“From one Associate to Another” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Houston Marriott West Loop by The Galleria

Houston Marriott West Loop by The Galleria
Ranked #61 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Jacksonville, Florida
“From one Associate to Another”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is my first review myself for trip advisor...and the main reason I wanted to do so was because I know how helpful they are to the staff at the hotel, and to current and future guest. I also wanted to make sure the WILLIAM (a new front desk associate, that recently came over from their restaurant) got recognized for his FANTASTIC service! He would be the reason I choose this hotel over any other in the Houston area in the future.

I am the Group Rooms Coordinator for the Renaissance Resort at the World Golf Village, and chose to stay at this property while I was in Houston for a Wedding, Since I am a Marriott employee my rate was a definite plus! I had a few changes to my reservation prior to check in and during my stay, and the staff was very accommodating. The hotel is VERY nice, and the staff overall is very good. I stayed in rooms 514 & 516, which was close to the elevator and had a nice view of the pool, and a loft area which looked like it was used for Wedding receptions. The room was nice, clean, and the bed was VERY comfortable. The hotel is close to everything that we needed and had a FREE shuttle to anything with-in 3 miles (including the Galleria Mall). Prior to check-in I was alerted on my Marriott app for my Marriott Rewards account that I could pre-check in and my keys would be ready when I arrived (which they were...also with a personalized letter that welcomed me to the hotel and gave a list of useful amenities, such as the shuttle). Parking was very great, a garage attached to the convention center, which was very convenient and secure!

Great stay overall and I hope to come back again sometime!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HospitalityChris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We are new to the area and were pleasantly surprised to discover two of Houston's best kept restaurant secrets are located in this hotel in close proximity to my husband's job - the Alexander Restaurant and the Fairways Lounge. While the food is delicious at both and both provide for a great atmosphere, what keeps us coming back is the OUTNGSTANDING SERVICE we receive EVERY TIME we eat at either. In the Alexander Restaurant, Alice, Mimi, and Melita, not only serve us in a professional manner, they mix it with a warmth and friendliness that let's us know they really are glad we came to have our breakfast or lunch with them. Plus, their smiles are infectious! You can tell they enjoy their jobs and they do them exceptionally well! (A credit not only to them but also to their supervisor, Glenn Brown, who we have met several times as he came out to greet not only us, but all the guests, to ensure all was well and to help out if need be). All the staff really do have a way of making you feel at home! We were so impressed with the Alexander Restaurant for breakfast and lunch, we decided to try the Fairways Lounge for dinner. Tarsha and the other Fairways staff serve us with the exact same professionalism mixed with warmth and friendliness. They too go out of their way to make us feel at home. (Plus Tarsha makes the best margarita in town although she humbly gives the fresh lime juice all the credit!). Because of the outstanding service provided by the staff, the great atmosphere and the delicious food, even though we are locals, these two eateries have quickly become two of our favorite places to have breakfast, lunch, or dinner!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
india
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Nice hotelm close to the shopping center and restaurants. Th elounge is goodd but would be even better if they cater to vegetarians also. In this era there are enough folsk who are vegetarians and catering to their needs will go a long way.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2013

I've only stayed here a small handful of times, but as a Marriott Platinum member, this is quickly becoming my favorite property when in Houston - which is often. The parking is fairly accessible, and the "Fairways" bartenders are attentive, but the highlight of my visit is the Concierge Lounge associate, Amber.... from Cathedral City, CA. I've seen many a lounges in my travels, and the majority of them are one in the same, but Amber is truly passionate about making sure the guests are attended to. Conversational and very polite, it's a joy to stay there. She may even let you use her own stapler if you're in a bind...

Great location, clean, and while it has a slightly older feel to many other Marriott hotels, it's a pleasant experience. You will waste a bit of time waiting on elevators, though.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

The staff goes above and beyond to make you feel at home and is very reasonable when requesting additional amenities. Clean, internet works, cable is good, showers are hot, beds are comfortable. Just what I need for a business trip

Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Positive
-The quickest check in ever within less than 5 minutes
- Clean room and very comfortable bed
- Location is near the Galleria and Oak walk

Negative
- Small room and bathroom with view to indoor swimming pool really not private
- Noisy air condition
- Old furniture
- Slow elevators

• Stayed October 2013
Pecos, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I was privileged to sample a few gluten free items that will be on their upcoming menu.to be released at the end of November. The two items that I sampled were a chicken arugula salad and a quinoa dish. I confess, I am amazed at how wonderfully delicious these two dishes were. The chiefs that the West Loop are artists and have created items that those with and without gluten allergies can enjoy.

I've been waiting for a hotel to do this and now I have one. I wish all Marriott hotels would have this offering.

I love this hotel, and not I love them even more. Thank you, thank you, thank you