“I enjoyed my stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #311 of 501 Hotels in Houston
Hamburg, Germany
“I enjoyed my stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

It was my first time staying at this brand and I led it. I was in Houston for a convention that did not quite go well, but coming back to such facility helped relax me.. The facilities are excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Grace H, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear edekicy,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're glad we could provide you with some relaxation after your convention. We'd love to welcome you back next time you're in Houston. Again, thank you so much for a kind review!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

As a fussy traveller I dreaded staying at this hotel for 13 days after reading some of the reviews. However, I was really impressed with this hotel. The staff are fantastic (many thanks to the two shuttle bus drivers max and Peter who were perfect gentlemen and an amazing asset to the hotel). I worked at the memorial hermann hospital during my time and the shuttle bus dropped me right outside work each day. The front desk also had a microwave and fridge put into my room since I was going to be there for so long. My only negative was the lack of variety in the food (I guess this would happen after such a long stay) but the hotel is surrounded by excellent restaurants so this was never a problem for me. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again. Excellent service and great staff!! Room has bottled water and coffee machine included. Thank you for a wonder stay!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank irishashx C
Grace H, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Dear irishashx C,

We're so glad that you had a wonderful stay with us, and we were able to exceed your expectations during your 13 day stay in Houston. Thank you for taking the time to review us - we love to hear this type of feedback. We'd love to welcome you back anytime!
Longview, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

We enjoyed the Four Points Sheraton in Houston this week end, while visiting family. The location is great , walking distance to city center shopping center. Restaurants and shopping are 100 yards out the back door of the hotel. We spent both evenings shopping and dining here. The only problem I had was with the hotel restaurant manager being rude about breakfast not starting till 7:00 when the front desk told me it started at 6:30. So we took our party of 9 down the street to have breakfast due to his attitude. I only mention this because I would want to know if an employee at one of my businesses treated a customer rude , especially when it was 6:56 Saturday morning when he made a big deal of not opening till 7:00. We were able to get a suite at the price of regular room on the hotel website . The movie grill is right out the back door for a great movie experience. I rate this hotel a good 3 star hotel just have breakfast somewhere else. We were there 3/14/2014--3/16/2014 p.s the rest of the hotel staff was very friendly!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kevin K, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear cooper204,

Thanks so much for your review. We're happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay and found our location to be ideal. We're sorry to hear that your experience during breakfast was not as pleasant. We will definitely pass this along to our operations team to review. Take care, and please come back soon!
Salmiyah, Kuwait
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had the chance to stay with my parents at this hotel. My stay for 3 days was normal and good as I joined my parents who had come to leave me when I was offered internship at Texas Children Hospital. Initial booking was done online from Phoenix USA and on our arrival we were shown a room which was reserved for us but appeared less sunny and airy so moved on to the northern side rooms which were much better. Though not very spacious but I would rate it a good value for money!!
Free and ample car parking was available.
Breakfast was included and found it to be reasonably good. Fresh Eggs Omelet with some herbs was very delicious. Servers were not much to attend but everything was available in abundance.
Room service was fairly good as our iron got out of order which was replaced in 10 minutes.
The best admirable part of the hotel I would like to share is that; we had booking for three days only and were supposed to check out by 12 noon. However, there were heavy rains and thunder storm from the night before so most of the flights got cancelled or delayed. My parents flight to Phoenix was at around 2pm so we thought we would vacate the hotel by 11 morning but due to this casualty we approached the front desk who informed that all rooms are fully booked but would try to accommodate us until we get clearance of our flight. Since then we can stay in the same room as next guest was expected by 8 evening so we could stay there until 6 and they would see some alternate if we have to stay overnight. At around 5.30 we checked out of our room and came down with our luggage in the lounge.
By God's grace, the weather conditions improved by evening and we received message at around 6.30 evening from the airlines that flight is re-scheduled at 10.30 night.
I approached the front desk to settle the bills and really appreciated for the concern the staff showed and did not ask us to pay extra for our over staying in the room until 5.30.
I still remember the great friendly gesture of their staff and wish them good luck.

Room Tip: Our Room was on the north side which was quite airy with ample sun light till late evenings. Also tr...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear chinkyginni,

Thank so much for your wonderful review. We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to exceed your expectations. We would want to be treated the same if your flights were delayed!

We hope to see you again soon. Take care!
Scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

First night and I couldn't sleep - when I opened the curtains this morning I realised why. I'm practically in line with the freeway intersection! It's awful - in fact my ears hurt with the noise.

Breakfast was truly awful this morning and the server was rude. No cutlery available and when I asked for it he just kept saying pardon me. I might be Scottish but my accent is not that bad.

There is a free hotel shuttle bus and wifi (although pretty poor connection). I tried to eat in the hotel last night as was late arriving - as a vegan the best I could get was a baked potato and some steamed veg.

I only have two more nights to stay before I'm out of here and at least I've got a long flight back to the UK so can catch up on sleep then. But I will never stay here again!

The air con does drown out the noise of the cars but that in itself is noisy and I was frozen! Plus I hate these things as they just breed germs.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kevin K, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Trickschick,

Thank you for your feedback. We regret to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. I have passed on your comments to our operations team to review. I am so sorry you could not sleep due to the noise, and that the food options were not up to par. We certainly appreciate the feedback and will use this to improve our services.

We hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Houston. Take care!
Sherwood Park, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

It was a great stay! Room was comfy and clean! Staff was super friendly and helpful! Room service was ok but nothing that great! Food and drinks were expensive but there are enough restaurants within walking distance to enjoy.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014 via mobile

When we arrived Brandon Smith ( Front Desk Supv) was so helpful and got us a better room. Breakfast was a breeze with Nickky and Phillip ( servers) as well the food service manager who greet us and checked that we had everything we needed it Shamoi Murrain ( Manager) was so nice too . One of the best hotels in Houston in my book because the staff care for their customers.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
TLozano, Starwood Hotels and Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Citycentre, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Maxula,

Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We are so glad we are able to make you feel welcome and at home and we look forward to your next visit.