“Wine and snacks from Conoco”

Omni Houston Hotel Westside
Ranked #43 of 508 Hotels in Houston
The Hague, The Netherlands
“Wine and snacks from Conoco”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

The Omni remains very much a favourite when in Houston and not only due to proximity to work. Good features are the pool which is well oriented towards the sun and has poolside service, the sprawling lobby with the big Koi pond which inspires a restful feeling, and the free and ample self parking around the hotel (favourite is the covered parking near the back entrance).

Food and wine come at upscale hotel prices, so a quick walk over to the very nearby Conoco station can help to obtain these essentials at a more normal price point.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hermes_NL

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Friendly Staff Close to running trails, right out the back door On site shop Pool for swimming All amenities you could ask for Active loyalty ambassador and program My business hotel of preference when staying in the West Energy corridor of Houston

New York
Reviewed 11 June 2014

So first thing you want to know is this hotel is on I-10. If you are in a room facing I-10 you will hear it, so try to avoid that. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful...they even comped my internet. I stayed on the third floor. The rooms were comfortable. My iron had to be replaced as it did not work and the second one they gave me barely worked. Breakfast was OK. If you are working in the area I would recommend this hotel, but I would also be willing to try something else.

2 Thank lakrav
Abilene, Texas
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Recently my wife and I visited our son in Houston and had reservations at the Omni near the Galleria. My family has been in the hotel business for umpteen years and this hotel is, without a doubt, one of the finest we have ever stayed in. We were "attacked" by the valet people upon arriving, who were so friendly and guided us to the front desk where we were then "attacked" by the very nice front desk staff and were checked-in in 2 minutes. As we were leaving the front desk a nice gentleman offered us a glass of champagne. We were then shown to our room were we were very pleased to find such a pleasant and clean atmosphere. I'm not sure why (maybe a package) but there was a very nice cheese tray waiting that was quite nice. AS soon as the bell man arrived with our luggage we asked for directions to the Galleria. He was more than willing to provide them but offered to drive us there in the complimentary van service which we took him up on. Not only did he take us but offered to pick us up once we were finished shopping, as well. The next day we enjoyed the swimming pool and the food and drinks you could have prepared at the pool by the very friendly pool attendant. Let me put it this way, The Damn Place is Great! I have always heard "What you get starts at the top". So, I imagine, the GM of this hotel is one of the best, because his staff is incredible.
Larry & Mary Ann Whitten

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
the woodlands, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Front desk amazing. You will be taken care of, valet, great, upgrade is given, Amazing Coi pond that extends the entire lobby that is great for everyone. Ask the front desk for food to feed fish. everything has been updated in 2012. Bar is beautiful. Friendly. Staff is friendly and helpful. Rooms are ok, beds are amazing, pillows are amazing. Only hotel I can leave my pillow at home. Dinner was very disappointing. Service was fine, but quality of food was not there. Morning breakfast was ok, but my teenage daughters went down by themselves and revieved horrible service. booooo

2 Thank Karen L
Louisiana
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Great place to stay! Great rates on weekends! You encounter really professional and nice people. Convenient to everything but you forget you are in Houston. Very serene! Me and my friends will come again soon!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here for 5 nights, and I loved it. The Hotel itself is nice and clean.
Like the lobby area with a little lake inside. Service was great and the staff were friendly as well.
Every request I had was completed in few minutes. The pool area is okay, and the workout room is enough to get you going in the morning. I was actually jogging every day in nearby park called Hershey's park. Before check in Lilly was helping me to move my reservation from one day to another due to plan change. Also wanted to mention Daniel at the guest service center who was very professional and always there to help..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo