“MY REVIEW” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Houston

Days Inn Houston
Ranked #311 of 501 Hotels in Houston

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Washington Dc
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We reserved this room in July 2014 because my boyfriend and I wanted a hotel room closer to a wedding we were attending rather than where the hotel block was half an hour from the venue. Checking in was fairly easily and we were able to park right in front of the room. When we opened the door to our room, it had a very commercial odor. The bed was semi-comfortable and the lighting in the room seemed quite drab. The floor was redone in the bathroom, but the tub was a little old and the toilet was quite old (the bowl was scratched while made it seem a little yucky). I finished my shower and there was a small roach in the tub with me, so I don't know if it was in the towel or if it came from somewhere else. When I woke up from my mid-day nap (before attending a 7pm wedding), I thought there was another one crawling on me, but I quickly over-reacted and shooed it off of me, so it very well may have been a piece of fuzz and I will never know. My nap was disturbed by a large vacuum or blower right outside of my door. The breakfast was a little limited and even though the breakfast items were in a warmer, the food wasn't very warm. I enjoyed the tea/coffee dispenser, but there were no outlets in the lounge to charge my phone while I ate breakfast. There is a ample parking, I did not get to use the pool, but saw people in it, and it was very close to a great Mexican restaurant that served awesome food and the most awesome frozen margarita. However, I have no need to ever stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

daysinnhoustontx, Webmaster at Days Inn Houston, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways, especially since we satisfy so many others every night. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Hotel Manager