“Not the best stay”
Review of Omni Houston Hotel

Omni Houston Hotel
Ranked #26 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 4 August 2014

My expectations were not met with this stay. We stayed for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. For a hotel that wants to see itself as an upscale hotel they need to work on their service, it was terrible. Here is a list of the highlights of our stay. Nobody poolside was getting service until I asked someone if it was available, that was at 1:30 in the afternoon. I had to go inside to buy lunch. When we received service that made my mojito with mint that was old and brown, not the refreshing poolside drink I was looking for. We never received cleaning services during our stay and to top it off we had a large group having a party in the halls from 2:30 to 3:30 in the morning, little response from the staff. We were also unaware of the construction going on for their parking garage. It is quite extensive; the construction noise was not what we were looking for while we hung out by the pool. Overall we were not very happy and will not be returning. I do have to say that I let the staff know about our issues when we checked out and I did receive a follow up call from one of the managers apologizing for the service issues and that they would be addressing them. He also refunded one of our nights. This is the only reason they did not get one star. We wanted to like the Hotel but unfortunately I cannot recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank longhornmiller
OperationsMan, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thanks for taking the time to comment on our hotel and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We will be sure to address the opportunities with the appropriate mangers in hopes that it will not occur again. We also apologize for the parking inconvenience and construction, as we are currently rebuilding our parking garage.

Sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (1,927)

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I stayed here a couple of weekends ago with a friend. We got a really good price on the room so I was a little concerned about what we were going to get, but I was very pleased when I got to my room.

The worst thing that I experienced was the customer service by phone and the parking situation. There was no where to park in the parking garage, there was a ton of reserved parking and the garage was quite the walk to the Hotel. The customer service by phone was by far the worst service I have ever received from a hotel. I asked if I could get an earlier check in and the person who answered the phone said, "sure, let me get you on the line with the front desk." Then the front desk gets on the line and was completely rude. I said, 'hello, I was wondering if I could get an earlier check in." She immediately replied to me in an annoyed tone, "we don't do that, you are going to have to wait until 3pm." Come on, even if this is not a service that is provided, the front desk clerk could have been much nicer on how she answered me. I just expected a lot more from the customer service, but I may have just had my standards too high when it comes to hotels.

The room was nice and clean. As for me, I am going to keep searching out hotels because even though this place was pretty, I am all about first impressions and the phone call and parking gave me a bad first impression. Its kind of sad that if you want a clean nice looking hotel, you have to sacrifice the simple things like courtesy. I am still in search for a hotel that has it all cleanliness and good service but if I can't find it, then this is always a good fall back plan.

Room Tip: The room was clean if that's what you're looking for.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I came into Houston for my H. S. Reunion (which was held at the Omni. Beautiful grounds, great location, nice job catering the reunion, and for what I paid for my room it well exceeded my expectations! I was very pleased.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The staff at the Omni was extremely helpful during my recent stay. United airlines did not put my suitcase on my direct flight (LOL) so I was without clothes, etc., for a wedding the next morning. The staff provide me with various sundries and drove me to the mall to shop for the other items I needed. They really went out of their way to help me in this tough situation. On top of that, the hotel is beautiful, well maintained and the room was very comfortably and well appointed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This hotel is top notch. If your on business or in Houston for pleasure then this is your hotel of choice. Great service, beautiful rooms and a wonderful atmosphere for all. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

AMAZING service at this hotel. Splurge on this hotel you will be happy you did, Hotel is nice staff and service is amazing. enjoy the pool area. spent morning and afternoon at pool. very quiet nice grounds. Excellent wait staff at outdoor bar. you will not regret you stayed here.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Stay here, it is very nice and beautifully secluded yet in the middle of the Galleria action. Bar will be lovely when re-model is completes, rest of the amenities are excellent. Pool, Lobby, Spa, restaurant,all common areas very nice too.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple