“Amazing Staff”

Houston Marriott West Loop by The Galleria
Ranked #26 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I traveled here for business earlier this week, and I got a surprise. It was their five star staff. I came into the hotel and it began to pour. They took my keys and brought my car under the awning and gave me an umbrella to borrow. I was given a single woman valet rate that was the same price as self park so that I wouldn't have to go into the garage on my own. The valet had my car out in 2-3 min every time as promised. When switching to another car for dinner, they took my laptop and stowed it for me so I wouldn't have to take it to my room, which was spotless. This hotel was delightful. I have stayed in 100's of Marriott's over the years, who would have thought that a Business Hotel in Houston would be the best?

Room Tip: 610 can be a bit loud, a high floor is a good idea if you are a light sleeper. They offer 1875 watt...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stay in a lot of hotels on sales trips and I have to say that this one stands out in my mind due entirely to one staff member. While I have always been treated courteously by every member of the staff, Amber in the lounge has always greeted me with a smile, a helping hand and just enough wry humor to lighten a long day.
I'm not sure how she can treat every person in the lounge as if they are the only one who matters but I have seen her do it with my own eyes every time I stay here. She may be a witch but, if so, she is using her powers for awesome.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Immediately upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted with superb customer service by the unbelievably friendly staff. The personnel at the front desk offered us sangria while we checked-in and had champagne and strawberries waiting in our room. The 12th floor concierge lounge was incredible! They are friendly and make you feel right at home! Amber always greeted us with a friendly smile on her face that was completely contagious! The chef prepared delicious daily snacks and the hors d'oeuvres (fisherman's soup) were out of this world! We would come back in a heartbeat just for the food and service!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very nice place.very nice workers. They had champagne in the room waiting on us. And strawberries. Great location, close to all the places we needed to go to. I will stay here again. The rooms were very clean. Thanks

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I recently stayed at the Houston Marriott West Loop for a large conference. Upon checkin, the hotel upgraded me to a larger room. The staff was very, very friendly and helpful at every turn. I was pleased with the service for sure. The weight room was great and big enough to do whatever you needed. My only complaint was that the room had a horrible view of the building beside me, and the bathroom could have been a little bit cleaner.

Thanks Marriott for hiring such great staff to make up for the older hotel's minor flaws. :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed here this week for business - nice hotel with a great friendly front desk staff. Great location to get around Houston but a bit pricey - Rooms are your typical Marriott Full Service hotel room. Fairways Bar/Restaurant was ok - small limited menu but good service. Two downsides - one is the bathroom is very small and the door/toilet/shower are way too close and its uncomfortable in there not much you can do about that - 2nd AC which was great and cold but room was very humid and made my clothes damp. Other than that I would recommend staying here and will come back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2014

As my boss and I checked into the hotel, the employee at the desk asked if we liked beer and handed us a coaster to get a free beer at the hotel bar. Now that is customer service. The location was great and it was a very nice hotel. There is plenty of shopping and a nice park I was able to run around in the morning. I would certainly come back to to this hotel when visiting Houston.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business