“Great location”
Review of Omni Houston Hotel

Omni Houston Hotel
Ranked #26 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here over a weekend which was a perfect location to musuems and restaurants. The parking garage construction was a pain but bearable. The pool was nice but was not maintained well at its peak time on Saturday. The only bathrooms available from pool area was clogged and backed up and you need your room key to enter which is great, but no one notified us of this and had to make a trip back to the pool with a young child. Other than that, it was a nice, enjoyable stay. Rooms don't come with fridges - but requested one.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (1,927)

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband was here on business, so the kids and I (age 5 and 7) stayed with him for 3 days at this hotel. We booked the kids suite which connected to our king bed room. This kid suite was AMAZING! My kids loved it. I let the hotel know before we arrived that I had a boy and a girl. They coordinated each of their beds to match (pink bedspread for my daughter and blue bedspread for my son). There were board games, books, a Wii with lots of games, a chalkboard wall, etc. This was the coolest hotel room for my kids. They never wanted to leave! Except to go to the pool. Which we enjoyed daily. The valet staff was very nice. My only complaint was that every morning by 7:30 we were all awake because of the loud construction going on outside our window, which went on ALL day until 6pm. This hotel would be great for business travelers who are out of their room by 7am. Since we were on vacation, I didn't like being woke up that early. After 3 days I had had enough so we checked out and went to another quieter hotel around the corner. The manager on duty was very apologetic and super nice about it. I know it's not their fault, but I would have liked to have been warned BEFORE I booked this hotel. I would return once the construction was over.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids and can swing the extra cost, go for the kids suite!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
OperationsMan, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

We sincerely apologize for the construction noise as we build our new parking facility. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoy and your family enjoyed the kids suite and other hotel amenities. We look forward to your return.

Best regards.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel was exceptional! The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was very spacious, the bar staff was extremely friendly, the pool area was very nice and relaxing. Definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I love the Omni Houston (Galleria) Hotel, I stay here on a regular basis because of, the staff, club, food and the beds. Anytime I have a special event in my life I stay at the Omni Houston Galleria hotel. I have stayed at the Houston Westside, the Omni in San Fransico and I plan to stay at the Austin and San Antonio Riverwalk locations before the end of 2014. Christi

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Omni Houston Hotel and I loved it. The staff was very courteous. The rooms were very nice. Valet Parking is $27 for overnight but get as many in/outs you like instead of charging upon every entry. Self Parking is on the back side of the hotel and a bit far but they do have hotel staff to pick you up on golf cart if notified. I wish I stayed longer to enjoy all of the amenities of the hotel but it was a short stay. Will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a quick weekender, and so far, it'll remain one of our top choices for stays in Houston. The location is great and close to much of what you'd like to reach around downtown Houston, the Galleria area and the museum district. The location is actually quite surprising, since once you're on the property, you really wouldn't guess being in close proximity to all of that. It's a great, secluded property that's drawn back from the usual hustle of Houston. The rooms itself were quite spacious and well decorated. Bathrooms are similarly spacious, well appointed with amenities and have large shower tubs that have great water pressure. I like softer beds and found the beds to be quite comfortable. The hotel and rooms, overall, are quiet, and we even stayed there at the same time as a college sports team and wedding party.

Room Tip: Wifi is free, but you have to sign up for their free loyalty program, Omni Select Guest.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Brad C
OperationsMan, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you ere able to take advantage of our facilities. We look forward to your return visit.

Sincerely.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Concierge was great. Rented a car but used the shuttle to out to eat & his suggestion was awesome! Building a new parking garage so a little noisy during mid-morning to early afternoon but that should be finished soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to take advantage of our facilities. We look forward to your return visit.

Sincerely.