“Excellent Place to Stay”

Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
Ranked #117 of 517 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Everything about our experience was excellent; from the moment we checked in to the moment we checked out. Beautiful rooms, great service and everything we needed right on the premises. Had a well rested night and then visited NASA for the day.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Yen M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Janet A,
On behalf of the entire staff I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out this review. We greatly value your feedback and we are very happy to know that everything was excellent about your stay. Our number one goal is customer satisfaction and we are thrilled to know that we accomplish just that. Have a great day and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need anything else.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake

Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business Friday night through Monday. The hotel staff was very friendly and the hotel rooms themselves were comfortable. My biggest complaint is; if you have a room facing the water, forget about getting a quiet nights sleep on the weekends. The whole weekend, each night large cigarette boats have docked right outside my window and blasted music until 1-2AM. Then you also have people yelling and screaming as well. Not against partying or having a good time, just don't do it right outside a hotel where people are trying to sleep. If you stay here, on a weekend, bring a sound machine or ear plugs.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Smoke1664
Yen M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Smoke 1664,
On behalf of the Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad to know that you have enjoyed your stays in the past and also the courtesy and great service from our staff. Around this area on the summer, weekends are a little more “active” than usual. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a restful weekend during your most recent stay.
For future summer weekend trips, please call us in advance so we can put you in room that is away from the “weekend distractions” once again we appreciate your feedback and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need anything else.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I enjoy the View from my Hotel room of Clear Lake. NASA was near the area and it made great to take a short drive from the hotel. South of the hotel a great park were we had a company retreat. Also a great view of Clear Lake... Great location for the Hotel. Getting there from airport was not good traffic was not good at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mariano A,
First I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback about your most recent stay. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the beautiful view that our hotel has to offer. As you know Houston is the 4th largest city in the USA and with said traffic can be hectic at times. They’re alternative routes that you can take and we will be more than happy to provide that information to you for your next trip. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything else.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We've been staying at this hotel for years. But lately we haven't stayed there when we travel to Houston. Not sure why just haven't. But this last time we did and we found out. I love the location of this hotel. Right across the street from that NASA Space Center. The Apollos astronauts stayed there in the day. It's close to Kemah which is a pretty cool area for kids and adults alike. It's sort of on the way to Galveston so that's not bad. And of course it's close to the Seabrooke fish markets which are the best I've ever seen. Hit Rosie's for some great shrimp.

The rooms have a great view of the water. I think all rooms have views of the water and same also have balconies. The price was one of the cheapest in Houston and you are getting a lot for your money. Parking is free which at a Hilton is unusual. They have redone the hotel to give it kind of a space feel. It's OK based on where it's located next to NASA but a little tacky with the striped floor and all. The restaurant looks over the water as does the pool. The pool although a little small is really nice by the water with the deck and all. No problem whatsoever with the service in the place.

So I know you are reading and saying so what's the problem with this place. The reason we have been avoiding this place is due solely to the size of the beds. We go with our kids so we have to get a double bed room. The say the beds are full size but they are not much bigger than my twin bed my parents made me sleep in when I was in elementary school 45 years ago. The mattresses are comfortable but impossible to sleep comfortably with two people.

We will probably try to find another hotel if we can next time we go because of the size of the beds unless it's just the wife and me and we can get a King. Too bad because otherwise it's a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Don't get a double bed room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rowlett9105,
We would like to thank you for your loyalty during all these years. We appreciate you taking the time to write such a detail review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed pretty much every aspect of your stay.
We do understand that all of our guest’s have different likes and dislikes when it comes to the size and quality of our beds. We do also offer different type of suites depending on your needs and if you have any questions in regards to future accommodations please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Once again we appreciate your loyalty and thank you for staying with us. Have a great day!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

As I arrived I was greeted by a very friendly desk clerk. For the rest of my stay every member of the staff I encountered was just as friendly. I want to recognize Jen the bar tender, she gave us some suggestions on where to eat and each was spot on! She was fun to talk to and she engaged each customer, gave the hotel bar and corner pub feel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear rickthetiman,
I have shared your review with Jen and with the Front Desk Staff and they are very thankful for your recognition. It was a pleasure to host the Texas Police Games we really enjoyed having the entire group here. We value your feedback and we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need anything else.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

If you get a room away from the elevator, ice machine, adjoining rooms and twin beds you should have a good night sleep with a great view.
If any of the above are in your plans... Get ready for a rough nights rest.
Front desk staff was great as is the manager. NO complaints about the people running the hotel.. They were great but if they had a good nights sleep guarantee... I would have gotten a refund.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Yen M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear ShAronmarie3311,
On behalf of the Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. I first would like to thank you for acknowledging the hard work that my staff does on daily basis. I have shared your comments with them and they are also very thankful.
I’m very sorry hear that you did not had a good night sleep. Please let us know your preferences pre-arrival next time we can be proactive about your requests.
Once again we are sorry to hear your stay was not hassle free and we hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We have stayed at this Hilton several times when we were in the area for the boat and car show, Keels and Wheels. Service is good at check-in the the room was very nice. We were on the 12th floor in room 1207 and the executive lounge was just above covering that whole end of the building. Apparently, some guests went there in the middle of the night and were drinking, watching TV or whatever and were scooting chairs around and we could hear them below in our room. I should have notified the front desk but it finally stopped. I went up there the next morning and the young men were cleaning up what they said was a mess. I don't recommend that end of floor 12. We did have access to the lounge and did enjoy the food and drinks as well as a wonderful view. The servers were great. We ate in the restaurant and the service was good but there was a limited menu and did not have the choices they used to, so ordered just nachos and they were excellent. Will go back, just will request another room.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Yen M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Mamasans,
I first would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We value your loyalty and we are glad to know that you will be coming back to our hotel very soon. If any noise complaints arise during your next stay please don’t hesitate to contact the front desk and we will take care of it right away.
I have forward your review to the F&B department and they are thrill to know that you enjoyed the quality and taste of the food. We appreciate your feedback and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Houston
Courtyard Houston NASA/Clear Lake
Homewood Suites by Hilton Houston - Clear Lake NASA
Quality Inn & Suites Seabrook Nasa Kemah
Hampton Inn Houston/Clear Lake-NASA Area
Hilton Garden Inn Houston / Clear Lake / NASA
SpringHill Suites Houston NASA/Seabrook

Been to Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake? Share your experiences!