Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“Extra Requests Handled Well”
Review of Omni Houston Hotel

Omni Houston Hotel
Ranked #26 of 517 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I arrived at the hotel about 7PM for the Hospitality Law conference which meets there each year. I wanted to go directly to dinner rather than my guest room. The doorman handled my arrival and took my luggage to the bellman. I asked him to take it to my room and hang my sports jacket and slacks. When I arrived in my room I saw that he had not only done that but also neatly laid my shorts out and set my briefcase on the desk.

On a subsequent day I ordered room service with the overnight door hanging menu. At the appointed hour the next morning my breakfast arrived. The server brought it into the room and served my coffee, asked about cream, etc. This was a well presented room service instead of room delivery.

Overall this was an excellent stay with good attention to detail.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

This hotel is remodeling rooms throughout. They will advise you of this only after you check in and pay. Hammering stars promptly at 9 am. Bring your own snacks, the gift shop carries very little, but they'll be happy to recommend you eat in their restaurant instead.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I stayed in a suite, paid around $400 a night. There was too much noise as all my adjacent rooms are getting re-modelled or repaired. As a effect of that, the bathroom was not working properly, no water pressure, couldnt mix hot and cold water in the sink. in a nutshell, its not worth paying more than $80 for a $400 suite. Also, when i asked for black tea, they couldn't get more than 1 or 2 bags at a time.

1  Thank Bharathi T
OperationsMan, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your stay. We apologize for any inconveniences as we continue to improve our guest rooms and guest experience.
Sincerely

Reviewed 11 February 2014

This is a lovely hotel that is well located and has beautiful amenities. The desk clerk was welcoming, lobby pretty, ... but when we got to our room, the mirrors in the large bathroom were spotted, smeared, and dirty.The mirrored door leading into the bathroom had smeared cream dried on it. The cream colored painted door on the inside of the bathroom was brown with fingerprints. Never mind that the lampshade at the bedside table had holes in it. Otherwise the room looked fine.
I called to the desk immediately and asked if someone could come and clean the mirrors. I was told they would take care of it right away. Four hours later we returned to our room and nothing had been done. I called again and after that someone came up while I was there and did a good job cleaning the mirrors.
We had breakfast, ordering off of the menu rather than getting the buffet. In a mostly empty restaurant, the waitress suggested the American breakfast which included toast, eggs, bacon, juice and coffee when my husband ordered. When his breakfast came, the bacon was missing. Coffee was also forgotten. It wasn't like the dining room was busy.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank carefultraveler51
OperationsMan, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our hotel and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to address the opportunities with the appropriate mangers regards to the breakfast not being satisfactory.. Sincerely, Management.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My Husband and I spent one night at this hotel on Saturday February 8 because we were attending a wedding in the hotel.

I used the online check-in service and confirmed that I wanted a King bed room. We arrived at the hotel just before 5pm (the time we selected on our check-in) to find that our room wasn't ready!!!! Really??? At 5pm after already checking in online there was no King bed room available for us!!!! I think that is disgraceful service. The front desk staff kept repeating to me that they had had problems with housekeeping staff that day - frankly I do not care!! All I want is to be able to check in to the room I had requested. After about 20 minutes of back and forth and the staff disappearing I tho the back room I was still told that there was no king bed room available and was told that I would have to take a room with 2 beds. A as we were going to a wedding that was due to start at 6.30pm we had to take it - they did offer to move us when a room became available but frankly that was too little too late! We were given a reduced rate but that doesn't help - I was more than happy to pay the rate for the king room.

The room was ok but it wasn't what we booked and expected to be staying in. The lighting in the room was terrible - it was like being in a cave and one lamp in the room didn't work. While my husband was showering I put on my make up in the bedroom but the lighting was so dark that I hoped that I didn't turn up at the wedding looking like a clown!!

The bed was comfy and that is the only positive thing I can say about my experience. Please do not use the online check-in as to my cost that is no guarantee that you will get the room you expect to get. I cannot in all honesty recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hbsmall

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our hotel and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to address the opportunities with the appropriate mangers in reservations and the front office to ensure accuracy with requested room types.. Sincerely, Management.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We recently used the Omni Hotel for a block of rooms for a wedding, I will say this was a BIG mistake. Price discrepancies were a big issue, they literally made me go to my room and bring down my IPAD to prove to them the price I said was quoted to me was correct. They wanted to charge me $75 more for one night and would not budge until I proved myself correct. When I stated they made me feel like a liar they said I was exagerating. My nephew's reservation was for Friday through Sunday, they said Thursday through Sunday and again he had to bring down his laptop to prove to them what his reservation stated. The reservationists were rude during the entire conversations. A few hours before the wedding I broke the heel of my shoe, when I went to the front desk to ask for some type of glue to repair it they laughed at me! The hotel was without power three times during one day, made no announcement, no excuses, could not give an estimated time of repair, no back-up generator; quite frustrating when trying to get ready for rehearsal. Charged me valet parking as my vehicle would not fit in their parking ramps, agreed to take it off and left it on until I reviewed my bill and stated the agreement. Visited the Black Swans which is supposed to be a show piece for them, the swans can stick their head through the wooden pen to bite you, no sign to not get close, and the worse was we saw no food near them and their actual living quarters was very dirty. The food at the Cafe on the Green is wonderful along with the wait staff. If I am ever in Houston again I would never stay at this hotel. The entrance to the drive to the hotel is well marked but there is no name on the hotel and it could easily be mistaken as an office building.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our hotel and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to address the opportunities with the appropriate mangers and associates. Sincerely, Management.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I booked the romance retreat package to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We enjoyed our stay however our room was sandwiched in between two rooms undergoing construction which woke us up multiple times in the early morning. We had late checkout as part of the romance retreat package and housekeeping game in 3 times between 930AM-1230PM. The front desk was very apologetic and we did receive a lower price for the room but I would recommend that the hotel place guests who book a romance retreat in areas where no construction is in process. We still enjoyed our stay but because of the noise the room was definitely not worth the price.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and we apologize for the inconvenience of the upgrades that we are going through. We look forward to your next visit to Houston