Message from TripAdvisor:
This place is temporarily closed.

“This hotel does it right”
Review of Omni Houston Hotel

Omni Houston Hotel
Ranked #25 of 518 Hotels in Houston
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I enjoy this hotel. If you are in the select guest program, they have the fastest and easiest check-in process I have seen. 1st class hotel. Current parking is an issue, but they are building a garage that will fix it. Everyone is friendly and attentive to your needs. Very close to Galleria and uptown.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

A lot of remodeling going on but the service was very good. Housekeeping was the best. I haven't been any where in a while in which my room was cleaned and ready in no time. Great turndown service at night. Parking garage was a walk but they had carts to get you over to your vehicle. Overall had very good service for our conference. Very close to galleria and good dining spots.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
OperationsMan, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Reviewed 13 August 2014

They are constructing a new parking garage, so the current parking situation is a bit rough. Parking is in a garage behind the hotel, requiring you to walk a pretty good distance, and considering it rained every day we were there, that made for some damp clothes. The room was fantastic. I had a very comfortable king bed, all the linens and pillows were top notch. There is a work desk and a large chair to sit in and relax, big enough for 2. In the bathroom, there is plenty of space, so it doesn't feel cramped. If you want to get away from the hotel, there is a free shuttle within a 3 mile radius, which is useful, as there are very few things to do right around the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we apologize for any inconvenience during your stay due to the upgrades that are taking place to the hotel and parking facility. We have completed the work inside the hotel and we will finish the parking facility by the end of November. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Husband and I spent our anniversary here at the Omni Houston-Riverway and everything was excellent! our deluxe suite was perfect and well kept. Service was great! The Mokara Spa was the best! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I traveled this weekend with our 2 1/2 year old and Golden Retriever. The Omni exceeded all of our expectations during our stay.
I called on our way in to confirm an early check-in and Kimberly at the front desk was so friendly and eager to accommodate any request we may have had to make our stay more enjoyable.
The pool area was beautiful. I wish we would have been able to visit it during the day but we ended up going at about 9:30 pm and were the only ones at the pool. We were even able to enjoy the movie Planes on the big screen as we swam. When we retuned to our hotel that night, my little boy way excited to the hotel had sent milk and cookies up for him.
Overall, the hotel was beautiful, the staff friendly and we look forward to many more visits to the Omni in Houston.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and the food was good BUT....Valet was very slow to even acknowledge that I arrived -someone had to go find one of them to park my car and this was at 3:30 in the afternoon and then they were again slow to retrieve my car at 7pm a few night later when I checked out. Not worth the $27 per night

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
OperationsMan, Manager at Omni Houston Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience with our hotel. I have spoken to our valet manager to discuss your dissatisfaction with these services in hopes that it will not happen again.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I've stayed at this property four times while traveling for business. The hotel staff is very kind and welcomed me with a glass of champagne when I checked in. I'm a black level member with Omni Hotels so I was given a free upgrade to a lovely room on a high floor with a living room and bedroom. The hotel has been renovated with the last few years. The rooms are beautiful! My favorite part of this hotel is definitely the pool. There are two pools with cabanas and lounge chairs surrounding each. They serve delicious alcoholic beverages and snacks while you sunbathe. The pool is always a lively and fun place to be. The hotel offers a free shuttle service to and from the Galleria mall which always leaves promptly on time. The only thing I don't like about this hotel is the restaurant is not very good. I had Asian tacos which were not very good, but the bar is really nice and room service is always delicious. Each time I've stayed at this property has been wonderful. I highly recommend staying at this hotel if you are visiting Houston.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business