Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake
US$259
US$157
US$152
  • Pool
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$102
  • Pool
Club Quarters Hotel in Houston(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$163
US$140
galahotels.com
1,141 results
All reviewskemah boardwalklake viewspace centerthe penthousethe executive loungebreakfast buffetnice hotelfront desk stafffitness centerbusiness tripclearlakeconference
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Went there with the wife and daughter for five nights. The location is terrific for visiting NASA, Galveston, the boardwalk, and downtown Houston. The room itself smelled like mold. We are allergic to mold. The double beds were full size- which was fine for me, but too small for my 5' wife and 10 year-old daughter. They did provide us with a complimentary air-mattress however! It leaked. By morning my wife had sunken into the deflated mattress all the way to floor, nearly suffocated by it. I asked for a replacement at 10am. When we got back to the room at 10pm, the same mattress was there, untouched. I made an appearance at the front desk and asked for a replacement, for the second time. Eventually a maintenance guy showed up with one. It was half the size of the first one, but it stayed inflated. Day two, we returned after an exhausting day to find that there were only two clean bath towels. When we originally checked in there were four of them. I'm not sure why they thought we suddenly only needed two. Perhaps they surmised that one of us was killed by the air mattress. I had to ask for an extra towel every night for the duration of our stay, except for our last night. The last night was not bad! The lake view was fantastic. The beds were comfy (except for that first air mattress) and the sheets and bedding smelled clean. We found it challenging to sleep however, because the heavy neighboring room doors slam loudly and repeatedly as people return at all hours of the night. The breakfast buffet was better than we expected. The dinner menu was overpriced. I had the chicken pasta, which was very bland. After adding a fistful of salt it was not too shabby though. My wife got the Mango salad. The dressing was bitter, and tasted like it was missing a few ingredients. I’m pretty sure this was the most expensive, awful dinner we’ve had in a while. Overall, the entire facility feels very old, and feels like it is falling apart. We will definitely not be staying there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Michael T
Steve D, General Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Michael T,
On behalf of the entire staff I would like to apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced during your stay! I’m very sorry that we did not provide you with a working air mattress the first time it was delivered to you. The housekeeping manager has discussed your comments with her entire staff to make sure they are more diligent when replenishing amenities in the rooms.
The F&B Director has also reviewed your feedback and she is very sorry that quality of the food was not to your liking. We deeply value your relationship with our hotel and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our customers deserve the very best and we are very sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if you need anything else. Have a great day!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

This was a very nice hotel with a great view! I would have used all facilities if I would have had time. The breakfast buffet was fabulous! We did have a noise issue that I wish they would have moved us to another room. Other than that it was great!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Steve D, General Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear Mary Jane W,
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write this review! It is great to know that you enjoyed the beautiful view that our hotel has to offer and your overall stay. I’m very sorry about the noise issues during your stay but be assure that we have zero tolerance for it; since our overall goal is guest satisfaction. We hope to have the opportunity to serve again in the near future!

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I just checked-in to this hotel and will check-out on Sunday. Over all experiences were horrible! The front desk agents and manager only maintain their minimum professionalism. The first room we checked-in smells like cigarette smell and the second room's sink has a crack looks like road map. One of the drawer's bottom is falling apart. What is wrong with this company? Do you just stop trying and let yourself go? The location is nice because it's by the ocean. Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with the hotel itself.

• Stayed: August 2014
Yen M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Ting C,
On behalf of the Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review. We pride ourselves on the outstanding comments we regularly receive about our front desk staff, and it sounds like we dropped the ball on your most recent stay. I have shared this review with our staff, to ensure that all of our guest’s in our hotel are always treated with the utmost respect and professionalism at all times. All upper management has also reviewed your feedback in regards to the quality of the rooms. We value your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to redeem ourselves in the future. Have a great day!

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Heading to this hotel for a week of business in July 2014, I had high hopes. After the week was finished, I found that it was just an average hotel.

The location in Clear Lake is very convenient if you are planning on staying in that area.

The rooms are clearly older than more of the hotels in the area. Wall damage and mould were evident in the bathroom that I had. The AC worked well and didn't keep me awake, which was nice.

The food that the hotel serves is average, which frequent travellers learn to expect from most hotels. Although, I was hoping for better given the fantastic options nearby.

Next time I visit Clear Lake I will try one of the other hotel options in the area.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JusPrice
Yen M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear JusPrice,
We know you have many lodging choices and I would like to thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip. I’m truly very sorry that your stay was not up to your expectations.
Maintenance and Housekeeping are aware of your findings and they will be more diligent when inspecting rooms so they can rectify any issues right away!
Your feedback is very important to us and once again we are sorry that your stay was not hassle free.
We hope you will give us another opportunity so we can redeem ourselves. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need anything else. Have a great day!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Stayed while visiting the Space Center which is close bay. The hotel is in a great location with stunning views across Clear Lake. Was upgraded to a suite which was very spacious. Food In the hotel restaurant was good though not outstanding. Service was excellent. Highly recommended

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Yen M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Houston NASA Clear Lake, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear John L,
We know you have my lodging choices and I would like to thank you for staying with us. We truly appreciate you taking time out of your day to write this very positive review. I have shared your feedback with the entire staff and they are very happy to know that you enjoyed all the aspect of our hotel especially the service. We hope to see you very soon and please don’t hesitate to contact us if you need anything else.