“Omni Houston Galleria” 3 of 5 bubbles

Omni Houston Hotel
Ranked #21 of 501 Hotels in Houston
“Omni Houston Galleria”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Omni Galleria location recently for a weekday getaway. The wife wanted to have a spa day. Monkara seemed to be the place to go. What a disappointment all around with this property. This is obviously a very old Four Seasons indicated by the elevator door emblems. I would venture to say Omni did nothing to this property than change the sign since the mid 80's. Will not return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great food great people .. very good service.. great location . Close to the business distinct where i was working .. also easy to walk to the interest places or a qucik taxi ride to the main shopping area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dallas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here over a weekend which was a perfect location to musuems and restaurants. The parking garage construction was a pain but bearable. The pool was nice but was not maintained well at its peak time on Saturday. The only bathrooms available from pool area was clogged and backed up and you need your room key to enter which is great, but no one notified us of this and had to make a trip back to the pool with a young child. Other than that, it was a nice, enjoyable stay. Rooms don't come with fridges - but requested one.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Southlake, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband was here on business, so the kids and I (age 5 and 7) stayed with him for 3 days at this hotel. We booked the kids suite which connected to our king bed room. This kid suite was AMAZING! My kids loved it. I let the hotel know before we arrived that I had a boy and a girl. They coordinated each of their beds to match (pink bedspread for my daughter and blue bedspread for my son). There were board games, books, a Wii with lots of games, a chalkboard wall, etc. This was the coolest hotel room for my kids. They never wanted to leave! Except to go to the pool. Which we enjoyed daily. The valet staff was very nice. My only complaint was that every morning by 7:30 we were all awake because of the loud construction going on outside our window, which went on ALL day until 6pm. This hotel would be great for business travelers who are out of their room by 7am. Since we were on vacation, I didn't like being woke up that early. After 3 days I had had enough so we checked out and went to another quieter hotel around the corner. The manager on duty was very apologetic and super nice about it. I know it's not their fault, but I would have liked to have been warned BEFORE I booked this hotel. I would return once the construction was over.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids and can swing the extra cost, go for the kids suite!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
OperationsMan, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
We sincerely apologize for the construction noise as we build our new parking facility. We are so delighted to hear that you enjoy and your family enjoyed the kids suite and other hotel amenities. We look forward to your return.

Best regards.
Vinton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This hotel was exceptional! The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was very spacious, the bar staff was extremely friendly, the pool area was very nice and relaxing. Definitely plan to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Houston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

I love the Omni Houston (Galleria) Hotel, I stay here on a regular basis because of, the staff, club, food and the beds. Anytime I have a special event in my life I stay at the Omni Houston Galleria hotel. I have stayed at the Houston Westside, the Omni in San Fransico and I plan to stay at the Austin and San Antonio Riverwalk locations before the end of 2014. Christi

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Omni Houston Hotel and I loved it. The staff was very courteous. The rooms were very nice. Valet Parking is $27 for overnight but get as many in/outs you like instead of charging upon every entry. Self Parking is on the back side of the hotel and a bit far but they do have hotel staff to pick you up on golf cart if notified. I wish I stayed longer to enjoy all of the amenities of the hotel but it was a short stay. Will definitely be back!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends