maintenance to our room every day! They told us that the occupants to the room before us stole everything. We asked for bathroom tissue and were told that they don't supply that! The pool looked as if it had not been cleaned in a year, the water was milky and you could not see thru to the bottom of the pool. They did leave it open! That's a serious health issue. The first night there there were 5 cars broken into in the parking lot one being mine. The managers first comment to me is that they aren't responsible! Also they supposedly have a security guard. If they had a rating lower than the one I gace it I would have coosen that!

Room Tip: Don't stay there no matter what the price.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Joe G
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I tend to have a soft heart for businesses that are family-owned and run. However, I will be careful to not allow that to cloud my objectiveness for this review. The hotel on the exterior is well-maintained, including beautiful landscaping. Even on the inside, there is evidence of effort to try and bring this very old property up to current standards. I will not nit-pick on what I call minor eyesores, as again, it appeared that they are actively in the process of trying to bring it up to modern standards. Our room appeared clean, and the beds were comfortable. The room did not look picture perfect, but everything worked. Well, almost everything. The advertised "free wifi" didn't. When I mentioned my probably with logging on the next day while I was checking out, I was told that they are aware of a problem with their modem. The property had a pool, but we didn't see anyone use it. Perhaps, the non-use was because the water was cloudy looking.
Now, breakfast was a tremendous let down. Wyndham advertises on this hotels webpage this about what will be available at breakfast: "Baymont Breakfast corner will include freshly brewed coffee; tea; minimum of 2 milk choices; orange and one additional fruit juice; variety of baked goods such as muffins, danish pastries and sweet rolls. Bagels, biscuits and choice of 2 types of bread; waffles and french toast, fruit basket, individual yogurt and a variety of hot and cold cereals."
In real life, this is what was served: regular brewed coffee, whole milk only, tampico (fake orange drink), white bread for toast, margarine, big communal jars of peanut butter and jelly, and generic honeycomb and froot loop cereals.
I ended up having to buy my wife (who can not eat white bread) breakfast after we left the hotel.
Personally, if I knew that they had brought their breakfast up to the Wyndham Baymont standard and fixed the wifi, I wouldn't have a problem staying there again.
That being said, this property at the present time, even if the breakfast and wifi was fixed, would probably be a "one-star." It is not a Hilton, or a Sheraton, and probably not quite up to a LaQuinta. It is a old motel being brought up to modern standards, as best as it can be. But, it served our purposes, except for the "breakfast", and wifi.
If you're thinking about giving it a go, I'd call first to ask about the breakfast and wifi.

Room Tip: The property has added two elevators, but I don't know how much more accessible it is than that.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel last year and it was ok; rebooked for this year and stayed here last week and was appalled. Hotel allows for tenants that pay weekly who are drug dealers and prostitutes and degenerates., We had to move rooms 3 times due to noise, WIFI issues, and cleanliness. Breakfast last year was fruit, bagels, yogurt, and juices, This year bread and peanut butter and jelly FROM A JAR! Literally watched some little kid lick the knife and put it back in the jar. Nightly fights and profanity heard throughout the hotel from the "residents". Witnessed a skinny dip session in the totally green pool our second night there, and at check out there were two police offices who saw me at the front desk with my kids and thought I was checking in. They actually told me to go some place else because my kids were not safe on the premises. Brought all of this to the attention of the Manager who was gracious and said that they had recently changed owners and they were trying to clean up. But until then at the advice of the Houston P.D. Please stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you must stay here insist on room 200 which is their only interior room right above the office an...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank AndreaBobbysmom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

For the record, this is the first review I've made on anything, ever. I wasn't going to leave here without letting the world know to stay away from this hotel. Take your money elsewhere! First of all,they must have Photoshopped the online pictures,because they look nothing like the website! Don't be fooled! We were on third floor and had to use stairs in the summer heat. Elevators are placed inconveniently. The beds,floors,walls,sheets,curtains were dirty. Took a drive down to Galveston, came back to the room, and there was a roach under the sheets when I pulled the sheets back!!! The bathroom door had a hook drilled into the top of the door, and could not close our bathroom door all the way. Vanity light switch did not work, nor did several of the other lights in the room, even after going down to the front desk and getting brand new bulbs to replace them. Two outlets did not work, making it difficult for us to iron or charge our cell phones. Speaking of iron, ours did not work, trip number 13 back down to the front desk for an iron. We asked for clean towels, she brought us dirty wash towels covered with mascara and lipstick. We asked for a smoking room, there was no ash tray. Somehow our door key didn't work and we had to reactivate them at the front desk. This is not something you will want to do, in this area at night.
This is not to mention the noise, from the hoodlums swarming the walkways late at night. We had a man drinking a 24 Oz beer at 2 in the afternoon approach us and ask us if he could ride with us downtown! This place is infested with drug addicts, even had a man tell us he had just smoked wet, so to forgive him if he started tripping. You will NOT be comfortable here, at all. There are much nicer and affordable hotels just right around the corner, so take your time to research, we wish we would have!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank makeeshabentley1
Reviewed 2 July 2014

breakfast was bread, peanut butter & jelly in the jars and everyone dug in!!!
they gave someone else a key to our room and they walk in, not knowing we were in there in the afternoon. they said they thought we checked out, when we just checked in an hour before.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Brad B