“Short Buiness Trip to Houston”
Review of Omni Houston Hotel

Omni Houston Hotel
Ranked #26 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Seamless experience all the way from check in to check out. Excellent staff and always smiling and really willing and wanting to help all the way from Car valet, Front Desk etc. Very close to shpping in the Galeria area and teh hotel have a drop off and pick up service from teh Galeria Mall

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (1,927)

Reviewed 2 August 2014

I decided to do a Staycation with my kids and got a great last minute deal on a room here. The room was beautiful and the staff was very helpful. There are 2 pools there: one salt and one chlorinated. Staff couldn't tell me which was which off hand. They gave each of my kids a little backpack filled with goodies. They loved that. Room was nice and clean. Food was pretty good.
The only issue was the parking. It was $27 a night for parking and the valet guys took almost 30 minutes to get my car the next morning. Plus, I had to bug them 3 times. Sitting waiting for your car in Houston summer heat with 2 little kids wasn't much fun. I would go back, though.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years, often for business or conference, this time for pleasure. I specifically booked for my family to enjoy the weekend and the spa. This was once a Four Seasons hotel many years ago. Omni has kept this hotel up. Elegant location and setting. Price often quite reasonable. Shuttle to Galleria available. Best deal in town!

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed at the Omni Galleria location recently for a weekday getaway. The wife wanted to have a spa day. Monkara seemed to be the place to go. What a disappointment all around with this property. This is obviously a very old Four Seasons indicated by the elevator door emblems. I would venture to say Omni did nothing to this property than change the sign since the mid 80's. Will not return.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great food great people .. very good service.. great location . Close to the business distinct where i was working .. also easy to walk to the interest places or a qucik taxi ride to the main shopping area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We stayed here over a weekend which was a perfect location to musuems and restaurants. The parking garage construction was a pain but bearable. The pool was nice but was not maintained well at its peak time on Saturday. The only bathrooms available from pool area was clogged and backed up and you need your room key to enter which is great, but no one notified us of this and had to make a trip back to the pool with a young child. Other than that, it was a nice, enjoyable stay. Rooms don't come with fridges - but requested one.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My husband was here on business, so the kids and I (age 5 and 7) stayed with him for 3 days at this hotel. We booked the kids suite which connected to our king bed room. This kid suite was AMAZING! My kids loved it. I let the hotel know before we arrived that I had a boy and a girl. They coordinated each of their beds to match (pink bedspread for my daughter and blue bedspread for my son). There were board games, books, a Wii with lots of games, a chalkboard wall, etc. This was the coolest hotel room for my kids. They never wanted to leave! Except to go to the pool. Which we enjoyed daily. The valet staff was very nice. My only complaint was that every morning by 7:30 we were all awake because of the loud construction going on outside our window, which went on ALL day until 6pm. This hotel would be great for business travelers who are out of their room by 7am. Since we were on vacation, I didn't like being woke up that early. After 3 days I had had enough so we checked out and went to another quieter hotel around the corner. The manager on duty was very apologetic and super nice about it. I know it's not their fault, but I would have liked to have been warned BEFORE I booked this hotel. I would return once the construction was over.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with kids and can swing the extra cost, go for the kids suite!